GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

My F Sport w/ Tanabe and Modulare Forged Wheels 20x8.5/10

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-13, 01:04 PM
SCStallion
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your C5Z on CCW looked awesome! I remember seeing it for sale a while back. I like your new wheels. What are you waiting for? Lol
Old 08-10-13, 09:37 AM
mso4
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok folks, here are the pics!

Modulare B18 forged monoblock wheels in the tinted brushed finish, 20x8.5 +38 and 20x10 +44.

Enjoy.

Originally Posted by e39ng
They sure are very high quality , I was told the person in charge of their assembly is from HRE.
I waited mine for almost 6 weeks but it definitely worth the wait.
My favorite part about them is that they much lighter than stock. The OEM F Sport front with the Dunlops weigh 57 lbs, these wheels with the Michelin A/S Plus weigh just 49 lbs. For the rear it's 60 and 50 lbs respectively. So I saved about 38 lbs in unsprung mass.

I've driven less than 5 miles on them and I can tell you the car feels more responsive from a stop. Like when you ride a bike that's slightly under inflated and then you give the tires more air. I can't wait to put in Sport/+ mode and see how much improvement I'll get in terms of acceleration and handling.

Originally Posted by mrpartsman
where are the pics man, come on, and may i ask y did u go for 8.5 fronts and not 9 and also what offset did u go with, thanks, and harry up.
The guys at Modulare suggested these sizings and offsets. Also as you know a few people here running 20x9 and 20x10.5 have problems with rubbing. I did not want to deal with that since this is my daily driver. Now if you're running wheels with lips then you might want a fatter lip. For monoblock wheels running slightly wider tires than stock these are perfect.

Originally Posted by xclusiv
Wheels look great. Nice garage floor too haha
Thanks. The only thing I don't like about these flooring is if I loose a screw it is almost impossible to find. But other than that they are great.

Originally Posted by terrycs
What do you mean two layers of sealant on the wheels? Did you re-do the clear coating? Or were they bare aluminum?
What I meant to say was I applied some paint sealant to the wheels. These already have a clear finish. I used Klasse All-In-One followed by Klasse high gloss sealant, waited 24 hours for cure than another layer of sealant. Hopefully it will make brake dust clean up easier.

Originally Posted by SCStallion
Your C5Z on CCW looked awesome! I remember seeing it for sale a while back. I like your new wheels. What are you waiting for? Lol
Thanks I loved those wheels. The only thing I didn't like was the bare polished metal. Cleanup can be a pain. Although I did applied an aluminum sealant so it helped a lot.
Old 08-10-13, 04:44 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

The wheels compliment your car quite nicely
Old 08-10-13, 09:16 PM
SCStallion
Driver School Candidate

Hell yea.. Hot!!!
Old 08-10-13, 11:05 PM
D2121
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice!! superb setup!
Old 08-10-13, 11:26 PM
GS350Dat
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh man those are really nice wheels!
Old 08-10-13, 11:32 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

wheels look great.... I just bought some 245 35 20's for the front and they look huge compared to yours.. I have the Nitto NT555... what is your brand?
Old 08-11-13, 06:50 AM
terrycs
Instructor

Looks good!
Old 08-11-13, 08:15 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

I really like the wheels you selected. Reminds me a lot of the LFA wheels. But I like how much less there is (less is more argument) and gives it a more aggressive stance. Not much of a fan on dropping the car with springs, but it came together nicely and was a modest drop. I've never liked the look where the tires are tucked in the fender. Always made me wonder if there was something wrong with the car or if it was gonna start jumping up in the air with hydrolics like you'd see with a old Chevy caprice.

On the fogs, how difficult/messy was it to do those and what are they?
Old 08-11-13, 09:31 AM
silguy
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the post and good info on the before and after measurements. The black color or maybe jus the pix makes it look like there's no gap, which is nice?. no rubbing, right? I wouldn't assume so, but jus wondering..
Old 08-11-13, 05:04 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

the drop is the star of the show, IMO.....and the wheels are a nice complement. Drop is always critical when adding new shoes to a Lexus.
Old 08-11-13, 05:20 PM
hksboost
Rookie

Awesome setup indeed
Old 08-11-13, 05:24 PM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Woot! Looks excellent! Congrats!
Old 08-12-13, 12:26 AM
mso4
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the compliments guys. Yesterday I went to two tire shops to have the TPMS paired and at each locations all 6-7 installers dropped what they were doing to check out the wheels. It's like a really hot girl just walked into a construction site lol.

I really like these wheels on this car and I love the drop. I agree that it's a perfect drop. Today I drove about 50 miles and the car feels like it has an extra 20-30 hp. The car just feels a lot more responsive when accelerating. I'm sure dropping almost 40 lbs of unsprung mass had something to do with it.

Originally Posted by tmf2004
wheels look great.... I just bought some 245 35 20's for the front and they look huge compared to yours.. I have the Nitto NT555... what is your brand?
My tires are Michelin A/S Plus. On their sides, these Michelins 245/35 20 have the same width as the stock Dunlops 235/40 19 for the fronts (9 3/4"). For the rears the Michelins 275/30 20 are slightly wider (11 3/4") compared to the stock 265/35 19 (10 3/4"). Again this is measured from where the tires bulge, not actual tread contact.

Originally Posted by BarrettF77
I really like the wheels you selected. Reminds me a lot of the LFA wheels. But I like how much less there is (less is more argument) and gives it a more aggressive stance. Not much of a fan on dropping the car with springs, but it came together nicely and was a modest drop. I've never liked the look where the tires are tucked in the fender. Always made me wonder if there was something wrong with the car or if it was gonna start jumping up in the air with hydrolics like you'd see with a old Chevy caprice.

On the fogs, how difficult/messy was it to do those and what are they?
I love how these wheels sets the car apart yet at the same time look very OEM-ish. A regular soccer mom might think they are OEM. Only wheel maniacs like us would know the difference. While there are flashier rims out there. I drive this car daily and I think I'm going to be very happy with my choice.

The fogs are very simple. I purchased two Toyota fogs (same ones used on many Camry, Venza, etc...), 2 fog light screws, the fog surrounds, a $20 Katz light fused harness on ebay, a $10 switch, 2 fog light plugs, and a couple small wires. The hardest part is routing the wires around the car and running one cable through a rubber seal from the engine bay into the car. I can write a separate DIY if you are interested.

Originally Posted by silguy
Thanks for the post and good info on the before and after measurements. The black color or maybe jus the pix makes it look like there's no gap, which is nice?. no rubbing, right? I wouldn't assume so, but jus wondering..
Today I drove through some rough freeways all day and lots of dips and speed bumps. No rubs at all.

With these 20" tires, the front fender gap is slightly less than 1/2" (measured from fender to the flat part of the tires). For the rear it is 5/8". Keep in mind that compared to OEM Dunlop tires, these tires are slightly taller (3/4" for the front and 5/8" for the rear). That may have contributed to the decrease in gender gap. I absolutely love it!
Old 08-12-13, 04:53 PM
bentleymp2
Pole Position

This does look great. Excellent set up. Kept it classy but with noteworthy additions.

Enjoy!

Quick Reply: My F Sport w/ Tanabe and Modulare Forged Wheels 20x8.5/10