GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Nav Traffic Indicator no longer changes color

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-13, 10:23 AM
mfeinstein
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav Traffic Indicator no longer changes color

I just noticed that my Nav Traffic indicator no longer changes color. I am in Boston, have a destination set that is plagued by traffic, and I can confirm that there are traffic incidents on my route. But, the little indicator on the map with the cars and clouds no longer changes color to alert me. It does change color when there is a weather incident, but not for traffic.

I looked through all the configuration screens and can't find a setting to turn this indicator on or off. It seems that if you are getting traffic information and have a route set that goes through an area with a traffic incident, the indicator should change color.

Any idea what could be going wrong or how to fix/reset it?
Old 07-22-13, 10:38 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Has your trial period expired? That's the first thing I'd check. If that is not the issue try and refresh the signal I suppose?
Old 07-22-13, 12:11 PM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by mfeinstein
I just noticed that my Nav Traffic indicator no longer changes color. I am in Boston, have a destination set that is plagued by traffic, and I can confirm that there are traffic incidents on my route. But, the little indicator on the map with the cars and clouds no longer changes color to alert me. It does change color when there is a weather incident, but not for traffic.

I looked through all the configuration screens and can't find a setting to turn this indicator on or off. It seems that if you are getting traffic information and have a route set that goes through an area with a traffic incident, the indicator should change color.

Any idea what could be going wrong or how to fix/reset it?
If your trial is not over yet, you may have to make them resend the signal. I had this issue when I traveled to New Jersey.
Old 07-22-13, 01:03 PM
mfeinstein
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bigblack06
If your trial is not over yet, you may have to make them resend the signal. I had this issue when I traveled to New Jersey.
I have paid for the service for several years in advance and are no longer in the trial period. This has worked fine for a year. Note that I am still receiving the traffic information as the green/yellow/red arrows are alongside the appropriate highways, and I can see the traffic incidents in the Info screen. And, my arrival time is updated to reflect the traffic. But, the indicator doesn't turn red to alert me that there are traffic incidents to check.

I will go online and send a refresh signal to see if that helps. If it does, I will update the thread.

Last edited by mfeinstein; 07-22-13 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-22-13, 01:09 PM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mfeinstein
I have paid for the service for several years in advance and are no longer in the trial period. This has worked fine for a year. Note that I am still receiving the traffic information as the green/yellow/red arrows are alongside the appropriate highways, and I can see the traffic incidents in the Info screen. And, my arrival time is updated to reflect the traffic. But, the indicator doesn't turn red to alert me that there are traffic incidents to check.
which is the indicator?

the little icon on the left that turns red/orange, etc?
Old 07-22-13, 02:44 PM
mfeinstein
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by modthispny
which is the indicator?

the little icon on the left that turns red/orange, etc?
Yes, that's what I am referring to.