GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Technology and Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-13, 08:02 PM
JohnBon20
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Technology and Software Update

So the new IS has a different and what looks like a better technology build / software version. I'm really hoping here but- is there any chance that they will ever release a software update for the GS? For example a clear feature and enhancement is on the map screen and how wether radar's are layered right on the main screen. Interface is also looking a bit enhanced.

Thoughts?
Old 07-19-13, 10:44 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I hope we get an update, it seems our software isn't complete but good enough to go into production. I really want a new voice command and a smarter notification system. Hopefully 2014 gets it and applicable to us too.
Old 07-20-13, 06:59 AM
Nexson
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just want a digital clock.
Old 07-22-13, 03:18 AM
GS250
Driver

^ do a search. i remember there was a thread on this sometimes back and there was an update in the US. I have check with the dealer in Singapore and they have totally no clue. I think the service is still miles ahead compared to here!
Old 07-22-13, 07:51 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nexson
I just want a digital clock.
I agree! I know the clock time is being maintained within the NAV system so they just need to provide a way to see it. The analog clock is very retro and nice looking but even it is not synchronized to GPS time and mine drifts quite a bit.
Old 07-22-13, 02:01 PM
JohnBon20
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sam430
I hope we get an update, it seems our software isn't complete but good enough to go into production. I really want a new voice command and a smarter notification system. Hopefully 2014 gets it and applicable to us too.
Has it worked like that historically in the past?
Old 07-22-13, 04:05 PM
jmarias
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnBon20
Has it worked like that historically in the past?
Sadly, no.. and it's vexing to say the least. Think about the Enform applications. The first thing that happens when you select Apps is that it checks for updates...and there never is one! The screens are even designed to have apps added.....But nope, no new apps.

Very sad situation and a waste of a great customer service opportunity by Lexus.
Old 07-22-13, 05:50 PM
JohnBon20
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jmarias

Sadly, no.. and it's vexing to say the least. Think about the Enform applications. The first thing that happens when you select Apps is that it checks for updates...and there never is one! The screens are even designed to have apps added.....But nope, no new apps.

Very sad situation and a waste of a great customer service opportunity by Lexus.
It's actually pretty sad to see a $60k car having to go through an enform app for pandora when the base accord links via BT to pandora in a native fashion- then they charge a subscription to enform. Makes no sense IMO and given the trends and use of software updates I truly hope they do upgrade the local Bluetooth stack and the firmware within the vehicle as a media or dealer upgrade.
Old 07-22-13, 07:31 PM
Nexson
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

enform? What's that because I seriously think it is worthless. I just use BT for pandora and yea, still trying to count the little lines and tell time hahah
Old 07-22-13, 07:33 PM
StonedCL
Driver School Candidate

Can you not just stream your music (pandora) through the bt connection without going through enform?
Old 07-22-13, 07:56 PM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by StonedCL
Can you not just stream your music (pandora) through the bt connection without going through enform?
Of course you can.
Old 07-22-13, 07:56 PM
foxisbubba
Driver School Candidate

yes you can, but some phones (my HTC) don't show the song/artist info like the enform app does. The audio quality is also much better via bluetooth vs enform.
Old 07-22-13, 08:47 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

While the enform stinks in my opinion, I think the Bluetooth integration is superior to any other I've seen or used, using an iPhone anyways. Meta tag data is comprehensive and I can browse by playlists/artists/songs, etc.
Old 07-23-13, 06:47 PM
StonedCL
Driver School Candidate

I have been using the enform alot and I like it.. It is buggy , sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.. The BT streaming has better quality sound then the inform?
If you click the enform app and the pandora radio there is a box you can check for better quality sound. Maybee you guys that think enform does not sound as good need to check the box on the app.
Old 07-23-13, 07:38 PM
MoizV
Rookie

I have been using the enform alot and I like it.. It is buggy , sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.. The BT streaming has better quality sound then the inform?
If you click the enform app and the pandora radio there is a box you can check for better quality sound. Maybee you guys that think enform does not sound as good need to check the box on the app.
I would have to agree with stonedcl... Once you choose the better quality option it does sound better than just the Bluetooth stream... That being said, it is buggy and can use an update...

Mo

Quick Reply: Technology and Software Update