Couple of questions for current owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-13, 12:42 PM
Phantom13
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple of questions for current owners

Hey guys!

I've been lurking on the 4th gen GS forums for a couple of months now and I have a few questions that hopefully you all can answer for me since the couple of salesmen that I have spoken with either don't know the answer or give a false answer.

1. I went to my local dealership in Lexington, KY and asked them if they can order a RWD GS F-Sport since they only have the AWD in stock, they said that they cannot special order a vehicle for a Toyota employee (I work for Toyota Manufacturing). But while I was on vacation in Tampa, FL they said they could but it would take 1-2 years for me to get the car configured the way I want it, which I assume is their way of trying to get me to purchase something off the lot. Does anyone have any experience with this?

2. I was told that the HUD is such a rare option that it is only offered on the GS450h and that although they offer it on the options they are not currently coming equipt with it and that it would be couple of years before I would be able to get an F-Sport with it.

3. Is the dynamic rear steering included with the F-Sport package? The salesman I spoke with said that it was and when I went through the list of options for a couple of their F-Sports it was not listed anywhere and I did not notice it during the test drive.

4. Is the "premium audio system" the same as the Mark Levinson system?

5. Has anyone ever installed or special ordered the sun shades in the rear doors, like what comes on the luxury model? Again the salesman said that the F-Sport came with it in the doors as well as the rear window, yet all of the cars I looked at only had them on the rear window and not the doors.

Thats all I can think of right now.

Thank you in advance for your reponses.
Old 07-17-13, 12:49 PM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For mine.. well

1.. can't respond to that
2. I have HUD on mine as an option
3. Lexus Dynamic Handling Sytem is an option (If this is the steering you mentioned)
4. Premium is not ML Audio
5. The door shades are not an available option to the F-Sport.. I was told. I have the rear window shade
Old 07-17-13, 01:01 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

1. My dealer will order any combo/package I want but not right now because the '14 models will show up soon. Would take 4-6 months to arrive.

2. HUD are offer in F-sport, luxury and H models. Many people here have it.

3. DRS are extra option in F-sport package and only in RWD models.

4. Who would paid for ML if they are the same with premium?

5. Rear door shades come standard only in Lux package. You can buy the parts and install to your F-sport but will cost 1-2 grand.

The dealers can't custom order any GS right now because they waiting for '14 to announced. So they just B.S with you.
Old 07-17-13, 01:48 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Small world man...I'm in Lexington.

1. From my memory of that whole ordeal of wanting a RWD car, they can't specifically order one because they're not in that market. However, they can look at what is being shipped to other dealers in that market and grab it. There may have to be a trade involved...which dealers hate doing.

2. Again, make them search other dealer lots for the options you want...they have access to inventory. The problem you'll run into is, they're going to charge you the transport cost to go get the car.

3. DRS is only on RWD, so obviously Lexington won't have any vehicles with that option.

4. No. ML is totally different

5. You will have to replace the entire inner door panel, plus order the shades. If I remember correctly it will run you $2-3K to make all the necessary changes. It's cheaper to just tint the windows.

Good luck man!
Old 07-18-13, 07:14 AM
Phantom13
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the responses. I kind of figured that the dealership was trying to get me to buy car off their lot instead of trying to order one. I guess it will take some time in order to get the F-Sport the way I want it, which in the end I will be happier. Again, thanks
Old 07-18-13, 07:18 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The dealer should be able to trade with another dealer or transfer a car with the options you want. The dealer I bought from has several fully loaded F-Sports
Old 07-18-13, 08:49 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Your salesman seems to be lacking in the knowledge department. Don't settle with a car they want to push on you from off the lot. Stand firm and order the car you want! Good luck.
Old 07-20-13, 03:23 PM
Phantom13
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by yardie876
Your salesman seems to be lacking in the knowledge department. Don't settle with a car they want to push on you from off the lot. Stand firm and order the car you want! Good luck.
Yeah that seems to be a common thibg these days. My salesman didn't even know that the rear wheel steering was even an option on the car.

Is the Mark Levinston audio system included in a package with the F-Sport or is it a stand alone option? The Lexus website has a lot of miss information when you try to build a car, for instance, ventilated seats are not included in any packages except the luxury package but all of the F-Sports I've ever looked at have them. Is the ML system worth it?

Also I know the rear door shades aren't offered on any of the F-Sport packages but does anyone know if you special order a car if you can have them added?

And one last question, do the head light washers only cone on the AWD models?
Old 07-20-13, 03:40 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Phantom13
Yeah that seems to be a common thibg these days. My salesman didn't even know that the rear wheel steering was even an option on the car.

Is the Mark Levinston audio system included in a package with the F-Sport or is it a stand alone option? The Lexus website has a lot of miss information when you try to build a car, for instance, ventilated seats are not included in any packages except the luxury package but all of the F-Sports I've ever looked at have them. Is the ML system worth it?

Also I know the rear door shades aren't offered on any of the F-Sport packages but does anyone know if you special order a car if you can have them added?

And one last question, do the head light washers only cone on the AWD models?
-It is a standalone option. Ventilated seats I believe are standard on the f-sport. I actually have never seen a GS without them honestly.
-The premium sound system from what I hear is good but I am spoiled by the ML system. While it does not have fine equalizer settings it sounds truly amazing. I've played movies (Avengers) as a test and quite frankly was blown away at the quality and depth of the surround sound.
-While I'm not certain, I don't believe you can add options that are not preselected as an option within a certain package like that. Special ordering I think just gives you discretion on colors, packages, etc.
-I THINK it is included in the cold weather package available on both the RWD and AWD models. Hopefully someone else can chime in and confirm.
Old 07-21-13, 08:01 AM
mshmsh
Driver

my advise to you is to wait for 2014 to come out soon. maybe around October when SEMA takes place.. wait buddy ... the car is expensive and don't buy if the options you want aren't present .. don't make my mistake LOL
Old 07-21-13, 08:08 AM
mshmsh
Driver

BTW. just for your information .. you can order an F sport with LED headlight (like the Hybird version) and power folded mirror! it's not even available in the US market but you can order it. if you want my opinion. wait till 2014 and see whats available but you really need an option called '' pre-collision system '' it will cost you 1800 extra (2000 MSRP'' and it's 3 in 1 .. radar that detects if there is an accident coming to apply the brakes and an intelligent cruise control and an IR that detects the driver eyes if he is not looking at the road. Also you can order AUTO trunk even though it's not available as an option on the F sport in the US market but you can order it. hope i helped
Old 07-21-13, 09:13 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mshmsh
BTW. just for your information .. you can order an F sport with LED headlight (like the Hybird version) and power folded mirror! it's not even available in the US market but you can order it. if you want my opinion. wait till 2014 and see whats available but you really need an option called '' pre-collision system '' it will cost you 1800 extra (2000 MSRP'' and it's 3 in 1 .. radar that detects if there is an accident coming to apply the brakes and an intelligent cruise control and an IR that detects the driver eyes if he is not looking at the road. Also you can order AUTO trunk even though it's not available as an option on the F sport in the US market but you can order it. hope i helped
What is this based on? Do you have an order guide for the 2014 model year GS?

Also, in re: to the OP, these stories of ignorant, unhelpful Lexus dealers makes me want to blow a fuse. Why can't they order you a car? It's a special order. Lexus can do special orders. And the 1-2 year wait thing, my God. How hatefully stupid can they be? It doesn't even make sense...that would be several model years into the future. Idiots. Actually, can you please post the name of the dealership and the people you dealt with there? They deserve to be called out.

Please, try some other dealers in your area/state and let us know what they say.
Old 07-21-13, 09:47 AM
mshmsh
Driver

Originally Posted by AdrianXT

Also, in re: to the OP, these stories of ignorant, unhelpful Lexus dealers makes me want to blow a fuse. Why can't they order you a car? It's a special order. Lexus can do special orders. And the 1-2 year wait thing, my God. How hatefully stupid can they be? It doesn't even make sense...that would be several model years into the future. Idiots. Actually, can you please post the name of the dealership and the people you dealt with there? They deserve to be called out.

Please, try some other dealers in your area/state and let us know what they say.
it's based on me ordering a special GS from Japan but the waiting time was 3 months! and the price went to $71,900! so I didn't order it but was approved. if you want the list I put together that was approved by Lexus let me know I was talking about the 2013 not the 2014. I was saying he better wait for the 2014 maybe there some new options coming out

cheers
Old 07-21-13, 12:01 PM
Phantom13
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AdrianXT

I live in Lexington, KY and work in Georgetown, KY at the Toyota factory and the dealership in Lexington said that they don't do special orders for employees (I wanted RWD instead of AWD which seems to be all they have in stock/order). I was on vacation last week in Tampa, FL at Lexus of Tampa Bay since I use to live there and have friend that still live there I figured I could order what I want and try to schedule it around the time I would be back down there visiting. I can't remember what the guys name was but he had a middle eastern accent, I'll try to find his business card. Lexus of Tampa was the one that said it would be a 1-2 year wait to special order a vehicle. I'm not so sure that it was necessarily the salesmans fault because I had a lot of questions that he didn't know and he had to go to his manager quite a bit to get the answers, so I think that the manager could have been the one who told him to say that just to get me to buy a vehicle on their lot.
Old 07-21-13, 12:05 PM
Phantom13
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mshmsh
it's based on me ordering a special GS from Japan but the waiting time was 3 months! and the price went to $71,900! so I didn't order it but was approved. if you want the list I put together that was approved by Lexus let me know I was talking about the 2013 not the 2014. I was saying he better wait for the 2014 maybe there some new options coming out

cheers
By chance do you remember how much the power folding mirrors were? I hate that the GS doesn't have them but Kia has it as an option on almost every vehicle, even the Rio (I think)... Doesn't make much sense to me.

Quick Reply: Couple of questions for current owners