Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

the links do not open, cant see it
Old 01-17-15, 11:18 AM
kdsr123
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello,
sorry i forgot this was my thread haha.

So Follow these two videos, The car in the video is a CT, he gives you an idea what the instructions say what to do.

and its practically the same on our vehicles, watch the video and follow the guide at the same time.

My dealer refused to install these for me, because it involved the "splicing", but thats the way it needs to be installed.
Old 01-17-15, 11:35 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks man I really appreciate it!
Illuminated Sills, here we come!

MEAHT
Old 03-13-15, 10:11 PM
waxy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MEAHT
Thanks man I really appreciate it!
Illuminated Sills, here we come!

MEAHT
Did you complete this yet?

I still have mine and plan on doing it this weekend for my IS3F 2015 and was wondering how difficult or similar this is.

Last edited by waxy; 03-13-15 at 10:17 PM.
Old 03-13-15, 10:43 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by waxy
Did you complete this yet?

I still have mine and plan on doing it this weekend for my IS3F 2015 and was wondering how difficult or similar this is.
It's easier than u thought, just tap it to the foot well light.
Old 04-13-15, 06:50 AM
sarcoptic
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

This is one mod I was like I am definitely adding these...then pull up the lexus instructions and your mind goes #$#* that! Hopefully this videos will make my mind go that is definitely doable. For those who have done this any other input/shortcuts would be great! 21 page instruction set...ripping out the entire interior was just not going to happen for me.
Old 04-13-15, 08:18 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sarcoptic
This is one mod I was like I am definitely adding these...then pull up the lexus instructions and your mind goes #$#* that!

Yea tell me about it, mf'er was about 8-10 pages. Usually I take on mods with good results but I procrastinated so long that I just gave up and paid someone like 100$ to put them in. Didnt even realize it also comes with rear sills, although they dont light up :/

MEAHT
Old 05-22-15, 09:26 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,130 Likes on 838 Posts

Originally Posted by sarcoptic
This is one mod I was like I am definitely adding these...then pull up the lexus instructions and your mind goes #$#* that! Hopefully this videos will make my mind go that is definitely doable. For those who have done this any other input/shortcuts would be great! 21 page instruction set...ripping out the entire interior was just not going to happen for me.
I just completed this install myself. Ripping out most of the interior isn't required even though it might make it easier. Dealer quoted me over $300 to install. It took me just over an hour to do both sides. The video of the gentleman doing this on his CT200h is very helpful. Kudos to him!

On the driver's side of our GS, there is no real need to remove the entire underside of the steering section/wood panel or molding trim that sits between the door and the dash like the instructions say to do. Once you remove the existing sill and open the driver side IP cover (3 screws, two push-clips), you will have most of the access you need to tap the footwell light wires and carefully run the sill's wires along the existing black OE harness. Just make sure not to have too much slack in the sill wire.

On the passenger side, it was actually a bit annoying because without removing the center leather that sits on the sides of the car's middle gear shifter center stack (held on by clips), the upper left part of the passenger side's panel remains slightly clipped in making it a bit harder to access the wiring. However, with patience and care, the passenger side is certainly the easier of the two. Since there is less going on with the passenger side, running the sill's wires neatly along the black OE harness was easier.

Anyone have any questions, send me a message and i'll be glad to try to help you out as well. Big thanks to everyone on this thread and the Clublexus forum for posting such great information.

Last edited by AJLex19; 05-22-15 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-25-15, 01:18 AM
Rozay604
Lead Lap

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

Great video but please don't use tee taps like him. Solder it.
Old 06-20-17, 10:12 AM
Bordenave
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AJLex19
I just completed this install myself. Ripping out most of the interior isn't required even though it might make it easier. Dealer quoted me over $300 to install. It took me just over an hour to do both sides. The video of the gentleman doing this on his CT200h is very helpful. Kudos to him!

On the driver's side of our GS, there is no real need to remove the entire underside of the steering section/wood panel or molding trim that sits between the door and the dash like the instructions say to do. Once you remove the existing sill and open the driver side IP cover (3 screws, two push-clips), you will have most of the access you need to tap the footwell light wires and carefully run the sill's wires along the existing black OE harness. Just make sure not to have too much slack in the sill wire.

On the passenger side, it was actually a bit annoying because without removing the center leather that sits on the sides of the car's middle gear shifter center stack (held on by clips), the upper left part of the passenger side's panel remains slightly clipped in making it a bit harder to access the wiring. However, with patience and care, the passenger side is certainly the easier of the two. Since there is less going on with the passenger side, running the sill's wires neatly along the black OE harness was easier.

Anyone have any questions, send me a message and i'll be glad to try to help you out as well. Big thanks to everyone on this thread and the Clublexus forum for posting such great information.

Just curious,will sill lights turn off when you are driving when you splice I to the floor light? Or do they constantly stay on?
Old 06-20-17, 01:10 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,130 Likes on 838 Posts

@Bordenave The sills are constantly on. Its hard to tell that they actually are because as you close your door, you no longer can see the illuminated logo. If you tap the floor light (which is the typical method), that floor light is always on when you turn your markers/headlights. Its very subtle but always on. Once you tap that same wire, the sills are always on like the floor lights.

I remember reading that other forum members with the 2IS have tried to tapped the dome light wire or some other wire that has the ability to turn off. I believe the JDM sills direct from Japan light up in the rear and this dome wire is one method used to get the rear sills to light up.
Old 06-20-17, 01:43 PM
Bordenave
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AJLex19
@Bordenave The sills are constantly on. Its hard to tell that they actually are because as you close your door, you no longer can see the illuminated logo. If you tap the floor light (which is the typical method), that floor light is always on when you turn your markers/headlights. Its very subtle but always on. Once you tap that same wire, the sills are always on like the floor lights.

I remember reading that other forum members with the 2IS have tried to tapped the dome light wire or some other wire that has the ability to turn off. I believe the JDM sills direct from Japan light up in the rear and this dome wire is one method used to get the rear sills to light up.
If the lights are off will the sills turn off when the doors shut? Also, do you happen to know where the instructions for tapping into the dome light would be? I appreciate your time and assistance.
Old 06-20-17, 01:55 PM
DallasDave
Lead Lap

Received 119 Likes on 73 Posts

I have the instructions for wiring to dome lights, but cannot figure out how to post and/or share them.

Regarding your question, Yes. The footwell/floor lights are only on when the headlights are on (dim when car is in gear, brighter when in Park or when a door is open), so the door sills will act the same way.