GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

goodbye GS350 F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-13, 10:50 PM
mush
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default goodbye GS350 F Sport

bought a FRS on 6-24-13 to replace my daily drive 2007 Camry SE. i wanted something fun to drive to work, life is too short so why not?
two weeks goes by and out of the blue i decided that im gonna sell the GS to save money for something big (not a car)
bought the GS not too long ago 12-17-12, im gonna sell it on monday 7-15-13. she only has ~3500 miles on her as she was my weekend car.
im not gonna lie im gonna miss it, the more i drive it the more i like it, but she has to go

heres my impression of the car, i know some of u guys might not agree with me, but IMO!

the goods
smooth ride
smooth and fast acceleration
that engine roar
very nice interior
nav screen is HUGE!
big car, but doesent feel that big while driving it

the bads
i only get 19mpg
front end looks like the new Accords
rear end looks like a Hyundai
lots of cars are comming out with that same built in muffler
i bought a car that cost over 50k and the exterior looks like those 20k cars
this car makes me wanna speed lol

after driving the FRS for a few days the GS feels like a boat! thats both good and bad haha

few pics of the two just because

Old 07-11-13, 11:18 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

sad your selling the GS!

but I have to agree with you, the newer GS, although I acknowledge its nice, sometimes I second guess if its really worth it to be paying that much for something so mediocre.
Old 07-12-13, 02:02 AM
1BlinkGone
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

4th-gen GS-350 mediocre ??

wow.

I just read cust sat reviews a few days ago and Scion was one of the 5-worst rated auto mfgs. (Lexus was in the top 5,btw) I do wish you luck.
Old 07-12-13, 02:14 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone

wow.

I just read cust sat reviews a few days ago and Scion was one of the 5-worst rated auto mfgs. (Lexus was in the top 5,btw) I do wish you luck.
Agreed, I just read this and has to scratch my head.

*shrug*.. I'm looking forward to driving my mediocre car to work this morning!
Old 07-12-13, 04:17 AM
JT51
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=mush;8034855]bought a FRS on 6-24-13 to replace my daily drive 2007 Camry SE. i wanted something fun to drive to work, life is too short so why not?

after driving the FRS for a few days the GS feels like a boat!

Agree, life is too short so why not (all things considered), so a few years ago bought a Porsche Cayman, loved it, still miss it, traded it in on GS F Sport, I wanted a comfortable, reliable, long distance vehicle. Longest trip I took in Cayman was 6 hours and I felt it, I have taken 6 ten hour trips in the GS and felt great after each one and I am old.

I am not going to compare the GS to my Cayman, in fact the salesman was telling me how well it handled and I looked at him, thinking to myself, don't talk to me about handling do you see what I traded in. Anyway, I was really surprised on it's handling, in your pictures look at the stance of both cars and Scion is a boxer engine, no way would I compare it to a "boat" also, though, no way would I push it like I pushed the Cayman.
Old 07-12-13, 06:21 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Be prepared to take a bath selling the GS so soon......but then, I'm sure you already knew that.
Best of luck with your new ride. I'm still surprised at how much I enjoy this car more every day that I drive it.
Old 07-12-13, 06:31 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

For me the GS was the best balance between power, reliability, looks, prestige and handling. Face it gentlemen, life isn't a race track. Most of us spend the majority of our time sitting in traffic or commuting down the expressway. Oh well, to each his own. I have at least 9.88 more years with the GS before I decide on my next car. LOL
Old 07-12-13, 06:34 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad you are moving on to something you like more. After coming from and IS-F, for me the new GS is, in a word, sedate, but that's not to say that I don't like it for it's other attributes. My car is became a year old in March and I am already considering something else as well. Good luck!
Old 07-12-13, 06:45 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can see why many forums don't allow "good-bye, I found X" threads.
Old 07-12-13, 06:46 AM
kamlung
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

pm sent...
Old 07-12-13, 08:08 AM
mush
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow.

the FRS is made by toyota and subaru. the FRS is just rebadged to a scion in north america, subaru sells the same car but its called the BRZ
i dunno if that makes any difference

Originally Posted by rjm
Be prepared to take a bath selling the GS so soon......but then, I'm sure you already knew that.
Best of luck with your new ride. I'm still surprised at how much I enjoy this car more every day that I drive it.
i drove it this whole week, the more i drove it the more i like it, but the money could go to something better as it was my weekend car
i already took it in on monday and they gave me a price, i honestly thought i was gonna lose more
i see it like i rented/leased a car for 7XX a month... not bad

Originally Posted by jkeifer3
Glad you are moving on to something you like more. After coming from and IS-F, for me the new GS is, in a word, sedate, but that's not to say that I don't like it for it's other attributes. My car is became a year old in March and I am already considering something else as well. Good luck!
good luck! enjoy yourself, life IS too short!

the exterior looks good IMO, im just bummed to see cars that cost 20k look like it

Last edited by mush; 07-12-13 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-12-13, 09:56 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Sad to see a GS go, I don't really agree with the Honda accord statement as well as the Hyundai statement. Correct would be the Honda looks like the GS same for the Hyundai as they came out after the GS. I think everyone is basing the look of the LED lights and saying they look the same. I personally don't see the similarities. I wish you the best in selling it though, the Scion is a good car I see way to many up near me.
Old 07-12-13, 09:59 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Just so I'm understanding you correctly...

-I do agree the back looks like a Hyundai though.

- for buying the car thinking you were going to get "great" gas mileage.
Old 07-12-13, 11:11 AM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Mush,
Sorry to see you go but I'm sure you have a good reason. GL with the sale.

Saw this picture on Vive the other day... I think this one looks like the accord more.

Last edited by 1111GS; 05-22-21 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-12-13, 11:54 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

wow.
My thoughts exactly. 4th Gen GS may well be the best GS to date and arguably the best overall car in its class.

Quick Reply: goodbye GS350 F Sport