MKIV98TT
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a supercharger for that FRS :-)
Old 07-12-13, 12:29 PM
peteharvey
Lead Lap

Received 449 Likes on 294 Posts

The 19 mpg - I guess I may have to consider 3.0 V6 turbos in the future.
I wonder if the 8 speed automatic in the IS350 helps?

The exhaust tips? Personally, I find the polygonal exhaust tips in the LS and 4GS the way to the future.
The new 3IS needs the 4GS's polygonal exhaust tips.

Personally, I think the 4GS front end is very stylish; actually more stylish than the new 3IS even.
Just me, but I don't think the 4GS nose looks like a Honda Accord at all.
May be the Accord is trying to copy off the 4GS?
In any case, I personally find that the Accord nose looks bland and cheap.
The 4GS nose is stylish, and oozes in quality.

Personally, I don't think 4GS tail resembles Hyundai.
However I do agree that the 4GS tail is bland, and is possibly one of the major reasons for downfall in 4GS sales across America.

With regards to the interior, there are actually 2 different aspects:
1) the interior material, plastic and leather quality, and the quality of assembly and stitching etc.
2) the interior styling, and shape etc.

The interior materials, plastics, leather quality, and the quality of assembly and stitching in the 4GS exude in quality, and very few cars on the market can claim to match the 4GS in this respect; even the 3IS and ES cannot match the 4GS in this respect.

However, in regards to the styling and shape of the interior dashboard etc, the 4GS may be a bit bland here too, for example the 4GS is the only Lexus model where the central console is angled downwards to the driver's abdomen, while other Lexus models like the 3IS has the console angled to the driver's eyes.
This is perhaps another major area that may have led to downfall in 4GS sales across America.

Overall, 4GS a lovely car, and hopefully Lexus can improve on the mid-life facelift due roughly around 2015.
Wishing OP well.
I'd hate to trade in any of my cars after just two weeks like that.

Just my 2 cents worth...
Old 07-12-13, 12:42 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by bnlexus
Jesus Henry Christ VIII

I know black is a PITA to keep clean....but holy touching Christ that looks awesome.
Old 07-12-13, 01:48 PM
jimster716
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With all due respect, I question the validity of this thread justifying your plans going from a GS to an FR-S. It's comparing apples to oranges. If this was about going from a GS to a 5-Series or an A6 or an E-Class, sure but I hardly think the criticisms of the GS would push anyone to an FR-S...two diff class of cars.

Any 3800lb sedan is going to feel like a boat after driving the FR-S or any sub-3000lb coupe.

The critique on the looks...purely subjective but you chose the GS first though a comparison to the Accord kinda puts into question your discerning eye.

Good luck though on your big plans and enjoy the FR-S, great little car (though everyone and their mom has one at autox and track now).
Old 07-12-13, 04:14 PM
1BlinkGone
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

the FRS is made by toyota and subaru. the FRS is just rebadged to a scion in north america, subaru sells the same car but its called the BRZ

Yes, I'm well aware of that. Just passing along what I saw in a press report in the last 7 days. I too was surprised to see Scion rated so low because its Toyota heritage would suggest otherwise, but it is what it is. Conversely, it was interesting that Lexus ranked in the top 5 auto mfgrs for Cust Sat... another Toyota product. Go figure.

Whatever makes ya happy. For me, that the 4th-gen GS model is stepping so soundly on Bimmer's toes as a 5-series (535i, etc) alternative, I find that far removed from mediocre. Being the BMW fan that I am, I hate saying it, but I find the current 5 series mediocre (sad to say), unless we're talking about the M5... and still, it's a BIG 5-series.

The FRZ and the GS are two completely different creatures- a sedan vs a go-kart. YMMV and all that.

Last edited by 1BlinkGone; 07-12-13 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-12-13, 07:09 PM
ISF350
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

after driving the FRS for a few days the GS feels like a boat! thats both good and bad haha

----------------------------------------------------------------
God damn haha. I kind of bored at the moment and looking around to upgrade my my IS350 for family weekend sport sedan. I'm thinking of the new 2014 IS 350 fsport and GS350 fsport at the moment....; All problem is because of after driving the 86/frs for a year. It really spoil the taste in driving! my IS350 become feel damn sluggish, steering and handling feel like a boat. Way 2 different cars. Your latest GS's experience is even worse which I need to think about b/c it can't help to satisfy my "good driver car" driving taste except the GS and IS have good luxury look which suit the weekend cruiser

Last edited by ISF350; 07-12-13 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-12-13, 08:01 PM
mush
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ISF350
after driving the FRS for a few days the GS feels like a boat! thats both good and bad haha

----------------------------------------------------------------
God damn haha. I kind of bored at the moment and looking around to upgrade my my IS350 for family weekend sport sedan. I'm thinking of the new 2014 IS 350 fsport and GS350 fsport at the moment....; All problem is because of after driving the 86/frs for a year. It really spoil the taste in driving! my IS350 become feel damn sluggish, steering and handling feel like a boat. Way 2 different cars. Your latest GS's experience is even worse which I need to think about b/c it can't help to satisfy my "good driver car" driving taste except the GS and IS have good luxury look which suit the weekend cruiser
im glad there's someone that knows what im talking about. the FRS is slower but its fun, u dont have to drive or accelerate fast to have fun in that thing, in fact i find myself driving below speed limit sometimes
have u looked at the cla 45 amg? that thing looks like a beast, its a small 4 door starting at 48k... it doesent come out till later this year

i know the FRS and GS is 2 completely diff type of cars, its just IMO
the GS was my weekend car so i wouldn't say it got replaced by the FRS, its being sold because that money could be used on something better in the near future
Old 07-12-13, 09:46 PM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by bnlexus
Mush,
Sorry to see you go but I'm sure you have a good reason. GL with the sale.

Saw this picture on Vive the other day... I think this one looks like the accord more.
Wow who's car is that love the F-Sport wheels they look good, looks better on a black GS
Old 07-13-13, 12:40 AM
ISF350
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mush
im glad there's someone that knows what im talking about. the FRS is slower but its fun, u dont have to drive or accelerate fast to have fun in that thing, in fact i find myself driving below speed limit sometimes
have u looked at the cla 45 amg? that thing looks like a beast, its a small 4 door starting at 48k... it doesent come out till later this year

i know the FRS and GS is 2 completely diff type of cars, its just IMO
the GS was my weekend car so i wouldn't say it got replaced by the FRS, its being sold because that money could be used on something better in the near future
I like the sporty look of the cls but I go with the new IS or GS F for a weekend family sedan.
Old 07-15-13, 11:44 AM
mush
Pole Position

Just sold it

Ill stick around the forums. I love seeing what u guys do to the gs
Old 07-15-13, 01:20 PM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you sold it. We'll catch ya around and hope you enjoy the new ride.

I've seen the FR-S, cute car and probably zips around. Just not my cup of tea.
Old 01-22-14, 03:22 PM
Jake
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to clarify, the 13 GS was released before the 13 Accord, that being said Honda copied the Lexus.
Old 01-22-14, 08:17 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

There isn't one thing I've found to be "mediocre" about my GS F-Sport. It does everything well.
Old 01-22-14, 09:27 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jimster716
With all due respect, I question the validity of this thread justifying your plans going from a GS to an FR-S. It's comparing apples to oranges.
I agree something smells fishy here. It's looks like an Accord and a Hyundai? You must be legally blind? With all do respect the Scion FRS looks like a CUTE car for a 17 year old female. I know it has excellent driving dynamics but looks wise it just looks cheap (I guess it is though). The Subaru BRZ is for sure the better looking of the two. You brought up looks so i have to defend my baby and tell you I couldn't disagree more.
Old 01-22-14, 11:08 PM
Infamous3
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah ive gotta agree, the rear does resemble a hyundia sonata i think its called I'm not sure. I always mistake them for a GS when I'm tailing them from far away

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: goodbye GS350 F Sport