GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

"F" or "F Sport" license plate

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-13, 08:00 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am on the fence about the plate. ... yes, I posted the law and all earlier. My car does not have the front plate holder on yet.. so the front is clean... I would like to keep it that way it it's possible. I se other cars running around without a front plate.
Old 07-08-13, 08:31 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
I am on the fence about the plate. ... yes, I posted the law and all earlier. My car does not have the front plate holder on yet.. so the front is clean... I would like to keep it that way it it's possible. I se other cars running around without a front plate.
It's definitely a "crap shoot" as to whether or not someone will get pulled over. I went over 4 years in VA without a front plate and then, in a parking garage of all places, was ticketed. If the law says "yes" then it's just a matter of time until the piper gets paid.
Old 07-08-13, 12:02 PM
MoizV
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
Believe me, I'd much rather not have anything on the front.. looks so clean that way...and the gs-f sport is all about that front grill!

Mo
Old 07-08-13, 12:14 PM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am going to push my luck and see what happens. The dealer said they won't install the plate if I don't want them to.. The bracket is in the trunk ATM
Old 07-08-13, 12:22 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

"F" for FAIL..hahaha (just kidding). Front plate law is stupid, I can understand they want to identify you coming or going but when you get pulled over, where are they looking (Back plate) so whats the big deal. To me its Retarded. I grew up in a state with no front plate and after moving to Texas, I'm surprised at all the stories about people getting pulled over for a Front TAG, IMO its ridiculous and a waste of tax payer money, there are people getting, robbed, murdered or kidnapped in Texas (Happens all the time) and you get a freaking Cowboy Texas cop that pulls you over for a front Tag, - oh wow great way to waste resources of man power of the police..
Old 07-09-13, 11:00 AM
MoizV
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
"F" for FAIL..hahaha (just kidding). Front plate law is stupid, I can understand they want to identify you coming or going but when you get pulled over, where are they looking (Back plate) so whats the big deal. To me its Retarded. I grew up in a state with no front plate and after moving to Texas, I'm surprised at all the stories about people getting pulled over for a Front TAG, IMO its ridiculous and a waste of tax payer money, there are people getting, robbed, murdered or kidnapped in Texas (Happens all the time) and you get a freaking Cowboy Texas cop that pulls you over for a front Tag, - oh wow great way to waste resources of man power of the police..
If only more Texas politicians felt this way...

Mo
Old 07-10-13, 04:09 PM
MoizV
Rookie

Okay here it is... And I love how it turned out!

Mo
Attached Thumbnails "F" or "F Sport" license plate-image.jpg  
Old 07-10-13, 04:12 PM
SimonGS
Driver

I know people who just keep it in the front windshield... or just put it there when they park not to make holes in the bumper
Old 07-10-13, 04:48 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by MoizV
Okay here it is... And I love how it turned out!

Mo
Wow that looks a million times better! Props my man.
Old 07-10-13, 05:03 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Looks Good
Old 07-10-13, 05:05 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

That looks great!
Old 12-17-13, 05:06 AM
nealb
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in rural Texas and the state troopers have nothing better to do than stop you for no front tag. And they did fix the law this spring to make an actual fine. I know several people (Corvette owners) who have paid it. And after being stopped myself several times the last 3 years, I finally put one on the front of my Z06.

Just bought a GS 350 FSport. The factory tag holder is crap.

Has anyone found something better? Like something that is molded to fit the front ? I've seen holders that use the threaded tow hole on the driver side, but that is too much in-your-face for me.
Old 12-17-13, 03:49 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

The most molded to fit the front is going to be the OEM tag holder.

Its better than a lot of them out there, at least it supports the whole back of the plate instead of just the top. You could always paint it to match the car...I thought about that.
Old 12-17-13, 04:49 PM
tweinreb
Driver School Candidate

Ok I have the same problem. I'm in georgia but my gs came from texas. I wanted to fill holes with fake sensors or paint. Being a three stage paint I felt that it would not look great. So.......I like that last plate you put on there.....how do I order one? thanks
Old 12-17-13, 11:31 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Does anyone know where to buy the tow hole license plate bracket for the GS?

Just keep it in the trunk until you get pulled over and make an excuse like you forgot to put it back on after a car wash.

Quick Reply: "F" or "F Sport" license plate