GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

F-Sport compliments...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-13, 11:04 AM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default F-Sport compliments...

i've had some cool cars growing up, a tastefully modded 2003 mustang gt, 2010 lancer evo, and a 2004 bmw m3, but have not gotten nowhere near the compliments on those than i have w my black gs350 f sport.

i think people are taken by the agressive grill, front bumper, and big wheels that they don't expect it to be a lexus.

glad i didn't go with an e, a6, or 5 series since those just blend in since you see so many out there.

Old 06-22-13, 11:40 AM
GS350Dat
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by modthispny
i've had some cool cars growing up, a tastefully modded 2003 mustang gt, 2010 lancer evo, and a 2004 bmw m3, but have not gotten nowhere near the compliments on those than i have w my black gs350 f sport.

i think people are taken by the agressive grill, front bumper, and big wheels that they don't expect it to be a lexus.

glad i didn't go with an e, a6, or 5 series since those just blend in since you see so many out there.

Its a sweet car. I too have a black gs. People ask and comment it day after day! One comment i always get nice wheels are they aftermarket?
Old 06-22-13, 11:58 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't get much compliments. Here's one:

Kids point finger at my car and says "What the F**** is that?!" I think they were perplexed at the sedan shape with an SUV stance.
Old 06-22-13, 12:51 PM
mush
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i get a few compliments, once in a while. someone left a note on my windshield at work haha
Old 06-22-13, 01:04 PM
CincyBrad
Driver

I haven't gotten a single one. One chick asked me if it was a new Camry. Seriously.

That's the one thing that bugs me about the car, it just doesn't have the presence of a $60k car.
Old 06-22-13, 01:18 PM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CincyBrad
I haven't gotten a single one. One chick asked me if it was a new Camry. Seriously.

That's the one thing that bugs me about the car, it just doesn't have the presence of a $60k car.
really? you should have a friend of yours drive the car and stand on a street and observe it, it definitely has the presence IMO.
Old 06-22-13, 01:22 PM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GS350Dat
Its a sweet car. I too have a black gs. People ask and comment it day after day! One comment i always get nice wheels are they aftermarket?
yea, thats what i like about the f-sport. it looks like its modded, but it's all OEM. IMO nothing beats OEM.
Old 06-22-13, 01:28 PM
CincyBrad
Driver

really? you should have a friend of yours drive the car and stand on a street and observe it, it definitely has the presence IMO.
Yup, really. Mine is an F-Sport to, the front looks good, the profile and rear are pretty bland. It was the GS or the E350 Benz, I went with the GS because I felt the E was overpriced when similarly equipped, and I didn't want to deal with German reliability issues.

The interior of the GS definatley has the feel of a car in the $60k category, but sadly the exterior doesn't, IMO.
Old 06-22-13, 02:25 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's why my F-sport awd with 19 inch f-forged rims, front lip spoiler, rear roof spoiler, tints, and fog lights make it look sharp and I get compliments every 1 month at least. Which is impressive. The standard GS looks plain I think.
Old 06-22-13, 02:40 PM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexus300
That's why my F-sport awd with 19 inch f-forged rims, front lip spoiler, rear roof spoiler, tints, and fog lights make it look sharp and I get compliments every 1 month at least. Which is impressive. The standard GS looks plain I think.
You have fog lights? I was told yesterday, by the salesman, that fog lights are not an option on the F-Sport
Old 06-22-13, 03:01 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
You have fog lights? I was told yesterday, by the salesman, that fog lights are not an option on the F-Sport
he put it on as an aftermarket....

I don't get compliments really. I get a lot of looks like why is that "kid" driving a brand new Lexus.. I'm 27 but look like i'm in HS I was dropping my mom off at Lexus and was pulling out and got a stare of death the other day from someone who was stopped at the light...
Old 06-22-13, 03:06 PM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

yea, thats what i like about the f-sport. it looks like its modded, but it's all OEM. IMO nothing beats OEM.
Stock F Sport looks hot esp in OB suit. Bold and aggressive. I don't have the same feeling for my luxury model as I did a few months ago especially the front end. Sometimes I have to sit down to remind me it does look good in some angle. When I sit inside and starts driving, it feels much better.
Old 06-22-13, 03:08 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Yup, really. Mine is an F-Sport to, the front looks good, the profile and rear are pretty bland. It was the GS or the E350 Benz, I went with the GS because I felt the E was overpriced when similarly equipped, and I didn't want to deal with German reliability issues.

The interior of the GS definatley has the feel of a car in the $60k category, but sadly the exterior doesn't, IMO.
I agree.
Old 06-22-13, 03:11 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by sam430
I don't get much compliments. Here's one:

Kids point finger at my car and says "What the F**** is that?!" I think they were perplexed at the sedan shape with an SUV stance.
, now that was funny.
Old 06-22-13, 03:50 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well maybe you just went for a boring colour? Even I get compliments on mine and its an SUV and I paid the equivalent of $84k on it, and even then, it doesnt have the panoramic sunroof or the fancy gadgets like the side assist and adaptive cruise control. IMHO, the GS450h F Sport costs equivalent to $80k here and ill tell you what, its worth every dime.

Quick Reply: F-Sport compliments...