GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Looking to move to an F-Sport from a TL SH-AWD

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-13, 01:13 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Looking to move to an F-Sport from a TL SH-AWD

Hello, new to forum and possibly (well, most likely) a new Lexus owner. I am looing at a '13 F-Sport Starfire Pearl with Flaxen interior.

I am currently in a '12 TL Advanced SH-AWD. I am getting tired of the stiff ride, road noise and bad luck I've been having with it.

I am going for a test drive today. The one I am looking at via the internet sales here in the Houston area is fully loaded with BSM, Heads-up, Mark Levisnon, HDD Nav, Intuitive park, Lexus Dynamic Handling.. etc.

Quoted at $60,868.00 MSRP. I have heard that Lexus dealers don't come down off the price on their cars. Is this true? How much wiggle room can I realistically look at?

Thank you!
Stew
Old 06-21-13, 05:38 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

crickets.....
Old 06-21-13, 06:08 AM
Valueguy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Based on that MSRP of $60,800 you should be paying in the range of $54,800 (high end) to $53,000 (low end)
provided you lease the vehicle or arrange financing with a balloon payment. If you don't lease or arrange a balloon payment than the numbers quoted by me above increase by $2500.

Best of luck.
Old 06-21-13, 06:13 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

You can get them to knock off $3K at least off the MSRP. Even more if you qualify for that rebate.
Old 06-21-13, 06:14 AM
gsbo14
Driver School Candidate

I am also looking at a GS350 and having the same problem. I was told the 2.5K rebate is only for leasing? can someone confirm this?
Old 06-21-13, 06:14 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Valueguy
Based on that MSRP of $60,800 you should be paying in the range of $54,800 (high end) to $53,000 (low end)
provided you lease the vehicle or arrange financing with a balloon payment. If you don't lease or arrange a balloon payment than the numbers quoted by me above increase by $2500.

Best of luck.
Thank you! I appreciate your reply.

I have not heard about baloon payments until now.

I plan to finance the car because I drive more miles than the minimum they specify, by a good bit.

I don't owe much on the TL and it's KBB'd at around $30K to $32K.
Old 06-21-13, 06:16 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by praetor
You can get them to knock off $3K at least off the MSRP. Even more if you qualify for that rebate.
I am planning on throwing 55K offer at them to begin the process. I won't pay more than 58K (if I can help it)
Old 06-21-13, 06:44 AM
Valueguy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
I am planning on throwing 55K offer at them to begin the process. I won't pay more than 58K (if I can help it)
Be careful here. $55,000 is too high if you end up financing the deal through Lexus and have a balloon payment. Dealers are very creative at getting that rebate money ($2500) and they will figure a way to get the rebate and have you pay the full $55,000.

At this time $55,000 is MEDIOCRE deal on the car you are looking to buy.
Old 06-21-13, 06:46 AM
lithe
Driver School Candidate

Hey Stew-just curious, what bad luck have you had with the TL?

I am comparing the GS, TL, M, and A6 as future "family" cars and am trying to eliminate contenders.

I guess off hand, the TL seems to have a better AWD system, probably less expensive too.

I'm hoping the GS (with F Sport pkg), even with AWD (a must for me), is the better handler of the two. The GS seem to be a little roomier inside, maybe better materials as well, and less road noise-not necessarily always a good thing though.

Let us know how the two measure up! Good luck shopping!
Old 06-21-13, 06:46 AM
Valueguy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
$58,000??!! They are going to LOVE you.
Old 06-21-13, 06:48 AM
Valueguy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lithe
Hey Stew-just curious, what bad luck have you had with the TL?

I am comparing the GS, TL, M, and A6 as future "family" cars and am trying to eliminate contenders.

I guess off hand, the TL seems to have a better AWD system, probably less expensive too.

I'm hoping the GS (with F Sport pkg), even with AWD (a must for me), is the better handler of the two. The GS seem to be a little roomier inside, maybe better materials as well, and less road noise-not necessarily always a good thing though.

Let us know how the two measure up! Good luck shopping!
GS has better seats, nicer materials, nicer exterior, better radio and a quieter ride (just to name a few).
Old 06-21-13, 06:49 AM
Nexson
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Stew! I knew you would eventually join the dark side, good luck!
Old 06-21-13, 06:54 AM
lithe
Driver School Candidate

GS has better seats, nicer materials, nicer exterior, better radio and a quieter ride (just to name a few).
I agree with your statement. Though exterior asthetics are subjective.

I'm one of the few people who hasn't been as hard on Acura (or Lexus for that matter) when it comes to exterior styling. I find both the TL & GS attractive. The GS is improved greatly by the F Sport pkg, IMO.

Above all, performance is my priority. I'm anxious for C&D to do a comparo with the major mid-size players. The GS lost to an A6 most recently, but the GS was without the F Sport pkg, and they still said the GS handled better. I think the active rear steer helps a lot in that regard, I wish it also came on AWD equipped cars.
Old 06-21-13, 06:56 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Nexson
Hey Stew! I knew you would eventually join the dark side, good luck!
Hey Buddy!!! Yeah, I decided to cut the umbilcal cord! LOL!

Good to see you here!
Old 06-21-13, 06:56 AM
Valueguy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lithe
I agree with your statement. Though exterior asthetics are subjective.

I'm one of the few people who hasn't been as hard on Acura (or Lexus for that matter) when it comes to exterior styling. I find both the TL & GS attractive. The GS is improved greatly by the F Sport pkg, IMO.

Above all, performance is my priority. I'm anxious for C&D to do a comparo with the major mid-size players. The GS lost to an A6 most recently, but the GS was without the F Sport pkg, and they still said the GS handled better. I think the active rear steer helps a lot in that regard, I wish it also came on AWD equipped cars.
I've owned 3 Acura TLs so far. All were nice, reliable and safe cars. But, the current styling is clearly not as nice as a GS 350 F sport. Now, the New Infiniti Q50 is another story.

Quick Reply: Looking to move to an F-Sport from a TL SH-AWD