GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Which features does the F-Sport lack?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-13, 09:47 AM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Valueguy
I have a lower back problem. Most car seats cause me to have back pain. I prefer the Luxury GS 350 over the F sport except in one crucial area: Driver's seat. I will sit in the fully loaded Luxury GS 350 again but the F sport seat was quite nice.

If you haven't compared car seats then that means you don't have a back issue. But, many of us do have some sort of back problem and Car seat comfort trumps everything else.

I like the look of the F sport but one can always add a spoiler and change the wheels. I also prefer a leather steering wheel.
Have you tried taking the wallet out of your pants' pocket? I don't have back problem (yet) but someone posted something about his habit of always taking his wallet out before driving... I tried it and it really makes a difference. In fact I don't have the wallet on me when I'm in the office anymore! Lux has some extra adjustments to the seats but I don't think it's that noticeable. As for the fogs, I don't think F Sport "lacks" that feature. IMO F Sport looks more aggressive without the fogs. AFS is nice though.
Old 06-10-13, 10:19 AM
hypnotika
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The value of the differences between the F-sport and Luxury are subjective. I don't think saying the F-sport has "a lot less" is a fair statement. It just comes down to preference and what you value more. I value the performance (yes, there is a difference with the F-sport adaptive variable suspension, VGRS, DRS, bigger brakes and bigger wheels) and aesthetics over my passengers being able to control audio and climate. The F-sport is driver centric and the way the F-sport side bolster adjustable seats and adjustable leg cushion enhance the feel and hug the driver is phenomenal to me. My only gripe is the AFLS but it's definitely not something I would lose sleep over. Also, not sure what the OP was looking at, but my F sport has rain sensors and rear sunshade...

Originally Posted by omaralt
i agree, i dont understand why they took that out. that seems to fit with the sporty image of the F sport. but the fact that you dont care about them is irrelevant. the luxury package has a lot more stuff yet they're the same price

there is only $60 difference between the two. not $2K. maybe the luxury one you were looking at had more options (HUD, ML, etc)

i drove both and could not tell any difference when both were set to sport +. i dont think any GS350 has an LSD.
Old 06-10-13, 10:32 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by omaralt
there is only $60 difference between the two. not $2K. maybe the luxury one you were looking at had more options (HUD, ML, etc)
How are you getting a $60 difference when the FSport with cold weather package is $8,430 vs the Luxury package being $10,645. That's a $2K+ difference. Even if you add the ML system to the Fsport, that's still an $800 cheaper than the luxury package.

I priced it out and it was $59+K MSRP for the Fsport model I wanted vs $61+K for the luxury model. still I concede that the luxury model is the best value if you wanted to have all the luxury options. Like some have previously stated, it's all a matter of preference. I prefer the larger brakes, rims and the looks of the FSport vs all the gizsmos I won't use in the luxury package.

Last edited by praetor; 06-10-13 at 10:43 AM.
Old 06-10-13, 11:23 AM
larryinWA
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BarrettF77
Glad you agreed with my statement. If comfort and additional amenities for older passengers is
Your thing, it's a great match. With younger kiddos and short trips when the whole family is in my car, the F Sport is perfect for me.
My passengers are typically my wife and grandchildren, all of whom deserve spoiling. The kids like the controls, but are learning to be careful, so hopefully that will work out. When I don't have passengers, there's plenty of power in Sport+ Mode.
Old 06-10-13, 01:14 PM
majin ssj
Driver School Candidate

Moot point as of now as I ended up getting a Starfire Pearl F-Sport with Flaxen interior. I was mostly worried about the auto wipers and rear sunshade but my new F-Sport indeed has those features so its all good (do wish it had AFLS like my Genesis sedan but oh well). And to those that say that the F-Sport is the same price but with less stuff, I'd argue that it doesn't have less stuff, just different stuff. For the F-Sport I traded aniline leather and more adjustability on the passenger seat for 19" sport wheels and huge summer tires. I traded the side rear sunshades for the all black headliner and I traded the rear climate control for bigger sports brakes and a better looking body kit. You really get the same amount for your money, just different things.

Btw, I'm getting out the D5100 to take some pics today and should have a post up tonight with my initial impressions and pics!
Old 06-10-13, 01:55 PM
hypnotika
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by majin ssj
Moot point as of now as I ended up getting a Starfire Pearl F-Sport with Flaxen interior. I was mostly worried about the auto wipers and rear sunshade but my new F-Sport indeed has those features so its all good (do wish it had AFLS like my Genesis sedan but oh well). And to those that say that the F-Sport is the same price but with less stuff, I'd argue that it doesn't have less stuff, just different stuff. For the F-Sport I traded aniline leather and more adjustability on the passenger seat for 19" sport wheels and huge summer tires. I traded the side rear sunshades for the all black headliner and I traded the rear climate control for bigger sports brakes and a better looking body kit. You really get the same amount for your money, just different things.

Btw, I'm getting out the D5100 to take some pics today and should have a post up tonight with my initial impressions and pics!
Congrats!
Old 06-10-13, 05:55 PM
rlj4246
Pole Position

Like many others I love the look of the F-Sport but wanted features only available in the Lux edition. Ordered a lux and changed the wheels and spoiler to F-sport and the two front grills to F-Sport grills. Problem solved. Perfect car for me.
Old 06-10-13, 06:00 PM
majin ssj
Driver School Candidate

Thanks! Here's a quick pic at Wal-Mart (of all places)!

Old 06-11-13, 06:56 AM
DaSyce
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Only dilemma is for people who want a red interior and a black wood steering wheel.

Could care less about the option packages.
Old 06-12-13, 08:06 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The F Sport has the Cabernet leather, aluminum trim and fat steering wheel. The Luxury model doesn't have those. That was enough to sway my decision.
Old 06-13-13, 05:44 AM
Outrage
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dseag2
The F Sport has the Cabernet leather, aluminum trim and fat steering wheel. The Luxury model doesn't have those. That was enough to sway my decision.
The F Sport steering wheel is like the base model's wheel with the exception of the perforated leather at the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock positions and the F Sport badge at the 6 o'clock position. The Luxury steering wheel is like the base models with the exception of wood above the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock positions and between those positions and the 6 o'clock position.