GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Rear side sunshades in a GS350 Fsport

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-13, 08:44 AM
harleymark
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by terrycs
Is the Sport+ drive mode available on the Lux version?
Indeed it is...I have the Lux version, and spend 80% of my time driving in Sport+.

The items not included in the F Sport are why I chose the Luxury version.
Old 05-29-13, 08:55 AM
Outrage
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, the same adaptable suspension is found on the Luxury Package models. The adjustments of the shocks are calibrated differently. Looking at the parts listing on Sewell Lexus's website it appears that the springs and anti-roll bars are identical between both AVS models (F Sport and Luxury).

You know, I'm wondering if replacing a few nuts on the top of the shocks would basically allow the Luxury to have the same calibration as the F Sport.
Old 05-29-13, 09:13 AM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

I saw an F Sport the other night... I could see why Lexus don't offer fogs on them. The car looks so hot and bold especially at night in black or dark color. We were side by side on the freeway for about 15 miles. I love my car (Lux Black) but I must admit the F Sport looks so bold and aggressive without the fogs. They probably don't want the "luxury" items on F Sports because they would "clash" the term "Sports". The one thing that steered me away from F Sports was the aluminum trim. It's a little too sporty for me.
On the other hand I do enjoy other things the come with the Lux models. I have passengers in the back so the shades and console really help. The adjustable headlights and seats are nice too.
Car looks great but I agree with J. The wheels don't seem to belong there. But if you like them, that's all that matters. Have you seen Niche Targa or Vossen CV4? I think they look hot.
Old 05-29-13, 10:05 AM
omaralt
Rookie

the more i look at it the more it seems you really get ripped off on the F sport package. it's the same price as the lux package and the only extras you get are the cosmetics (bumper) and bigger brakes and rims... you get a ton more stuff on the lux.. and the one thing that makes no sense is why is the passenger seat on the F sport no the 16 way like the drivers?? makes no sense.. get a lux and change out the front bumper and you come out way ahead..
Old 05-29-13, 12:09 PM
GS350MIKE
Pit Crew

Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts

Agree with getting a premium or luxury model and adding aftermarket rims to make the car unique and achieve better handling. That's what I did, because I wanted the Premium features more than I wanted Sport + (and I wanted the wood trim instead of the aluminum interior...hands down).

Don't mean to annoy anyone by posting my picture in different threads. I just like showing my car to OPs when I make comments.
Attached Thumbnails Rear side sunshades in a GS350 Fsport-poj.jpg  
Old 05-29-13, 03:23 PM
harleymark
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GS350MIKE
Agree with getting a premium or luxury model and adding aftermarket rims to make the car unique and achieve better handling. That's what I did, because I wanted the Premium features more than I wanted Sport + (and I wanted the wood trim instead of the aluminum interior...hands down).

Don't mean to annoy anyone by posting my picture in different threads. I just like showing my car to OPs when I make comments.
Don't worry - We love our car ****!
Old 05-29-13, 03:56 PM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am not sure which package, but it is available on non-F sport models. My buddy works for them and he delivered one that I refused to believe had sport + mode until he sent me a picture of the nav screen.
Old 05-29-13, 04:01 PM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by omaralt
the more i look at it the more it seems you really get ripped off on the F sport package. it's the same price as the lux package and the only extras you get are the cosmetics (bumper) and bigger brakes and rims... you get a ton more stuff on the lux.. and the one thing that makes no sense is why is the passenger seat on the F sport no the 16 way like the drivers?? makes no sense.. get a lux and change out the front bumper and you come out way ahead..
Body lines, much cleaner, don't need any exterior cosmetic changes to have a sporty AND luxurious looking car. Although not my complete argument, simplified it suffices for me. Also Lexus cleverly targeted younger buyers (like myself) with the f sport package-widens the buying age significantly. If you plan to keep the stock f sport set up (rims and tires) in no way is it a rip off. Also the Cabernet interior is nice. And buying a car simply put is a rip off!! But we all love our GS's, I bet that is true

Last edited by GSthe4th; 05-29-13 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-29-13, 04:40 PM
terrycs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In addition to the brake & wheel upgrades, it seems as though the F-Sport includes Sport+ mode but only available as an option on the Luxury.

So maybe not as much of a rip off?
Old 05-29-13, 04:48 PM
Outrage
Lead Lap

In addition to the brake & wheel upgrades, it seems as though the F-Sport includes Sport+ mode but only available as an option on the Luxury.

The Luxury Package includes the AVS system, as does the F Sport Package.
Old 05-29-13, 07:10 PM
omaralt
Rookie

Luxury package includes sport +
Old 05-29-13, 08:10 PM
terrycs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Luxury package includes sport +
You're right .. I stand corrected.
Old 05-29-13, 09:06 PM
sarmyth
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

There is a difference between the AVS computer tuning between FSport and Lux... it's not just a showy bumper and better brakes...

Check 10:17 in the press introduction of the GS

This is what pushed me to FSport instead of grabbing a 450h.
Old 05-29-13, 10:51 PM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the F sport is what brought me to lexus, up until then, i was never really interested in them. love the agressive styling, monster brakes and big wheels. it's the perfect balance of sport and luxury. and there are more suspension changes to the f sport than just the shocks, The F Sport treatment further fits stiffer springs, different bushings, retuned adaptive variable dampers, thicker anti-roll bars, variable-rate steering, the luxury model features are pretty cool, i would have liked the adaptive headlights, but that's about it.
Old 05-30-13, 12:21 AM
LexusVet
Pole Position

lux definitely a better value you get so much more, I dont know how you can live without adaptive headlights its a must for me. I drove lux and f sport in sport + I felt or noticed no difference between the 2 that would justify doing without so much on a lux model, So made the choice for the lux and added spoiler f sport wheels and swapped out grilles never been happier

Quick Reply: Rear side sunshades in a GS350 Fsport