GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

22ple vx1 pro glass coating

Old 05-17-13, 01:26 PM
zicogold
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this an option to 3M's paint protection film, Scotchgard and Ventureshield?
Old 05-17-13, 02:24 PM
larryinWA
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you know that today there are computer screens that can be rolled up like a big sheet of plastic. I'll bet that 20 years from now, they could create panels that cold be adjusted for glossiness, reflection, color, even graphics for advertising. No more need to polish or coat with any chemicals.
Old 05-18-13, 09:31 PM
larryinWA
Pole Position

My first time detailing. Working on our older cars before taking on the new lexus. I clayed my old accord and polished with meg 205. It looks amazing. Am i really going to notice the difference if I go over it with Meg 105?
Old 05-18-13, 10:14 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by larryinWA
My first time detailing. Working on our older cars before taking on the new lexus. I clayed my old accord and polished with meg 205. It looks amazing. Am i really going to notice the difference if I go over it with Meg 105?
you should try Menzerna FG400... and yes OC 2.0 is permanent.
Old 05-18-13, 11:44 PM
larryinWA
Pole Position

I'll look at fg400 for my wifes car, which is next. I just need to get the honda ready to sell this month. Claying & polishing already took 8 hours, as it was in bad shape. What happens to oc2.0, though, when it's scratched or marred? How do you repair it?
Old 05-19-13, 04:54 AM
larryinWA
Pole Position

My mistake. I used 105 and was wondering whether i'd be able to see the difference if i went over it with 205? I suppose i should, since I have it, but the surface looks good already
Old 05-19-13, 07:26 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

I'll look at fg400 for my wifes car, which is next. I just need to get the honda ready to sell this month. Claying & polishing already took 8 hours, as it was in bad shape. What happens to oc2.0, though, when it's scratched or marred? How do you repair it?
yeah claying and polishing is a ***** but you don't notice how time consuming it is until you're done and look at the time and say "damn i've been detailing that long". to me the end results are worth it. if you damage the OC then the only way to remove it is to polish that area and you will need an aggressive polish. then IPA and reapply the OC. i use ONR,ONRWW,OOC utilizing the Gary Dean method with a little of my own and my car has not one scratch or swirl. oh, hold on... there is a 1in. scratch on my roof that i put there myself after trying to dislodge a claymore left by a bird. i've switched to Optimum products for ease of use and it's alot less time consuming and their product line is amazing.
Old 05-19-13, 08:27 AM
larryinWA
Pole Position

My mistake. I used 105 and was wondering whether i'd be able to see the difference if i went over it with 205? I suppose i should, since I have it, but the surface looks good already. I'm ordering some ONR today. What do you put on the wheels & what do you use for tire dressing?
Old 05-19-13, 09:35 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

My mistake. I used 105 and was wondering whether i'd be able to see the difference if i went over it with 205? I suppose i should, since I have it, but the surface looks good already. I'm ordering some ONR today. What do you put on the wheels & what do you use for tire dressing?
i don't think you'll see much of a difference if you use the 205 over the 105. ONR is great, my small list 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice...

#1 OOC = optimum opti-clean:thumbup :
#2 ONRWW = optimum no rinse with wax
#3 ONR = optimum no rinse

you can't go wrong with either one but i like OOC the best. top it with OCW when you're done. my wheels have 2 coats each of the Wolfs Rim Shield. i clean my wheels & tires with Eagle One A2Z wheel and tire cleaner (great stuff) i dress them with Eagle One tire shine (great stuff).
Old 05-19-13, 10:02 PM
larryinWA
Pole Position

Ordered a gallon of ooc concentrate and the wolfs. Thanks for recommending. Here's maybe an interesting question. I'm heading to Palm Springs where the avg temp is 104 in June. Along the way, there's a 20 mile stretch where cars can have their front end covered with smashed insects. If you don't clean them off that night, they'll get baked onto the car the next day. Any suggestions? One person said he covered his front end with ivory dish soap before driving through the bugs and was able to hose it off. I suppose soap won't hurt anything

Last edited by larryinWA; 05-19-13 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-20-13, 06:08 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 608 Likes on 458 Posts

Here's maybe an interesting question. I'm heading to Palm Springs where the avg temp is 104 in June. Along the way, there's a 20 mile stretch where cars can have their front end covered with smashed insects. If you don't clean them off that night, they'll get baked onto the car the next day. Any suggestions?
I'm going to be trying THIS soon, just for that very reason.
Old 05-20-13, 06:19 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Ordered a gallon of ooc concentrate and the wolfs. Thanks for recommending. Here's maybe an interesting question. I'm heading to Palm Springs where the avg temp is 104 in June. Along the way, there's a 20 mile stretch where cars can have their front end covered with smashed insects. If you don't clean them off that night, they'll get baked onto the car the next day. Any suggestions? One person said he covered his front end with ivory dish soap before driving through the bugs and was able to hose it off. I suppose soap won't hurt anything
i'm driving to ATL this week and i'm taking a bottle of OPC (optimum power clean) for the murdered bugs. as soon as i get to my destination, i'm going to let the car cool off and then spray all infected() areas and hose off. it's either that or cover the whole front of the car in painters tape.
Old 05-20-13, 08:45 AM
larryinWA
Pole Position

maybe i'll try both. put the soap on when we're near the buggy area, but have some opc in the trunk in case it's necessary. what other supplies do you take for a long road trip? when you go for service, do you let the dealer wash your car or tell them no? i just went for the 1,000 mile check and let them do it, since they hand wash, but they didn't dry it well, so i had some water streaks.
Old 05-20-13, 10:56 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

maybe i'll try both. put the soap on when we're near the buggy area, but have some opc in the trunk in case it's necessary. what other supplies do you take for a long road trip? when you go for service, do you let the dealer wash your car or tell them no? i just went for the 1,000 mile check and let them do it, since they hand wash, but they didn't dry it well, so i had some water streaks.
always say "hell no" to a dealer wash. have them make a note that when you come in for service or whatever... "do not wash this car". their should be a stickie on here with pics of dealer washes and the damage they cause. a light bulb just lit up over my head... this is a 22PLE thread that Bigblack started and it's going all over the place... my bad. i got caught up.
Old 05-20-13, 11:29 AM
larryinWA
Pole Position

It's leading to 22ple. i bought enough for my car & my wife's car and plan to apply it soon, before the trip to CA. i need to expand my knowledge base before i to the 22ple. I did sidetrack for a while, though. Since we've sidetracked, ,though, what cigars does everyone enjoy after a long day of claying and polishing, in preparation for applying the 22ple? how about an Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva?

Last edited by larryinWA; 05-20-13 at 11:44 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 22ple vx1 pro glass coating