GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Chromeless Nebula Gray F sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-13, 09:48 AM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default That last little touch

Got this done yesterday! Just rattle canned but looks very nice for a quarter of the price
Attached Thumbnails Chromeless Nebula Gray F sport-img_0896.jpg   Chromeless Nebula Gray F sport-img_0899.jpg  
Old 06-27-13, 09:58 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I tried to like the black out of th echrome but .. DAMN! the final product is beautiful! You did the F-Sport proud!!

I love it!
Old 06-28-13, 11:55 AM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
I tried to like the black out of th echrome but .. DAMN! the final product is beautiful! You did the F-Sport proud!!

I love it!
Much appreciated!
Old 06-29-13, 05:34 PM
mikec78
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jvjr9902
Very nice outcome there, now im thinking of doing blackout too on my nebula. But thinking of vinyl wrapping it. What do you think?
I vinyl wrapped mine and it came out great...IMHO (tis way if I sell the car in the future I can just take it off and put back to stock (minus the front which I had painted):
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-fsport-4.html
Old 06-29-13, 05:36 PM
mikec78
Driver

Originally Posted by GSthe4th
Rims: Vossen CV5 20 x 9 (+38) and 20 x 10.5 (+45)
Tires: Vredestein Ultrac Vorti 245/35/20 and 275/30/20
No rubbing with 2 people in car on left or right U-turns or when getting in or out of driveway, an lowered on RSR super downs. It is tucked for springs, so there is a good potential to rub (see pics). I always drive in sport + though

After the long process of rim shopping, the choice was the CV5. I looked at every 5 spoke out there and this one not not only had the best design for my taste but it allowed for me to color match, which will not happen anymore. The plan was to color match the machined portions to the nebula gray car color, subtle and probably only noticed when up close, but unique. My paint guy told me the machined finish would be easier to work with (because I wanted to order the matte graphite which I thought I might actually like and save $500) so I ordered them. Yesterday he tried to mask it off and discovered that the bends between the spokes pealed and he would not be able to spray the machined portion up to his standards because he would get overspray on the matte graphite section I wasnt down with that. So we went back to the drawing board, considered vinyl wrapping them, but ultimately I decided to leave the rims as is (on the bright side I guess factory warranty is still alive and well). I wanted to keep with the stealth look and keep the rims "dark" as well, but I am actually really happy and the finish of the rims has grown on me already. Especially after seeing the car in motion. Enough of my cars life story.

I just want to thank Saint's Motorsports out here in Central Cali. I have brainstormed with the owner since last December, and he is a class act. Also, thanks to GetYourWheels.com for their awesome pricing and solid service. Even having to pay sales tax, they offered the best pricing.
Looks AWESOME...I have to check out getyourwheels.com now...
Old 07-01-13, 12:47 PM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mikec78
Looks AWESOME...I have to check out getyourwheels.com now...
I recommend you do! All the time I have spent on the site and I have never come across your car, how is that even possible? Love the look of your car as well!
Old 07-15-13, 08:13 AM
jalcom
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GSthe4th
I recommend you do! All the time I have spent on the site and I have never come across your car, how is that even possible? Love the look of your car as well!
Very nicely done.

Both yours and mikec78's cars are serving as inspiration for me. I'm trying to decide between a 4GS or 3IS...
Old 07-15-13, 09:52 PM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jalcom
Very nicely done.

Both yours and mikec78's cars are serving as inspiration for me. I'm trying to decide between a 4GS or 3IS...
That's nice to hear, thank you, and glad we could help. That's what this site was for me as well. I think that decision is a tough one, especially if you have a family to haul around. Good luck making the decision, either one will be a stellar addition.
Old 07-16-13, 12:26 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I like what you did to that "bottom light". It puts the focus back onto the "top lights" and it looks much better without extra lights.

btw, does the bottom light come on or did you unplug the bulbs?
Old 07-16-13, 06:13 PM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sam430
I like what you did to that "bottom light". It puts the focus back onto the "top lights" and it looks much better without extra lights.

btw, does the bottom light come on or did you unplug the bulbs?
Thanks Sam, and if I remember correctly it is simply a reflector? Correct me if I am wrong please. But I agree with your comments, the goal was to make it blend as best we could and focus the attention on the smoked tails!
Old 05-03-14, 11:40 AM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

It was our 2 year anniversary at the end of March, and we celebrated with a full detail. I still love it as much as I did on day 1. Hope everyone still loves their GS as well!

I especially love driving by Audi, BMW and MB (all next to one another) on my way to Lexus.
Attached Thumbnails Chromeless Nebula Gray F sport-img_1793.jpg   Chromeless Nebula Gray F sport-img_1794.jpg   Chromeless Nebula Gray F sport-img_1795.jpg   Chromeless Nebula Gray F sport-img_1796.jpg   Chromeless Nebula Gray F sport-img_1797.jpg  

Old 05-04-14, 07:42 AM
Kayman
Driver

Can I ask where you purchased the F Sport logos for your rotors? Looks awesome all around and it is a nice touch I wish to add to mine too now
Old 05-05-14, 10:09 PM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kayman
Can I ask where you purchased the F Sport logos for your rotors? Looks awesome all around and it is a nice touch I wish to add to mine too now
I just PM'd you!
Old 05-06-14, 05:57 AM
FuzedOne
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey GSthe4th where did you get your f-sport logo for the calipers? Or is it custom made?
Old 05-06-14, 06:32 AM
G-SharK
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FuzedOne
Hey GSthe4th where did you get your f-sport logo for the calipers? Or is it custom made?
You can get them here, they fit perfect. That's where I purchase mine.

http://www.motogfx.com/lexus/

Quick Reply: Chromeless Nebula Gray F sport