GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Anyone got a good lease on a GS 350 during March's "Command Performance Sales Event"?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-14, 01:37 PM
EchoDelta
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone got a good lease on a GS 350 during March's "Command Performance Sales Event"?

Greetings all!

Awesome site by the way and a great way to give the power back to us consumers.

I was wondering if anyone had recently leased a 2014 GS F Sport AWD this month (March 2014)? We've been to two Lexus dealerships in northern NJ and one in PA. The best offer we had on a 2014 GS 350 AWD F Sport with a total MSRP of $59,818 was around $575/mo.

$575/mo for 12k miles a year. The one NJ dealership did not want to give up these cars at around $52-$55k. The money factor was pretty good at 0.00035*2400 = 0.84. They didn't even discuss the residual. All inception fees were factored in the total cap cost and we wanted $0 out of pocket except for tags & registration. Sales manager stated that they cannot yet give up these cars at the numbers we brought to the table.

Anyway, if you're willing, do please share the numbers that you were given. We're trying to replicate some of the lease numbers we found on this site, but to no avail. We're going to try again on the last week of this month and probably even up until the 31st. I'll let you guys know how it went. Talk to ya'll soon.
Old 03-19-14, 06:23 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Keep in mind alot of the numbers for deals are localized. California people pay next to nothing for leases and regularly pay invoice plus tax. It also varies by dealership. Keep hunting, maybe spread your search out to more PA dealerships (says you're in PA), the bigger the more likely they will want to move inventory. Hit them the last week of the month, when they're getting their end of month (and end of quarter) numbers sewn up and will practically give it to you to make numbers.

Also there's the old game of playing one dealer against another, which I used to my advantage. Get a paper quote with all the numbers, fax it to the other dealer telling them to beat it, back and forth until you're satisfied or they're tired of you.
Old 03-19-14, 11:12 PM
vermont
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a very good money factor. My dealer is giving me .00065. My offer was $595 15,000 miles. zero down. F-sport Msrp $59,292. I forget all the other number. But I didn't get the car a I really wanted the Luxury package,
Old 03-20-14, 06:22 AM
waynedog
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

I got the same offer ($577/mo, 27 months, 12k/yr, $0 down) in Atlanta last week.
Old 03-20-14, 07:38 AM
EchoDelta
Driver School Candidate

Hmmm...my sales person asked me if he can call me back after April 1st to let me know if he'd gotten deals with the numbers we were giving him. Better offers then? New quarter for Toyota/Lexus? Probably cuz it's a new month and a whole new game from that point.

.00065 * 2400 = 1.56 APR is pretty good too!

We're going to try again this coming last week. I'll let you guys know what happened.
Old 03-20-14, 09:34 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

MSRP of $59,818 seems to be the number for a lot of cars listed in East coast dealers inventory. Is the monthly including the sales tax?
Old 03-20-14, 10:11 AM
Needsdecaf
Rookie

Leasing a 2014 FSport with Nav, parking assist, blind spot and the cargo net package. MSRP just under $58k. Leasing for $590/month 3 years, 15k per, nothing down and including tax (TX).
Old 03-20-14, 11:00 AM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Leasing a 2014 FSport with Nav, parking assist, blind spot and the cargo net package. MSRP just under $58k. Leasing for $590/month 3 years, 15k per, nothing down and including tax (TX).
Hey!!!! Welcome to Lexus! I was a previous owner of a 2011 BMW 535i and I sold it for the gs fsport 2 years ago and im still very happy with the GS. I couldn't stand the bmw ride and sloppy handling etc. Wandering was also a problem . I remember talking to you alot on bimmerfest.
Old 03-20-14, 11:20 AM
EchoDelta
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SC300Es
MSRP of $59,818 seems to be the number for a lot of cars listed in East coast dealers inventory. Is the monthly including the sales tax?
Some people on this site, in the east coast, are getting low $500s w/ tax I believe. Then again it wasn't during this month's "Performance..." deal. Those numbers got me scratching my head also. Is it do-able? Yes, cuz people from the east coast have done it. The thing is the people that have gotten those low $500s probably went to those dealerships at a great time. Right now they are just not giving away their cars at Cap Cost of $55k and under...I'm guessing cuz of the March deal that's going on. People are buying it at $59k plus so need for the dealerships to give it away for anything less. The ads are bringing the customers to the dealerships and their sales people are up-selling the customers to $59k plus and leases at or around $575 plus.

One dealer (sales manager) in norther NJ when we gave him our numbers:

Cap Cost: $54,200
Residual: 73%
MF: .00035 (84% APR)
Lease: $500+ , no greater than $550
Out of pocket expenses: no less than $748 (tags & registration)

told us that he was not willing to let the car go under $56k..."not now" he says and especially since he only had one GS 350 AWD F Sport Obsidian/Cabernet ($59,818.00 MSRP).

We'll give it another go at the last week of this month and even till the last day. If not we're willing to try after April 1st as my sales person asked if he can call me at that time. I'll let you guys know the quotes I'm getting this coming week when we go ahead and reach out to other NJ dealerships as well as some PA ones. Keep fighting the good fight peepz!
Old 03-20-14, 02:57 PM
Needsdecaf
Rookie

Originally Posted by Rexus300
Hey!!!! Welcome to Lexus! I was a previous owner of a 2011 BMW 535i and I sold it for the gs fsport 2 years ago and im still very happy with the GS. I couldn't stand the bmw ride and sloppy handling etc. Wandering was also a problem . I remember talking to you alot on bimmerfest.
Haha, easy to remember handle = no anonyminity. What was your handle there?

And thanks, looking forward to it. Lot of things I will miss about my 5 series. iDrive looks like it kills Remote Touch, but we shall see. But I am excited about the drive, especially with the 8 speed tranny!
Old 03-20-14, 05:13 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Haha, easy to remember handle = no anonyminity. What was your handle there?

And thanks, looking forward to it. Lot of things I will miss about my 5 series. iDrive looks like it kills Remote Touch, but we shall see. But I am excited about the drive, especially with the 8 speed tranny!
baloo588 is my username over there. You will love this car. I do not miss anything about my 5. I find the remote touch so much superior then the idrive. I can control things faster and seamlessly without too many submenus and the graphics are much more advance. I still get a lot of stares and comments on how great this car is. Never got much with the 5 in the first few months... i love how my GS handles the corners and stays straight on the highway. I like the way its more reactive then passive. Steering is more direct rather then numb. I do wish i had 8 speed vs the 6 speed since I have AWD but to be honest it shifts smooth as silk without that jerking feel of the BMW transmission.
Old 03-20-14, 05:23 PM
cbeck44
Driver School Candidate

Needsdecaf - I also remember you over at the F10 boards, small world (Ksoze). When you detailed your deal above, how does Texas handle taxes - I thought it was charged on selling price up front as opposed to adde to each payment. Is your payment listed assuming that?
Old 03-20-14, 06:32 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Interesting to see the BMW folks here. I have a 550 that is my car, the new GS is my wife's, but I have driven it several times now. I'll write up a comparison thread soon.

These are great lease deals. I leased a 2010 GS for 3 years/45,000 miles at $725 or so a month with no money down and that was a great deal then on a $51,000 car. Amazing the difference 4 years later.
Old 03-20-14, 06:42 PM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

has anybody leased in socal under this months command/performance program? i'm looking at getting into a gs350 rwd fsport and wanted to see what dealership had a good deal with a sales person I could contact directly. thanks in advance!
Old 03-20-14, 07:22 PM
Needsdecaf
Rookie

Originally Posted by cbeck44
Needsdecaf - I also remember you over at the F10 boards, small world (Ksoze). When you detailed your deal above, how does Texas handle taxes - I thought it was charged on selling price up front as opposed to adde to each payment. Is your payment listed assuming that?
They do charge you taxes on the entire purchase price! Totally sucks. You don't have to pay up front, you can put it on the payment, but my goal was to cash out my trade and get it all back, absolutely nothing out of pocket. So my payment includes a good amount of tax.

Howdy!

Quick Reply: Anyone got a good lease on a GS 350 during March's "Command Performance Sales Event"?