Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Fourth Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Funny admiration story

Old 04-28-13, 09:02 PM   #1
dseag2
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

Default Funny admiration story

It's been a while since anyone posted one of these stories, so I though it was time. I drove into Home Depot garden center the other day to pick up some mulch. At this store, you drive through the back, have the mulch loaded into your trunk and go pay the outside cashier. When I drove up, the female cashier said, "I'll give you the mulch for free". (Wait for it.) "If you give me your car." Her male counterpart said "The Sport model is really nice" and asked me if I liked it. Pretty soon they were checking out the inside as well.

I told her I couldn't negotiate the deal because I would no longer have anything with which to transport mulch.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

dseag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-13, 09:11 PM   #2
larryinWA
Pole Position

Next time, get a picture of the checking out the car
larryinWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-13, 09:14 PM   #3
yardie876
Lexus Champion

yardie7326

Nice. I had a lady compliment me on my car the other day with a chicken bone she was eating hanging out of her mouth. I was at a loss of words lol.
Joe Z Cat Back Exhaust
yardie876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-13, 09:15 PM   #4
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinWA View Post
Next time, get a picture of the checking out the car
That would have been great, but I don't take pictures of everything because I prefer to be "in the moment", not with my face stuck in my iPhone.

Old 04-28-13, 09:29 PM   #5
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

sydtoosic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dseag2 View Post
It's been a while since anyone posted one of these stories, so I though it was time. I drove into Home Depot garden center the other day to pick up some mulch. At this store, you drive through the back, have the mulch loaded into your trunk and go pay the outside cashier. When I drove up, the female cashier said, "I'll give you the mulch for free". (Wait for it.) "If you give me your car." Her male counterpart said "The Sport model is really nice" and asked me if I liked it. Pretty soon they were checking out the inside as well.

I told her I couldn't negotiate the deal because I would no longer have anything with which to transport mulch.
did you get the mulch ?... i just found out today that my neighbor did not know which model my GS was . idiot drove past me yesterday then stopped and backed up, got out of his car and asked me if this was the new GS . i just looked at him for 10 seconds (a slow 10 seconds) then told him yes. he went around the back to look but i debadged the LS... so he says this is a nice GS. i just laughed.
Old 04-29-13, 09:19 AM   #6
bigblack06
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydtoosic View Post
did you get the mulch ?... i just found out today that my neighbor did not know which model my GS was . idiot drove past me yesterday then stopped and backed up, got out of his car and asked me if this was the new GS . i just looked at him for 10 seconds (a slow 10 seconds) then told him yes. he went around the back to look but i debadged the LS... so he says this is a nice GS. i just laughed.
Those people make me laugh! I've only gotten the looks and the pointing fingers. Really needed my car lowered though!

"It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road."-George Globel
2014 Lexus GS 350 F-Sport/Heated Steering/Blind Spot Monitor/Rear Traffic/30%Tint/Vinyl Wrap/Philips U 6K/J5 Coilovers/Rays GramLight 57FXX Wheels/Meisterschaft Exhaust/Invidia Mid Pipe/Lexon Front and Side Skirt/More To Come

Lexus GS 450h 2007 SOLD http://www.clublexus.com/forums/memb...450h-9909.html
bigblack06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-13, 09:47 AM   #7
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Quote:
Wasn't your GS black...i think your "GS" is the MJ of cars
Old 04-29-13, 10:34 AM   #8
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
So, if I understand you correctly, someone went out of their way to pay you a compliment and your reaction was to try to make them feel bad and then denegrate them here...and this person is your neighbor???!!!

Previous Rides: `94 SC400 (Sold); `99 GS300 (Sold); `02 SC430 (Sold); `04 SC430 (Sold); `05.5 A4 2.0T Q (Sold); `05 645Cic (Sold); `06 S4 (Sold); `07 650i (Sold); `08 M6 (Sold); `08 135i; `11 750ix MSport
Current Rides:
`11 Panamera 4S
`12 Mini CooperS convertible
`13 Carrera 4
LeslieRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-13, 02:58 PM   #9
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:

Cool story. I don't think I would use mine to transport mulch though. Mine still smells like leather.

Some months ago, I just pulled into a spot at the local convenience store and right next to me a guy in a red Ford pulled in. A third vehicle pulled in at around the same time. All three of us got out of our vehicles and began to make our way into the store when the driver of the third car pointed at our two red cars right next to each other and said: "Wow, your cars look like twins!"

The driver of the red Ford replied, "Ummm, no. Not twins." He pointed at my red Lexus and added, "He has an 'L' on his car...I have an 'F' on mine. We all LOLed at that one.

Pretty funny reply by the owner of the Ford. Kind of humbling for me.
Vasili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-13, 04:39 PM   #10
ECL
Lead Lap

I had my first compliment today. The car is a year old. A stranger walked to me in a hotel parking lot and said, " Nice car!" I said, "Thank you".
ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-13, 05:29 PM   #11
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

sydtoosic

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead85 View Post
Wasn't your GS black...i think your "GS" is the MJ of cars
yes my GS was Obsidian, MJ, as in Michael Jordan or Michael Jackson ? i'd prefer Michael Jordan .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieRC View Post
So, if I understand you correctly, someone went out of their way to pay you a compliment and your reaction was to try to make them feel bad and then denegrate them here...and this person is your neighbor???!!!
my bad, i should have clarified better. it wasn't my neighbor, it was a random person that i'd never seen before. he did not feel bad after our brief convo. he really thought the car he was looking at was a GS. he left and got back into his car with a smile .
Old 04-29-13, 09:30 PM   #12
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasili View Post
Cool story. I don't think I would use mine to transport mulch though. Mine still smells like leather.

Some months ago, I just pulled into a spot at the local convenience store and right next to me a guy in a red Ford pulled in. A third vehicle pulled in at around the same time. All three of us got out of our vehicles and began to make our way into the store when the driver of the third car pointed at our two red cars right next to each other and said: "Wow, your cars look like twins!"

The driver of the red Ford replied, "Ummm, no. Not twins." He pointed at my red Lexus and added, "He has an 'L' on his car...I have an 'F' on mine. We all LOLed at that one.

Pretty funny reply by the owner of the Ford. Kind of humbling for me.
The mulch goes in the trunk, not on the seat.

Old 04-29-13, 09:55 PM   #13
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
The mulch goes in the trunk, not on the seat.
Yes! That's a relief.
Vasili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 07:41 AM   #14
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
my bad, i should have clarified better. it wasn't my neighbor, it was a random person that i'd never seen before. he did not feel bad after our brief convo. he really thought the car he was looking at was a GS. he left and got back into his car with a smile .
Cool! To me, these days when people are mostly like islands unto themselves, very few things are better, or more sincere and welcome, than receiving an unsolicited compliment. In this sense, it's of no importance that the admirer could not distinguish your LS from a GS...to them, they liked your car and it presented an opportunity to share and inform. I had a similar experience with my `11 MSport 750i xDrive when I was assisting a friend close on their beach house...the realtor complimented me on my 5 Series! I thanked them and acknowledged how easy it was to confuse a 5 Series with a 7 Series unless one knew what to look for. We then began a discussion about cars, went to lunch, and during which solved my friend's concern about leaving the house vacant for 9 months each year while she resided in Paris...the outcome was that the realtor would check on it monthly. So, I feel like a simple compliment in this instance led to mutual respect and a good acquaintance. You can never know who that person approaching with a kind word might be and how they might be of some indirect/direct assistance.

Previous Rides: `94 SC400 (Sold); `99 GS300 (Sold); `02 SC430 (Sold); `04 SC430 (Sold); `05.5 A4 2.0T Q (Sold); `05 645Cic (Sold); `06 S4 (Sold); `07 650i (Sold); `08 M6 (Sold); `08 135i; `11 750ix MSport
Current Rides:
`11 Panamera 4S
`12 Mini CooperS convertible
`13 Carrera 4
LeslieRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 12:46 PM   #15
jucytec
Rookie

was she hot? that is the real question.
jucytec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 12:46 PM