Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Fourth Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Incentive questions

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-13, 03:04 PM   #1
teejs
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 32
Default Incentive questions

1. Has anyone gotten the $1000 "Customer Bonus Cash"? (http://www.edmunds.com/lexus/gs-350/...er_rebates_irr I don't see any details for it on the Lexus site, just on Edmunds.
2. Pretty sure that the loyalty discount doesn't apply if you own a Toyota, but can someone confirm this?
3. Conquest discount doesn't include Minis, does it? I know its not in the same league, but I remember Audi's conquest program included current Mini owners.

Thanks!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
teejs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-13, 03:28 PM   #2
hypnotika
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
hypnotika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejs View Post
1. Has anyone gotten the $1000 "Customer Bonus Cash"? (http://www.edmunds.com/lexus/gs-350/...er_rebates_irr I don't see any details for it on the Lexus site, just on Edmunds.
2. Pretty sure that the loyalty discount doesn't apply if you own a Toyota, but can someone confirm this?
3. Conquest discount doesn't include Minis, does it? I know its not in the same league, but I remember Audi's conquest program included current Mini owners.

Thanks!
The incentives are similar to those offered in December.

1.) Yes, this may be given at the dealer's discretion. It looks like a rebate form that the dealer helps you fill out when you purchase.
2.) It only applies to a Lexus owned by someone in the same household.
3.) I don't recall Mini on the list. Audi, Infiniti, BMW, Mercedes for sure.
__________________
2013 GS 350 F-Sport
hypnotika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-13, 04:20 PM   #3
LexusVet
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 209
Default

just got off the phone with a dealership asking about the incentive

its $1000 if purchasing, $1500 if leasing
it excludes Toyota has to be lexus
does not include mini's
Car has to be financed through lexus financial
LexusVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-13, 04:29 PM   #4
teejs
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 32
Default

Thank you both! so looks like the only additional discount I can get if financing is the $1000, and if I get the car by end of this month (not likely). The other one I was looking at was the Grad student discount (finishing up part-time MBA), but even that one looks like cannot be applied towards the GS...sheesh!
teejs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-13, 04:40 PM   #5
LexusVet
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 209
Default

yup going through the same thing was trying to purchase before Monday but just spoke to the sales manager and was a d-bag so don't think its going to happen
LexusVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-13, 05:14 PM   #6
teejs
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 32
Default

Anyone know if I can immediately refinance with some other bank/credit union after going through LFS to get the discount?
teejs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-13, 05:15 PM   #7
teejs
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusVet View Post
yup going through the same thing was trying to purchase before Monday but just spoke to the sales manager and was a d-bag so don't think its going to happen
You mean you don't think you can get the car before Monday? What happened?
teejs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-13, 05:27 PM   #8
williakz
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AL
Posts: 744
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejs View Post
Anyone know if I can immediately refinance with some other bank/credit union after going through LFS to get the discount?
Yup! LFS has no problem with that, but check with your "other" bank; sometimes they have different rates for "new" versus "refi" transactions.
williakz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-13, 05:41 PM   #9
teejs
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by williakz View Post
Yup! LFS has no problem with that, but check with your "other" bank; sometimes they have different rates for "new" versus "refi" transactions.
Excellent! Yes I have an email out to my credit union about this. For new loans, I can get 1.5% for 36 months, but this rate expires end of the month.
teejs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-13, 05:59 PM   #10
williakz
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AL
Posts: 744
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejs View Post
Excellent! Yes I have an email out to my credit union about this. For new loans, I can get 1.5% for 36 months, but this rate expires end of the month.
Push them hard. They tend to be willing to go the extra mile to bring in new business. Explain you are FORCED to use LFS to knock down the purchase price, but you will be a life-long customer if only they will go 0.99% on the refi. The worst they can do is say "no."

P.S. DON"T EMAIL! Either talk to a loan officer on the phone or, even better, make an appointment and go down there and do business one-on-one. Email is great for separating the wheat from the chaff, but to seal the deal, you MUST engage personally with a real human being. Always been that way, always will be ...

Last edited by williakz; 03-27-13 at 06:41 PM..
williakz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-13, 07:11 PM   #11
LexusVet
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejs View Post
You mean you don't think you can get the car before Monday? What happened?
I was ready to leave a deposit the price was fair but I wanted the lux wheels swapped out for f sport wheels and the sales manager quoted me an outrageous price to switch them so no deal
LexusVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-13, 12:06 AM   #12
teejs
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by williakz View Post
Push them hard. They tend to be willing to go the extra mile to bring in new business. Explain you are FORCED to use LFS to knock down the purchase price, but you will be a life-long customer if only they will go 0.99% on the refi. The worst they can do is say "no."

P.S. DON"T EMAIL! Either talk to a loan officer on the phone or, even better, make an appointment and go down there and do business one-on-one. Email is great for separating the wheat from the chaff, but to seal the deal, you MUST engage personally with a real human being. Always been that way, always will be ...
Ya, I actually emailed the rep who comes to our office every Monday and Tuesday to discuss banking/financing items in person with our company folks (the company employees get an extra .25% off, which is the 1.5% rate for 36 months, instead of 1.75%). I will discuss it with him in person.
teejs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-13, 05:52 AM   #13
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)
 
Joeb427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,144
Default

https://www.penfed.org/New-Auto-Loan/

1.74% up to 60 months
__________________

'13 GS 350 AWD Starfire Pearl/Black
Luxury&Cold Pkg,BSM,LED Fogs,Puddles,Door Panels,Trunk,Reverse
'15 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring w/Tech AWD Crystal White Pearl Mica/Black

Joeb427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-13, 08:48 AM   #14
williakz
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AL
Posts: 744
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejs View Post
...the rep who comes to our office every Monday and Tuesday...I will discuss it with him in person.
Make sure you contact a few other credit unions and check out their rates for NEW customers. Then, ask your guy to match (or better) the best rate you find. Make him justify charging a long-time LOYAL customer (with employees!) more than some random CU will charge a complete stranger. Push him hard! Good luck and good for you on the one-on-one. Makes it hard for the other party to brush you off.
williakz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-13, 12:25 PM   #15
430Chuck
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: fl
Posts: 11
Default

I'm working on a lease deal right now in south Floirda at JM Lexus for a 2013 gs350 F Sport, and they are offering me $1,500 customer loyalty (lease cash) and also the first months payment waiver up to $850.
As of yesterday the lease deal being offered on a F sport 36 month lease is,
10K miles per year ,36 months, 59% residual
12K miles per year, 36 months, 58% residual
15k miles per year, 36 months, 56% residual
Money factor of .00070 for tier 1+ credit, which is 1.68% interest, which is an incredibly low rate.
If anyone is looking for a lease in south Floirda I would recommend calling the internet sales mgr at JM direct and dont even waste your time with a sales person. The internet sales mgr is awesome, will give you all the information you need up front, the sales people just give you the run around.
430Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-13, 12:25 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sewell got all the LED fog parts! mshmsh GS - Fourth Generation 10 10-10-13 12:32 PM
Edmunds selling long term tester: Shocked by lowball Carmax offer NewSpace GS - Fourth Generation 25 09-07-13 12:30 PM
Lexus, BMW and Mercedes battle for sales crown LexPaul Car Chat 10 08-21-12 07:59 AM
Lexus GS350 F sport blazes through slalom at 69.7 mph LexFather GS - Fourth Generation 31 12-07-11 04:22 PM
June 2011 Auto Sales Thread GS69 Car Chat 62 07-23-11 11:27 PM


Tags
2013, 350, credit, discount, financial, great, gs, incentives, lakes, lexus, make, month, payment, rebates, rumors, rx, sport, union

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:08 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info