GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Smart Card Working?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-13, 09:15 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by mshmsh
Please let us know. and start new thread when you find a way for us to buy this damn key LOL
Yep, as of right now it keeps getting cancelled. He's still trying as he thinks they are trying to make new ones, will keep you all posted and create a new thread.
Old 07-29-13, 06:24 PM
MoizV
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump! Any update on the smart card? Still wanna get one!

Mo
Old 07-29-13, 07:44 PM
StonedCL
Driver School Candidate

I also want one and when I went to my lexus dealer and asked the service adviser he said it was just in Japan..
Old 07-29-13, 08:00 PM
MoizV
Rookie

Just emailed Sewell... Lets see what they say...

Mo
Old 07-30-13, 06:21 AM
bigblack06

Update: My parts guy keeps trying with no luck, he can't order it, I doubt Sewell may have an answer but I really want this badly now.
Old 07-30-13, 08:35 AM
nyjklein
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Update: My parts guy keeps trying with no luck, he can't order it, I doubt Sewell may have an answer but I really want this badly now.
This is really frustrating. I had this for my 3rd G GS and I can't overstate the convenience. Just kept it in my wallet. No need to lug that huge key fob around everywhere I go.

I've tried to order it through Sewell a couple of times and have been told it's not available for the 4GS.

Jeff
Old 07-30-13, 08:42 AM
MoizV
Rookie

Originally Posted by nyjklein
This is really frustrating. I had this for my 3rd G GS and I can't overstate the convenience. Just kept it in my wallet. No need to lug that huge key fob around everywhere I go.

I've tried to order it through Sewell a couple of times and have been told it's not available for the 4GS.

Jeff
Moiz – for when the 2013 GS Smart card was available, it was not compatible with the F-Sport package.

Sewell Parts Team
Dallas, TX 75209
sewellparts.com
lexusparts@sewell.com
Find us on Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Overstock and Closeouts
Sewell.com
Old 07-30-13, 08:58 AM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by MoizV
Moiz – for when the 2013 GS Smart card was available, it was not compatible with the F-Sport package.

Sewell Parts Team
Dallas, TX 75209
sewellparts.com
lexusparts@sewell.com
Overstock and Closeouts
Sewell.com
Yeah but it can't be ordered at all, and someone has an F-Sport and got it installed I thought. I just want to get one. Have been trying since I had my 3GS and it wasn't compatible with my Hybrid GS now I got this car and they are saying the same thing.
Old 07-30-13, 09:01 AM
MoizV
Rookie

Sewell Parts Team
Dallas, TX 75209
sewellparts.com
lexusparts@sewell.com
Overstock and Closeouts
Sewell.com
So I asked how its possible other owners of an F-Sport have the key... This was their reply...

"...then it's hearsay. You'll need to provide us information to prove otherwise. In our test cases, we were unsuccessful in our attempts to program the Smart Card to GS models factory equipped with the F-Sport package."

So... Does anyone with an F-Sport have a key card currently in use?

Mo
Old 07-30-13, 10:35 AM
mshmsh
Driver

I checked the GS in UAE country and found out that the car comes with credit card key as standard in the F sport. and also I found a new key for sale in eBay for $90 and I asked the seller but he said it's not compatible with the F sport in US! only Korea. I also found out that the GS F sport I saw in UAE has AUTO close trunk and manual sun shade on the rear doors. here Im talking about the F sport in UAE only. However, the price tag on that vehicle is $73,000
Old 07-30-13, 09:12 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Now I'm curios to know why f sport is different.
Old 07-31-13, 07:32 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

That just doesn't make any sense. Why would what is basically an appearance and trim package with different wheels make it so that the credit card key doesn't work?!?!
Old 08-05-13, 10:13 AM
kydoshin
Driver School Candidate

So I asked how its possible other owners of an F-Sport have the key... This was their reply...

"...then it's hearsay. You'll need to provide us information to prove otherwise. In our test cases, we were unsuccessful in our attempts to program the Smart Card to GS models factory equipped with the F-Sport package."

So... Does anyone with an F-Sport have a key card currently in use?

Mo
I'm currently using the smart card key with my F-Sport. BUT with the info I provided, some members on the forum were not able to obtain the card. I not sure how my Lexus dealer got the order in and programmed it to work.

NOTE: About a month ago, I called Lexus for a few parts and when I provided my VIN #...they said that the computer shows the car is a Hybrid F-sport. *shrugs*

Maybe that's how the dealer got it to work?
Old 08-05-13, 07:15 PM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by kydoshin
I'm currently using the smart card key with my F-Sport. BUT with the info I provided, some members on the forum were not able to obtain the card. I not sure how my Lexus dealer got the order in and programmed it to work.

NOTE: About a month ago, I called Lexus for a few parts and when I provided my VIN #...they said that the computer shows the car is a Hybrid F-sport. *shrugs*

Maybe that's how the dealer got it to work?
Well I will try that this time and see what happens.
Old 08-06-13, 08:01 AM
bigblack06

Ok so the guy in parts is gonna try to use a different vin# and see if it comes in if this is the case than that would be the fix for ordering this, I really hope it works.

Quick Reply: Smart Card Working?