GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Light Cleaning Flaxen Leather

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-13, 08:15 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SW10ES
I use a product called Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel, works great.

I ordered some Sonax Leather Foam I'm going to try, should be here today...

Here's a video of it in action:

Sonax Leather Foam DD - YouTube
i'm afraid to spray anything on perforated seats. i've been using Leather Masters Cleaner, i apply it to a MF towel and wipe.
Old 03-20-13, 10:20 PM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I don;t understand spending $60k on a car with beautiful leather seats and leaving a cover like that on all the time quite frankly. Its meant to be enjoyed. Yes it will wear over time, all things do.
A co-worker of mine finally figured out what Steve's talking about as he went about the task of getting his house ready for sale (he was building a new one.) After putting new hardware on all the doors, a fancy new faucet on the kitchen sink, and finally replacing his broken garage door opener with a brand new one, he said "WTF am I doing? I'm spending all this money so some guy I don't even know can enjoy himself in the future. And I could've spent the same money and brought that enjoyment to me and my family over the last 15 years! What an idiot I was. I won't make that mistake again." You have to live to learn...
Old 03-21-13, 04:29 AM
HUSKERnKS
Lead Lap

Received 108 Likes on 66 Posts

I don;t understand spending $60k on a car with beautiful leather seats and leaving a cover like that on all the time quite frankly. Its meant to be enjoyed. Yes it will wear over time, all things do.
+1000 to that. Plus they are ugly. Talk about ruining a great interior.
Old 03-21-13, 09:45 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
i'm afraid to spray anything on perforated seats. i've been using Leather Masters Cleaner, i apply it to a MF towel and wipe.
Its specifically designed the way it because of the perforated seats. Just did it on mine, no issue with the seat perforations.

I've also used Leather Masters Cleaner, this is a better product IMHO. The foaming nature of it does some of the cleaning work, I don't know that it would be as effective if you sprayed it on a towel first.

Originally Posted by willakz
A co-worker of mine finally figured out what Steve's talking about as he went about the task of getting his house ready for sale (he was building a new one.) After putting new hardware on all the doors, a fancy new faucet on the kitchen sink, and finally replacing his broken garage door opener with a brand new one, he said "WTF am I doing? I'm spending all this money so some guy I don't even know can enjoy himself in the future. And I could've spent the same money and brought that enjoyment to me and my family over the last 15 years! What an idiot I was. I won't make that mistake again." You have to live to learn...
I'm a real estate broker and this happens all the time. Everybody always puts off maintenance and upgrades until right before they sell, and then all of a sudden their house looks amazing right when they go to sell it, where they have been living there for 10,15+ years with projects half finished, etc.
Old 03-21-13, 11:59 AM
DaSyce
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Its specifically designed the way it because of the perforated seats. Just did it on mine, no issue with the seat perforations.

I've also used Leather Masters Cleaner, this is a better product IMHO. The foaming nature of it does some of the cleaning work, I don't know that it would be as effective if you sprayed it on a towel first.

I'm a real estate broker and this happens all the time. Everybody always puts off maintenance and upgrades until right before they sell, and then all of a sudden their house looks amazing right when they go to sell it, where they have been living there for 10,15+ years with projects half finished, etc.
Have you considered using Leather Masters in a hand pump foam bottle? Work great and provide a great dwell time and cleans up fine.

Followed by Leather Masters Protect in a fine mist sprayer.
Old 03-22-13, 07:21 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

I've used leather masters, but I actually like this Sonax Leather Foam more...