GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Vossen CV4 Polished but....

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-13, 10:54 AM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bnlexus
You have 18" on your F Sport? I'm asking because I do want to know how bigger wheels compared to 18. I thought F Sport comes with 19. I'm kind of used to the luxury feeling but do want a bigger set of wheels. IMO these are the best looking wheels on black GS I checked their website but don't see 19 and wonder if they will introduce in future.
I guess in Guam they don't get the 19 Fsport wheels! I remember him saying that in a previous thread.
Old 03-20-13, 11:06 AM
Outrage
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bnlexus
You have 18" on your F Sport? I'm asking because I do want to know how bigger wheels compared to 18. I thought F Sport comes with 19. I'm kind of used to the luxury feeling but do want a bigger set of wheels. IMO these are the best looking wheels on black GS I checked their website but don't see 19 and wonder if they will introduce in future.
The GS 350 F Sport comes with the USDM Luxury Package 18" split-nine-spoke alloy wheels in certain countries. So equipped, it looks like my L Sport:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/7358040-post10.html
Old 03-20-13, 07:42 PM
ChuH
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Alignment done. Camber out of spec as expected.

Install the new wheels and tires yesterday. Springs settled after more than 2 weeks. Alignment done this morning and following are the results.

Front Caster:
Driver: 8.2 deg. [within spec] Passenger: 8.4 deg. [within spec]

Front Camber:
Driver: -1.5 deg. [out of spec] Passenger: -0.9 deg. [within spec]

Front Toe:
Driver: 0.05 deg. [within spec] Passenger: 0.05 deg. [within spec]

Rear Toe:
Driver: 0.15 deg [within spec] Passenger: 0.15 deg. [within spec]

Total Toe: 0.10 deg. [within spec]
Thrust Angle: 0.0 deg. [within spec]

Rear Camber:
Driver: -2.6 deg. [out of spec] Passenger: -2.3 deg. [out of spec]
Old 03-20-13, 11:45 PM
terrycs
Instructor

Originally Posted by ChuH
Install the new wheels and tires yesterday. Springs settled after more than 2 weeks. Alignment done this morning and following are the results.

Front Caster:
Driver: 8.2 deg. [within spec] Passenger: 8.4 deg. [within spec]

Front Camber:
Driver: -1.5 deg. [out of spec] Passenger: -0.9 deg. [within spec]

Front Toe:
Driver: 0.05 deg. [within spec] Passenger: 0.05 deg. [within spec]

Rear Toe:
Driver: 0.15 deg [within spec] Passenger: 0.15 deg. [within spec]

Total Toe: 0.10 deg. [within spec]
Thrust Angle: 0.0 deg. [within spec]

Rear Camber:
Driver: -2.6 deg. [out of spec] Passenger: -2.3 deg. [out of spec]
Thanks for the data. Interesting that one side on the front came in and the other side didn't. So it would appear that a rear camber kit is a must for those that want to stay in spec and the front is hit or miss.
Old 03-21-13, 02:17 AM
ChuH
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bentleymp2
You, my friend, made all the right choices with your GS. Great drop. Great wheels. Love that you went with the silver, polished finish. Looks fantastic. Please post a video of the car in motion.

How are the headlights? Can you live with them?

Your car is very tastefully done. Very nice.
The second readjustment of the headlight height is better. The passenger needs to be readjusted more inward. Will do that on next service. Overall illumination distance has improved.
Old 03-21-13, 08:54 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

rims/drop look great! congrats.
Old 03-21-13, 01:43 PM
wanwiz
Driver School Candidate

Do you have details on how the dealer adjusted your headlights after you lowered the car with springs? Is this something that we need to have the dealer or Lexus only shop perform?
Old 03-21-13, 02:25 PM
ChuH
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by wanwiz
Do you have details on how the dealer adjusted your headlights after you lowered the car with springs? Is this something that we need to have the dealer or Lexus only shop perform?
Because no adjustment can be done at the rear height sensor the only option to fix the low headlight illumination was to adjust at the front light assembly. There are two adjustments holes at each assembly and you need a very long screw driver to access the adjustment screws through the holes. Anyone can access make the adjustments.
Old 03-21-13, 11:09 PM
Hyrepower
Driver School Candidate

I don't know how +32 would look but +38 looks flush to me. Rear looks like I could of used 285. Wish Vossen produce a 10" wide wheel instead of 10.5"

Happy with result. On one of the photo you will see my brothers ES300h with my 18" F-Sport wheels.
If you used a 285 would it rub in the rear?

it does look a little too stretched. You are right a 20x10 would look a little better with a 275 tire. I like a beefy look on the rear. Your car looks about as good as it gets, but to make it flawless I think a 285 with a few mm less offset would be perfect.
Old 03-21-13, 11:42 PM
ChuH
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hyrepower
If you used a 285 would it rub in the rear?

it does look a little too stretched. You are right a 20x10 would look a little better with a 275 tire. I like a beefy look on the rear. Your car looks about as good as it gets, but to make it flawless I think a 285 with a few mm less offset would be perfect.
Yup 275 on 10" would be perfect. If I have not installed RS-R Super Down springs I think I can put a 285. Both front and rear looks a bit stretched. I think the Michelin design sidewall to curve more toward the tread.

Need to find a solution to the excessive brake dust in the front. No one has a low dust brake pads yet for the RWD F-Sport 14" front brake. After 2 days the front has a coat of black dusts. Rear still looks clean. Need to wash the car more often.
Old 03-22-13, 12:44 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen
Wait till you see it... It will be amazing

Com'n... let's see it
Old 03-22-13, 10:28 AM
Hyrepower
Driver School Candidate

Yup 275 on 10" would be perfect. If I have not installed RS-R Super Down springs I think I can put a 285. Both front and rear looks a bit stretched. I think the Michelin design sidewall to curve more toward the tread.

Need to find a solution to the excessive brake dust in the front. No one has a low dust brake pads yet for the RWD F-Sport 14" front brake. After 2 days the front has a coat of black dusts. Rear still looks clean. Need to wash the car more often.
You are correct, Michelins do have a bit more a curved sidewall than a lot of other brands. Some of the beefier tires are BFG and Nitto. If you take a Michelin and compare it to a same sized Nitto or BFG, the Michelin will look a few mm narrower. I just think Michelin is a bit more conservative. But when you compare the performance and ride of Michelin to the others, Michelin is head and shoulders above the rest.
Old 03-24-13, 03:31 PM
ChuH
Lexus Test Driver

Default BEWARE: Minor Rubbing

Wash the car this weekend and notice ripples (very minor but can be felt) on the paint inside the fender edge at the passenger rear. I know they were not there before as I hand wash my fender well whenever I wash the car. My guess it is due to a sharp left U-turns I took a couple time last week. I believe it is due to the rear wheel steering, RS-R Super Down Springs and the wide rear wheels/tire didn't help. May consider changing my springs to a more conservative one such as F-Sport or RS-R Down Springs. Due to the rear camber not going to factory specs I believe I will have excessive inside wears to the expensive Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

Last edited by ChuH; 03-24-13 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-24-13, 08:00 PM
terrycs
Instructor

Wash the car this weekend and notice ripples (very minor but can be felt) on the paint inside the fender edge at the passenger rear. I know they were not there before as I hand wash my fender well whenever I wash the car. My guess it is due to a sharp left U-turns I took a couple time last week. I believe it is due to the rear wheel steering, RS-R Super Down Springs and the wide rear wheels/tire didn't help. May consider changing my springs to a more conservative one such as F-Sport or RS-R Down Springs. Due to the rear camber not going to factory specs I believe I will have excessive inside wears to the expensive Michelin Pilot Super Sports.
I thought the rear steer only moves up to 2 degrees and didn't think it would even be noticeable. Is it possible to photograph the area you mentioned?
Old 03-24-13, 09:32 PM
ChuH
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by terrycs
I thought the rear steer only moves up to 2 degrees and didn't think it would even be noticeable. Is it possible to photograph the area you mentioned?
Tried to get a better picture but my camera phone can't focus well closeup. Not much room to get a better angle unless I remove the wheel from the car. The ripple is very minor but can be felt and paint is still intact . I had a full tank of gas and two other people in the car and took a sharp left U-Turn. The rear steering is only thing I can think of that would cause it to rub.
Attached Thumbnails Vossen CV4 Polished but....-rubbing-1.jpg   Vossen CV4 Polished but....-rubbing-2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Vossen CV4 Polished but....