GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Calvin's Buildthread

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-13, 03:11 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

very nice Cal... tastefully done. i too, don't think you need a kit. although whatever you choose i''m sure will be equally amazing.
Old 05-11-13, 04:36 PM
hypnotika
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So what are the offsets?
Old 05-12-13, 12:35 AM
Maseroche
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No kit required IMHO! Great choice of wheels.
Old 05-13-13, 04:24 PM
calvinchan
Rookie

Thanks guys
I just feel like the front is missing like a lip or something >_<

Just called my buddies at SE to check my box it's +35 all around. Sorry if I confused a lot of other people.
Old 05-13-13, 04:43 PM
terrycs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

35 still kind of agressive in back on a 10.5" wheel. What are the tire sizes? Any rubbing in front or rear?
Old 05-13-13, 04:53 PM
calvinchan
Rookie

I'm actually only rubbing like VERY VERY VERY little in the rear, that's because I'm running a wide tire in the rear. I'm about to order new set of tires, had an extra set at home from my previous car so had those mounted to test how they fit.

Currently running, 245/30/20... 285/30/20. Front is fine no rubbing at all whatsoever, I did a partial shave in the rear and now I'm hardly even rubbing at all. Going to order 275 for the rear, should probably fix all the rubbing issues overall, I think I wouldn't even need to shave partially in the rear if I just went with 275 to begin with.

As of right now, I only rub with a full car.
Old 05-13-13, 06:23 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by calvinchan
I'm actually only rubbing like VERY VERY VERY little in the rear, that's because I'm running a wide tire in the rear. I'm about to order new set of tires, had an extra set at home from my previous car so had those mounted to test how they fit.

Currently running, 245/30/20... 285/30/20. Front is fine no rubbing at all whatsoever, I did a partial shave in the rear and now I'm hardly even rubbing at all. Going to order 275 for the rear, should probably fix all the rubbing issues overall, I think I wouldn't even need to shave partially in the rear if I just went with 275 to begin with.

As of right now, I only rub with a full car.
Beautiful rims!!

How do you like the ride with the RSR drop and 20 wheel/rim combo? Any trouble in and out of driveways? And what made you decide on a step lip versus reverse which might give you more lips in the front?

I think these wheels would look great on a black car too except I would go with +40 in the back so I can run 285.
Old 05-13-13, 06:26 PM
calvinchan
Rookie

TBH, I don't really notice any difference in ride quality with the drop and wheels. It actually feels about the same. Not really any trouble in and out of driveways or anything. Height is like perfect.
Although, maybe if I were to get a lip kit, then that may be a different story haha. Other than that I LOVE it.

Yeah I think these would look great on your car
Old 05-13-13, 08:02 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by calvinchan
TBH, I don't really notice any difference in ride quality with the drop and wheels. It actually feels about the same. Not really any trouble in and out of driveways or anything. Height is like perfect.
Although, maybe if I were to get a lip kit, then that may be a different story haha. Other than that I LOVE it.

Yeah I think these would look great on your car
I thought I was done with lowered cars and wheels until I saw your car LOL

And I've been going back and forth between step lip versus reverse. I wonder which one would look better on a black car. What do you think?
Old 05-13-13, 08:27 PM
calvinchan
Rookie

Originally Posted by mrpartsman
I saw those too, I was debating on it, but 9.5 fronts, rubbing issue?, I know with the 9" sometimes it rubs when u turn. but keep us posted , love to see it on the car.
Originally Posted by mso4
I thought I was done with lowered cars and wheels until I saw your car LOL

And I've been going back and forth between step lip versus reverse. I wonder which one would look better on a black car. What do you think?
I personally LOVE and prefer step lip. But, if you the lip to look "bigger" in a sense, then don't go with step lip xP haha I think either or is fine, but I would have to say Step lip!! But that's because I'm very bias. haha
Old 05-14-13, 09:44 AM
terrycs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nicely done!

I'm sure another 10mm in rear offset (from 35 to 45) would have gotten the 285 in there. No doubt the added camber from lowering helped with clearance too.

Any reason why you used a 30 series tire in front over a 35 series for closer match to stock?

How much additional inside clearance do you think you have on the rear? I'm wondering if it's possible to go with even higher offset for a 295 tire.
Old 05-14-13, 09:56 AM
golfpunks
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very clean car good job
Old 05-14-13, 10:18 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Maybe the DRS is causing the rubbing?
Old 05-14-13, 11:53 PM
calvinchan
Rookie

Originally Posted by terrycs
Nicely done!

I'm sure another 10mm in rear offset (from 35 to 45) would have gotten the 285 in there. No doubt the added camber from lowering helped with clearance too.

Any reason why you used a 30 series tire in front over a 35 series for closer match to stock?

How much additional inside clearance do you think you have on the rear? I'm wondering if it's possible to go with even higher offset for a 295 tire.
I'm going to run different tires soon, I had an extra set of tires that my friend left at my place that he had no use for, took them to test fit how the tires would fit on the car. Slacking on ordering new tires tho lol.

From what I can see I don't think there's gonna be enough room to allow 295. I know a lot of people so far on the forum wouldn't run more than 285. 285 causes minor rubbing already with Vossens that's like +40 I believe? Not quite sure.

Originally Posted by golfpunks
Very clean car good job
Thank you =)

Originally Posted by sam430
Maybe the DRS is causing the rubbing?
Originally, we thought it the DRS would actually cause my car to even pull my rear quarter panels lol. Tested it, the DRS actually doesn't even really turn the wheel enough to have it rub. It's only rubbing on bumps when I'm going straight, I'm fine when I'm turning at corners. Whether I'm going fast or slow at a corner, it doesn't rub unless I hit a bump.
Old 05-15-13, 07:47 AM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

What a beauty! 4GS looks nice and clean with proper wheels/ tires and a subtle drop. If I keep looking at these pictures, I may end up modding mine.
Originally Posted by Jq3
That looks AWSOME! You should stop right there! These cars look great with few mods to the exterior, but cartoonish when overdone. Remember it is a Lexus and not a Civic, Accord, Eclispe, etc.
I tend to agree with this. I've seen some overly modded Lexus esps. LS. But I guess everyone has different taste.

Quick Reply: Calvin's Buildthread