GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Diy hardwire valentineone 4gs

Old 03-13-13, 10:20 PM
calvinchan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Diy hardwire valentineone 4gs

Completed installation..

Before I begin, I actually had all the wirings and stuff put together before I attempted to install this into the 4GS. Everything was already put together from my previous car.

Parts needed:
ValentineOne (www.valentineone.com)
Hardwire kit (should be included with V1 when purchased)
Mini Add-A-Line (http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...questid=714146)
BlendMount (http://store.blendmount.com/blendmou...-350-p794.aspx)
15 Mini-Fuse

Tools:
Phillips & Straight screw driver
10mm Socket

1. The BlendMount is similar to this installation I followed for my previous car you just wrap the mount around the back of your rearview mirrors.

2. To run the cord you first remove the panel that's inside the red box.

-The way I did this is, I inserted both my index finger on each corner (the yellow circle) and slowly slid my fingers towards the direction of the yellow arrow.
-As I got closer to the dotted lines I slowly pulled the panel downwards towards with using my two index fingers and my thumb pushing upwards towards the top.
JUST BE CAREFUL HERE because the dotted lines is basically the area where the clips are located for these piece.

After removing the plastic piece, I took my finger and carefully pulled the headliner down a little to where I would be able to tuck the cord. I tucked it in and guided it towards the passenger A-Pillar.

3. Now that you completed running the cord through the headliner. You carefully run the wires down the A pillar to the fuse box. The direction you run the wire would be the red lines located in the coming up picture.

-The red circle/oval is where the fuse box is located.
-The way I ran it from the A-pillar down to the fuse box, I first pulled off the weatherstrip (the plastic black pieces. Afterwards, I took a plastic flathead shoved it into the top of the A-pillar (carefully) and pried it a bit so it came loose. Using my fingers I slowly loosened up the whole A-pillar to where I can run my cord through. After reaching the bottom of the A-Pillar with the cord. I slowly used my fingers to loosen up the remaining plastic pieces that blocked the way towards the fuse box.
The plastic pieces under the A-pillar came off really easily, I just slowly shoved my finger through it guiding it downwards and it just came out easily.

Once I reached the fuse box area, you will see a yellow circle on the picture. There's a little hole there, I shoved my hand through that to slowly pull open the panel under the glove department, the clips are mainly right under the glove department, and above the hole your hand is in. I used my fingers to push upwards so that the clips would pop out. (This piece didn't come off completely for me so don't worry if it does for you or not, as long as you are able to reach the fuse box)

4. So I had my mini a-line wired up from my previous vehicle I will post the thread I actually followed back then to complete this.
(http://www.the370z.com/diy-section-d...pix-heavy.html)
"Cut the end off of the red cable from the hardwire kit, it is not needed.

With fuse add-a-line kit, put the 2 fuse in the top, section by the wire that comes off, and now crimp the end of the wire to the red wire from the hardwire kit.
"
--Step 10-13 should help with this.

5. Once you have completed the above, I plugged my fuse into 15A STRG HTR (I have a red box around it on the picture)

-You remove the original 15 fuse that's located in the Fuse box and you plug in your add-a-line just like this. Plug in your V1, turn on your car, and enjoy!

Oh yeah, I just grounded it to a random bolt I saw near the fuse box.

Last edited by calvinchan; 03-14-13 at 12:53 PM.
Old 03-14-13, 12:45 PM
calvinchan
Rookie

Updated...
Old 03-14-13, 07:55 PM
wla1mjd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very clean....
Any interference from the Blind Spot System or parking radar?

I'm looking to do the same exact thing, but have been reluctant because of the chance of interference.
Old 03-14-13, 08:14 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wla1mjd
Very clean....
Any interference from the Blind Spot System or parking radar?

I'm looking to do the same exact thing, but have been reluctant because of the chance of interference.
There are no parking or blind spot sensor anywhere near the windshield.

If your GS have the night vision or LKA then there a camera hidden up. And I doubt the mount will interfere with since it mount lower than the rear view mirror.
Old 03-14-13, 08:35 PM
calvinchan
Rookie

I have blind spot sensor, LKA etc
There hasn't been any interference.
Old 03-15-13, 06:31 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Nice write up. You didn't waste any time modding.
Old 03-15-13, 07:07 PM
calvinchan
Rookie

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Nice write up. You didn't waste any time modding.
thank you xP
Old 03-17-13, 05:15 PM
0mghi2u
Lead Lap

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Ok so I got the blend mount for my valentine one. And I got the visor direct wire cord that connects to the rear view mirror power supply. It used to turn or and off when the car was on or off on its own but now it doesn't do it. Any inputs? And with this DIY it doesn't turn on and off on when the car is either on or off right?
Old 03-17-13, 07:31 PM
calvinchan
Rookie

Originally Posted by 0mghi2u
Ok so I got the blend mount for my valentine one. And I got the visor direct wire cord that connects to the rear view mirror power supply. It used to turn or and off when the car was on or off on its own but now it doesn't do it. Any inputs? And with this DIY it doesn't turn on and off on when the car is either on or off right?
I'm not quite sure how the rear view mirror one works, but with this one it only turns on when the car is on. when it's off you can't turn it on. i usually just leave it on, so when i turn on the car it turns off, it turns off when my car is turned off.
Old 07-25-14, 07:50 PM
grabilsm
Rookie

Hey guys I am new here. I just hardwired my detector and noticed the cover doesn't fit what did you do with the cover ?
Old 07-25-14, 11:22 PM
shookatash
Rookie

Originally Posted by grabilsm
Hey guys I am new here. I just hardwired my detector and noticed the cover doesn't fit what did you do with the cover ?
Put mine in the center arm rest compartment.
Old 07-26-14, 05:33 AM
mcolommena
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a saavy from V1 and youll be happier!
Old 07-28-14, 06:08 PM
grabilsm
Rookie

Your not afraid of water getting in the fuse box when it rains??
Old 07-31-14, 01:02 PM
Christobol
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 0mghi2u
Did you ever figure this out? It sounds like the mirror tap doesn't turn off ever as the homelink buttons are always on.

Chris