GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Issues with 4GS - how long does it take for Lexus Feedback to get back to you?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-13, 07:49 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Dealerships are independently owned and Lexus HQ's can chime in on things but perks are up to the dealer in most cases.
Old 03-20-13, 08:17 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

Originally Posted by UZ214
I am sure they do it..but the problem is its not a service that they are making money off it.
This is a common misconception. Dealers do not do warranty work for free, Lexus pays them for the work instead of the customer paying. They don't pay as much, but they do pay.

Dealers want to do warranty work for you, they get paid to do it.
Old 03-20-13, 08:41 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

but most of kexus dealers will not deal will minor headaches and rattles.. etc..my treading stitching for the lx steering wheel was coming off car was under warranty ..3 dealers around me didnt want to touch the car..or even give me loaners..I ended uo where I got the car from and they replaced the whole wheel...my point being stuff happens here as well . .not just in Canada and the poster above me posted since they are idependanty owned its up to their discretion. mostly the service manager who was usually a@@@, direct opposite of the nice salesman you just dealt with or bought your car from

Originally Posted by SW10ES
Quote:

Originally Posted by UZ214

I am sure they do it..but the problem is its not a service that they are making money off it.

This is a common misconception. Dealers do not do warranty work for free, Lexus pays them for the work instead of the customer paying. They don't pay as much, but they do pay.

Dealers want to do warranty work for you, they get paid to do it.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 03-20-13, 10:35 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

Maybe its just where I live, but I am surrounded by good dealers that provide excellent service and want to see issues resolved.
Old 03-20-13, 10:52 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

I'm tight with my service adviser the last 6-7 years which helps a lot.
Old 03-20-13, 11:09 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Tx all for your support and I'm genuinely surprised how many people are following this thread.

Looks like my plans for fixing the car next week have hit a roadblock. I need to do a 6 hour drive to a client next week (it takes just as much time as flying and is significantly cheaper, while also giving me some time in my car) and may have to postpone the fix. I could rent and save on mileage, but I'm going to use the opportunity to spend 12+ hours in my car. On top of that, my car only has 14,000KM (<9000 miles), so it'll still be a relatively low mileage car on its anniversary in a couple of weeks. Too bad it'll be before the rattle is fixed.
Old 03-20-13, 01:13 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mehran888
Tx all for your support and I'm genuinely surprised how many people are following this thread.

Looks like my plans for fixing the car next week have hit a roadblock. I need to do a 6 hour drive to a client next week (it takes just as much time as flying and is significantly cheaper, while also giving me some time in my car) and may have to postpone the fix. I could rent and save on mileage, but I'm going to use the opportunity to spend 12+ hours in my car. On top of that, my car only has 14,000KM (<9000 miles), so it'll still be a relatively low mileage car on its anniversary in a couple of weeks. Too bad it'll be before the rattle is fixed.
check your PMs i just sent one. is there a Lexus Franchise Manufacturer Rep in your area? they should be able to provide his # to you... i would also speak to the owner of the dealer you purchased the car from. but if you have everything taken care of then you're good to go.
Old 03-27-13, 10:13 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Hello All,

Another update. My trip to the client this week got pushed back so I swapped cars as planned yesterday.

Picked up the car just now and........ problem seems to be solved (yeah!). I'll give it a full week of good driving and temperature changes before being 100% certain, but I think they made a difference this time.
Old 03-27-13, 02:12 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Hello All,

Another update. My trip to the client this week got pushed back so I swapped cars as planned yesterday.

Picked up the car just now and........ problem seems to be solved (yeah!). I'll give it a full week of good driving and temperature changes before being 100% certain, but I think they made a difference this time.
glad to hear that... but keep your fingers crossed anyway.
Old 03-28-13, 05:51 AM
Shadow0039
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello All,

Could you share what was the cause of the sound and how to eliminate it? Thanks
Old 03-28-13, 11:30 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Originally Posted by Shadow0039
Could you share what was the cause of the sound and how to eliminate it? Thanks
The dealer wasn't definitive. They said they took apart the upper and lower dash as well as the doors and put in a bunch of "dampening" (his words, I think it was probably woodfelt).

But the bad news is the rattle isn't completely gone. I was in the car for 3 hours today and ohhhh it's still there. I'll wait for the weather to get warmer and see if it improves or worsens before deciding next steps.

So annoying.

M
Old 03-28-13, 06:49 PM
zicogold
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mehran888, there is an arbitration process for this sort of thing and being Canada there is an organization to administer the process . I have availed myself of this service and it is fair. Here is the link:

http://www.camvap.ca/

Last edited by zicogold; 03-29-13 at 07:35 AM.
Old 04-03-13, 07:52 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Originally Posted by zicogold
Mehran888, there is an arbitration process for this sort of thing and being Canada there is an organization to administer the process . I have availed myself of this service and it is fair. Here is the link:

http://www.camvap.ca/
Zico, what can I expect out of this arbitration process? I mean, to someone who doesn't care about cars, or doesn't quite have OCD like me, would they say:

1) It's a small intermittent rattle: case dismissed
2) Here's $200 bucks, that's how much of an inconvenience the rattle caused you.

Because to be honest, the current dealership seems nice and said "come back any time and we'll look at it again". Unfortunately, I'm getting a bit impatient (not with the current dealership, but the situation). Ideally, I either want the problem fixed, buying the car back off me, or the car replaced with a new one. But are those realistic expectations?
Old 04-03-13, 09:22 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Zico, what can I expect out of this arbitration process? I mean, to someone who doesn't care about cars, or doesn't quite have OCD like me, would they say:

2) Here's $200 bucks, that's how much of an inconvenience the rattle caused you.

Because to be honest, the current dealership seems nice and said "come back any time and we'll look at it again". Unfortunately, I'm getting a bit impatient (not with the current dealership, but the situation). Ideally, I either want the problem fixed, buying the car back off me, or the car replaced with a new one. But are those realistic expectations?
if you go the buy back route make sure no money is involved, make sure you're free and clear i.e. you owe them nothing, they owe you nothing... your slate is wiped clean. i tested 4 different GS F Sports with ML and they had the same rattle in the same spot that my GS had. alot of members seem to be having rattles in the same spot for whatever reason or wherever they are, so it's the car and not one isolated happenstance. i say this to say that if you get the next F Sport you may or may not have the same problem... it's a toss up. lexus corporate called me today to see how everything went with at the dealer. they asked if i was taken care of and did i receive my LS. they apologized for any inconvenience and for the GS that was problematic, but at the end of the day they did what they had to do to make the customer (me) happy.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 04-03-13 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-04-13, 03:46 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

if they dont have TSB from Lexus, it is really hard for them to figure out something like that... it is not like they dont want to.

they also dont get paid for it from Lexus, if they do it as warranty work, hours worked and amount paid is much lower than if you did it non-warranty. So for them this is basically being nice so eventually you use their paying services of some kind in the future :-).

as to buyback due to rattle, not sure, maybe someone around here did it before. Also not sure if it wont happen in another car too.

Quick Reply: Issues with 4GS - how long does it take for Lexus Feedback to get back to you?