GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Issues with 4GS - how long does it take for Lexus Feedback to get back to you?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-13, 09:16 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 113 Likes on 62 Posts

Hey folks, an update. After two weeks of waiting, Lexus Corporate called me back. The rep had to actually call Service Managers at all the dealerships in the area to see which one could accommodate me (seemed odd, and maybe it's part of their "game"). Then 24 hours later the dealership and I got in touch. I'm going in at 7am on Thursday to meet the "service foreman" and replicate the issue. I was told by both Lexus Corporate and the Service Manager that "We will need to assess if the rattle you're hearing falls outside of Lexus' quality standards". To say that got me a bit upset is an understatement (because I either read it as a) you're hearing things or b) you're stupid and are willing to accept that your $60K car from a company known for quality is supposed to rattle).

Anyways, I didn't flare up and accepted the appointment. Given the timing, I'll need to have my carseat and toddler in the back, so hopefully they don't use the carseat in the back as an excuse for the rattle in the front.

I'm going to completely empty my car of everything tomorrow evening before the service. Will let you know what comes of it. They also said that after they identify the rattle, that I have to go back to working with Lexus corporate. Which is fine I guess, but the whole point of giving Lexus another chance was to finalize things ASAP. Hopefully the foreman agrees on the rattle, and then I'll stand firm on getting them to drop off a loaner at my home during off-hours so I don't have to be inconvenienced any more.

Fingers crossed.

EDIT: The Lexus Corp rep also made a comment in my first conversation with her about it not being standard to go to a second dealership since the first put in "so much effort". It was odd. She also told me that the previous service manager (I think they're on their third in a year because I think another guy was there when I bought the car) is no longer there, while both suggesting it was him I had issues with and implying that I should give the dealership another chance.
Old 03-12-13, 09:18 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,753 Likes on 1,968 Posts

Good luck! Keep us posted...
Old 03-12-13, 10:21 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mehran888
Hey folks, an update. After two weeks of waiting, Lexus Corporate called me back. The rep had to actually call Service Managers at all the dealerships in the area to see which one could accommodate me (seemed odd, and maybe it's part of their "game"). Then 24 hours later the dealership and I got in touch. I'm going in at 7am on Thursday to meet the "service foreman" and replicate the issue. I was told by both Lexus Corporate and the Service Manager that "We will need to assess if the rattle you're hearing falls outside of Lexus' quality standards". To say that got me a bit upset is an understatement (because I either read it as a) you're hearing things or b) you're stupid and are willing to accept that your $60K car from a company known for quality is supposed to rattle).

Anyways, I didn't flare up and accepted the appointment. Given the timing, I'll need to have my carseat and toddler in the back, so hopefully they don't use the carseat in the back as an excuse for the rattle in the front.

I'm going to completely empty my car of everything tomorrow evening before the service. Will let you know what comes of it. They also said that after they identify the rattle, that I have to go back to working with Lexus corporate. Which is fine I guess, but the whole point of giving Lexus another chance was to finalize things ASAP. Hopefully the foreman agrees on the rattle, and then I'll stand firm on getting them to drop off a loaner at my home during off-hours so I don't have to be inconvenienced any more.

Fingers crossed.

EDIT: The Lexus Corp rep also made a comment in my first conversation with her about it not being standard to go to a second dealership since the first put in "so much effort". It was odd. She also told me that the previous service manager (I think they're on their third in a year because I think another guy was there when I bought the car) is no longer there, while both suggesting it was him I had issues with and implying that I should give the dealership another chance.
they are FOS and we all know it and so do they. i won't drag this out with a long post but don't let them hand you a line of BS. the sad thing is they're not even good at it and expect you to accept it. anyway, good luck, spazz out frequently and keep us posted.
Old 03-14-13, 05:13 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Another quick update. After a brief test drive, the service foreman was able to replicate the issue (yay, I'm not hearing things!). The next step is for him to report back to his service manager who then reports to Lexus customer service and hopefully from there I get the issue resolved.

On a related note, getting my toddler out of bed at 5:30am, forcing him to eat while half asleep and then having him in the backseat of the car for two hours while I drove to the dealership, did the drive with the foreman, and then took him to daycare was pretty awesome. He's actually a good kid, the from test drive to daycare he was pretty calm. It was the first hour of the routine that was fun.

Going to email Customer Service now to give them an update and request that the next steps involve a pick up and loaner at my house, as doing this routine again (with both kids up half the night, and a full work day) is not something I feel I should put myself out for again (fourth time for this issue if you count the first two times to the original dealership).

Will update you all on the next steps. Tx for everyone's support (and caring about my issues).
Old 03-14-13, 08:43 PM
LexFather

Thanks for being persistent. Lexus is not immune to needing a kick in the ***** from time to time.
Old 03-14-13, 09:02 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Thats great, I hope they get it all fixed up for you!
Old 03-19-13, 06:51 PM
mehran888
Advanced

5 days later another update: The Lexus Corp service person called me and apologized for taking over 2 business days to reach out to me (issue was confirmed Thursday prior to 8am and she called me around 4pm on Monday). She said that the dealership would be in touch to schedule a service and drop-off time at the dealership. I mentioned that I expected a car swap at my house, explaining how disruptive it is to get my 2 year old out of bed by 5:30am and then drag him to a dealership instead of daycare. She was very resistant and ultimately said "You'll have to discuss that with the dealership". Not my idea of customer care (passing the buck to a dealership who in my opinion owes me nothing, or rather MUCH less than corporate).

Dealership emailed me today suggesting a few days to drop off the car. I replied politely requesting again that they do a swap at my house. I explained that I don't blame them, but feel corporate should be doing this for me.

He replied and confirmed that they will do a car swap. However, the email went from using the word "loaner" and replaced it with "rental". He also said I'd have to return the car with full gas.

Whatever, it's all fine... and at the end of the day my issue (at least this one) will be resolved... I hope. I just expect better customer service. Really, it all comes down to a) them offering what is fair instead of me asking for it and having them concede after a long battle and b) using the right choice of words to keep your customer happy.

Will update late next week when the whole ordeal is hopefully over.
Old 03-19-13, 08:23 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

I read all you post and updates..I can completely under stand. .i have a 3 and a 2 year old and you don't have time to back and fourth dealer visits. some Lexus dealers just suck..I drive an hour to buy and ir service the cars..but I feel like back in the day Lexus dealers used to really care these days you are just a commission. hopfuly you get your rattle fixed. good luck

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 03-19-13, 09:58 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Hope everything works out. Sorry for the long difficult process. The loaner car issue was because Lexus corporate are not the bosses of the dealerships.
Old 03-19-13, 10:32 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UZ214
I read all you post and updates..I can completely under stand. .i have a 3 and a 2 year old and you don't have time to back and fourth dealer visits. some Lexus dealers just suck..I drive an hour to buy and ir service the cars..but I feel like back in the day Lexus dealers used to really care these days you are just a commission. hopfuly you get your rattle fixed. good luck

I too feel the same way. I see in your sig. that you had a 95 LS, my parents also had a 95 LS and my has Lexus service changed over the years. (And not for the better) Before it was taking the time and making sure everything was A+. Now your lucky if you get a call back from the service department that your car is ready.

mehran888 - Good luck and hope things work out! Your kid deserves a treat for waking up that early and not being crabby! I'm cranky if I wake up before 9.
Old 03-19-13, 10:53 PM
052SI
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If Lexus' customer service rests on its laurels, it will evolve into MB's; the very company they set their sights on in 1989 causing them a devastating blow.
Old 03-20-13, 06:46 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Thats an incredible difference between Lexus in Canada and Lexus in the US. All the dealers here do pick up and drop off, even for an oil change...certainly for a warranty item like this...

My dealer started requiring loaners to be returned with the same level of gas when gas prices went so high. I don't really blame them for that...
Old 03-20-13, 06:49 AM
Outrage
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SW10ES
Thats an incredible difference between Lexus in Canada and Lexus in the US. All the dealers here do pick up and drop off, even for an oil change...certainly for a warranty item like this...

My dealer started requiring loaners to be returned with the same level of gas when gas prices went so high. I don't really blame them for that...
My local dealership will pick up my vehicle anywhere within a reasonable distance and provide me with a loaner vehicle, free of charge. This is the policy of the local dealership, not Lexus, however.
Old 03-20-13, 07:12 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Correct, but its a very common policy. Everybody up in Canada seems to talk to this guy like he's crazy for even suggesting such a thing.
Old 03-20-13, 07:46 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

I am sure they do it..but the problem is its not a service that they are making money off it. my local lexus dealer ..koons Wilmington will not do that unless its a regular service or you actually bought the car from them..and this last line ..buy car from them is I have heard so many times around me I drive and skip 2 nearest dealers to go either cherry hill towson md. my local toyota is much better a lot better. I bought a 4runner as a DD and I an surprised how great their serive is..

Originally Posted by SW10ES
Correct, but its a very common policy. Everybody up in Canada seems to talk to this guy like he's crazy for even suggesting such a thing.

Quick Reply: Issues with 4GS - how long does it take for Lexus Feedback to get back to you?