GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

SoCal package changes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-13, 11:40 PM
teejs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SoCal package changes?

I just tried to build an F-Sport on the Lexus site, and I only see one F-sport package option (there were two as of yesterday, one with ML, one without). Today there's only one for $10,472, which now doesn't include the Premium Pkg (rear shade, ventilated front seats, rain sensing wipers). It now includes illuminated door sills, ML, cargo net, mat, wheel locks (one of the accessory packages before I believe?). Seems like you can't get the premium pkg items anymore with f-sport.

Does this reflect the actual cars the dealers will be getting soon? If so, I need to find an F-sport with the premium pkg before they disappear!
Old 02-27-13, 07:17 AM
052SI
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try using an out of state zip code and see what happens/if it's still an option.

Last edited by 052SI; 02-27-13 at 08:22 AM.
Old 02-27-13, 07:47 AM
SoCal1984
Rookie

The premium package is free on every F-Sport. The most recent stickers I've looked at do not list a premium package but do have ventillated seats, rain sensing wipers, and power rear shade.
Old 02-27-13, 07:59 AM
Chuck W.
Rookie

You can special order options that are not listed on the build site. Options like HUD and Radar Cruise control are not listed, but are available. Their build site and package options are poorly done.
Old 02-27-13, 08:56 AM
teejs
Driver School Candidate

Try using an out of state zip code and see what happens/if it's still an option.
I tried with a Virginia zip code (22033), and the only F-sport package option also doesn't include the premium package.

The premium package is free on every F-Sport. The most recent stickers I've looked at do not list a premium package but do have ventillated seats, rain sensing wipers, and power rear shade.
I've noticed the same thing. So hopefully this continues with cars coming in over the next few weeks.

You can special order options that are not listed on the build site. Options like HUD and Radar Cruise control are not listed, but are available. Their build site and package options are poorly done.
Its really amazing how bad the build site is. The fact that it doesn't even list HUD, DRS, etc. is just unexcusable I think. I would think Lexus would want potential buyers to know that these options are available. I'm sure there are people who during their initial screening for instance would remove the GS from their list just because they are expecting certain features and not finding it when building their car online. For others it just adds confusion when they see certain things on other pages and other websites, but not when building. For a high-end company like Lexus, its bizarre that they haven't made it more robust and accurate. I haven't been to competitors' sites in a while, but they're better, aren't they?
Old 02-27-13, 11:33 AM
hypnotika
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is interesting. Looks like you're right. I put in my SoCal zip and got what you said too. Seems to be more expensive now at $10K premium for F-sport. I think it was around $6K before...
Old 02-27-13, 11:58 AM
LexusVet
Pole Position

I aggree I hate that they dont mention prices for the higher end options ie HUD etc. I think the main reason is that these cars arent on your local dealers lots and im sure they all rather you purchase something on the lot then special ordering They try to make it easier for folks to just build a car online that is ready available on a lot rather then building a car with HUD, ML and going to your dealer and them not having it.

The more expensive options are listed on the website in the overview section so people should know that these options do exist, they just arent listed on the build

Lexus build site blows and always changes, try looking again in a few days. In defense Mercedes also has issues with their build site from time to time I ve seen errors there too
Old 02-27-13, 12:14 PM
teejs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexusVet
...I think the main reason is that these cars arent on your local dealers lots and im sure they all rather you purchase something on the lot then special ordering They try to make it easier for folks to just build a car online that is ready available on a lot rather then building a car with HUD, ML and going to your dealer and them not having it.
This is my concern. If the online build is supposed to reflect cars readily available on a lot, then does that mean that the newer shipments will not include the premium package anymore, and will cost $10k?
Old 02-27-13, 12:40 PM
052SI
Pole Position

My Wife's (potential) new F sport just arrived fresh off the truck and I'll let you guys know the pricing tomororw after we've seen it. If it's true that the price is going up then maybe it's good to buy now; maybe this is a way for Lexus to cover the price of the upcoming 8 speed, etc???
Old 02-27-13, 01:24 PM
wlmngtn310
Driver

Fsport automatically comes with premium package. Call your dealer and verify, but speak with a knowledgeable rep. Most are idiots.
Old 02-27-13, 09:30 PM
Chuck W.
Rookie

Originally Posted by teejs
I haven't been to competitors' sites in a while, but they're better, aren't they?
The BMW site is first class.
Old 02-27-13, 09:38 PM
teejs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Chuck W.
True. And have you seen bmwconfig.com? Its not an official BMW site, but someone made it and its extremely useful. You can configure any BMW model, and get the individual invoice prices for each option, both for U.S. and European delivery. Anyone looking at BMWs should definitely use that resource.
Old 02-28-13, 07:08 AM
ShermanMR2
Rookie

Originally Posted by Chuck W.
+1
I've complained to Lexus about this. It almost seems like they don't want to sell you the car, they would rather frustrate you instead.
Old 02-28-13, 08:32 AM
Chuck W.
Rookie

Originally Posted by teejs
True. And have you seen bmwconfig.com?
Yes. It is great. When I ordered my BMW for a European delivery I used it to strike a deal at the dealership. With the rebates and paying $500 over ED invoice I was $13,400 under the US MSRP sticker. Buying a BMW and doing a European delivery you save over $4000 right off the bat.

Originally Posted by ShermanMR2
+1
I've complained to Lexus about this. It almost seems like they don't want to sell you the car, they would rather frustrate you instead.
I almost feel it is an arrogance on the part of Lexus. They know what we want and we don't. I spoke with numerous internet departments while trying to find the options we wanted. Even they said that they are not allowed to order cars optioned the way they want them. Lexus tells them what they are getting. Great cars, poor business plan as far as stocking cars their customers want.
Old 02-28-13, 10:59 AM
terrycs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wlmngtn310
Fsport automatically comes with premium package. Call your dealer and verify, but speak with a knowledgeable rep. Most are idiots.
Technically speaking, the F-Sport doesn't "come with" the Premium Package which is why it won't show up on the window sticker that way. However the F-Sport automatically comes with RS wipers, H&V front seats and rear sunshades (basically the items found in the premium package). Like you said ... those items are all part of the F-Sport package now.