GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

beading after the rain...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-13, 06:21 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya, I really hate texas water. I'm hoping to move north ASAP as I just loathe the summers down here.

Looking at the other products mentioned, the Hard body protection looks interesting too. Considering how soft lexus paint is, probably would be a good idea to get as well.
Old 02-25-13, 07:11 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BarrettF77
Ya, I really hate texas water. I'm hoping to move north ASAP as I just loathe the summers down here.

Looking at the other products mentioned, the Hard body protection looks interesting too. Considering how soft lexus paint is, probably would be a good idea to get as well.
you want to move north??? i want to move to a warm climate. Hard Body is a great coating... our paint is ridiculously soft, especially the Obsidian.
Old 02-25-13, 07:34 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

LOL! I'm with Syd on that. I really really don't want to have to deal with cleaning the salt, sand, slushy snow etc off my car in the winters. Years ago, I spent several winters in MN, and was incredibly thankful for a heated underground garage - but hated the thought of having to leave the car outside the office while at work, and dealing with scarping the ice after that.

Well, I guess every region has its issues - in TX, gotta worry about hail & tornado & intense heat in the summer instead! lol!
Old 02-25-13, 07:45 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jj14
LOL! I'm with Syd on that. I really really don't want to have to deal with cleaning the salt, sand, slushy snow etc off my car in the winters. Years ago, I spent several winters in MN, and was incredibly thankful for a heated underground garage - but hated the thought of having to leave the car outside the office while at work, and dealing with scarping the ice after that.

Well, I guess every region has its issues - in TX, gotta worry about hail & tornado & intense heat in the summer instead! lol!
I've put in all 34 years of my life here. Time for a change I feel. There are many other reasons too. I miss having seasons and dealing with the cold just means a little different lifestyle. I can always put more clothes on but can't take it off when in the summer to get comfortable. Otherwise, Texas isn't bad, just need a change of scenery.
Old 02-25-13, 08:12 AM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Those look good, Syd. I might get one for myself as well... Move West... but then we may have problem feeding her/us.

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
sorry V... tell her i'm not trying to get you to spend the grocery money, but you have to keep your baby clean and protected.
At least this baby has no emotion. You got to spend money somehow
Old 02-25-13, 08:17 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by BarrettF77

What you want to move to the north, your crazy these winters are more like life changers themselves, it's cool lets switch I live where you live and you live where I live.
Old 02-25-13, 03:13 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bnlexus
Those look good, Syd. I might get one for myself as well... Move West... but then we may have problem feeding her/us.

At least this baby has no emotion. You got to spend money somehow
thanx BN... V can compromise and buy a loaf of bread a gallon of milk and a can of Sonax Polymer Net Shield.
Old 02-25-13, 05:10 PM
bigblack06

thanx BN... V can compromise and buy a loaf of bread a gallon of milk and a can of Sonax Polymer Net Shield.
Man they are fast, ordered it yesterday night and they already shipped it out.
Old 02-25-13, 05:28 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bigblack06
you've never ordered from Phil before? i love the service. if i order before 11:00 am i'll have it the next morning. Phil gets your ****** out. plus if i have nothing to do i'll take a trip to DD and just walk through and look at all the products he has and pick what i need shoot the breeze with Phil and Derrick, pick up a few detailing tips... DD is the place to go if you're a car guy. he's does wheels, stop tech brakes, tires, clear film, just to name a few.
Old 02-25-13, 09:15 PM
bigblack06

you've never ordered from Phil before? i love the service. if i order before 11:00 am i'll have it the next morning. Phil gets your ****** out. plus if i have nothing to do i'll take a trip to DD and just walk through and look at all the products he has and pick what i need shoot the breeze with Phil and Derrick, pick up a few detailing tips... DD is the place to go if you're a car guy. he's does wheels, stop tech brakes, tires, clear film, just to name a few.
Naw this is the first time I've ordered from him. I would but he's to far, didn't know he did all of that.
Old 02-25-13, 09:27 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Naw this is the first time I've ordered from him. I would but he's to far, didn't know he did all of that.
yeah, if he doesn't have it, he can get it. but he does a number of things. you should see his car. it's a sleeper until you get in and put your foot on the throttle.
Old 02-26-13, 08:25 AM
1111GS

Yeah, this guy is on top of his orders. I guess that's how you earn business these days. I remember we were exchanging email back and forth the other midnight when I needed to add another item to my submitted order.
Many thanks to Mr. Syd for introducing DD to us.

Last edited by 1111GS; 02-26-13 at 08:28 AM.
Old 02-26-13, 10:38 AM
bigblack06

Lol, just checked the status, it's already at my front door. Can't wait, they have earned my business forever.
Old 02-26-13, 11:08 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bnlexus
Yeah, this guy is on top of his orders. I guess that's how you earn business these days. I remember we were exchanging email back and forth the other midnight when I needed to add another item to my submitted order.
Many thanks to Mr. Syd for introducing DD to us.
anything for my Lexus Family BN...

Lol, just checked the status, it's already at my front door. Can't wait, they have earned my business forever.
DD is no joke... BTW, Vossen and BBS N.A. is 2 doors down from him . he will get you a great wheel and tire package. someone else is next door to him also, i think it's Primo or Auto Finesse. all my future cars will go to DD and all my future car care products will be bought from DD... i am sold.
Old 02-26-13, 11:18 AM
1111GS

... plus if i have nothing to do i'll take a trip to DD and just walk through and look at all the products he has and pick what i need shoot the breeze with Phil and Derrick, pick up a few detailing tips... DD is the place to go if you're a car guy. he's does wheels, stop tech brakes, tires, clear film, just to name a few.
This guy will find any reason to drive the GS. Do they still make you pay for sale tax? Dropping the car off today.... will get her back before the weekends.

Quick Reply: beading after the rain...