GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

ipod video to nav screen via usb input?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-13, 07:25 PM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone come up with anyway to get video onto the nav screen through the usb or an adaptor that can connect to the radio to allow an av input?
Old 03-26-13, 10:14 PM
HUSKERnKS
Lead Lap

Received 108 Likes on 66 Posts

Prestigious Society just announced one will be released soon.

Sweet!
Old 03-27-13, 04:20 AM
jscgs350
Driver

Nice! I wonder if this will allow a phone (Android or iOS) to be able to mirror the screen, not just play back video, onto the car's display via HDMI, similar to Vais Tech's solution.

Prestigious Society's solution looks to be nice and clean, and well integrated into the existing user experience Lexus already provides. Vais's solution seems more intrusive to me, but I've never used it personally. I do like how Vais's product takes advantage of the car's touchscrren to interact with your phone.
Old 03-27-13, 08:48 AM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

That is awesome they have one soon to be released! Now i wonder if you would still need the original bypass module to bypass the lockout or will this new unit have that built in as well.....
Also i wonder if you can stream video via the usb plug because on iphone 5 the only was to get video out would he through the apple 8-pin to HDMI plug.
The video out is great to add an external monitor and be able to control it from the front

I hope all the details are released soon!
Old 03-27-13, 09:45 AM
hypnotika
Driver

Originally Posted by Rrgirgis
That is awesome they have one soon to be released! Now i wonder if you would still need the original bypass module to bypass the lockout or will this new unit have that built in as well.....
Also i wonder if you can stream video via the usb plug because on iphone 5 the only was to get video out would he through the apple 8-pin to HDMI plug.
The video out is great to add an external monitor and be able to control it from the front

I hope all the details are released soon!
You will still need the bypass module to bypass the lockout. So you'll need to have both to watch video from your ipod source while in motion (I don't condone doing this...just stating the facts ).
Old 04-18-13, 09:53 PM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

Anyone get the new MEIS AVLS from prestigous society and do the install???
Old 04-22-13, 09:19 AM
k20eg
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be interest to see a video of how this system works. I've been waiting for vaistech to come out with the ML+ for the GS but it's taking too long.
Old 04-23-13, 11:26 AM
wayner
Rookie

It would also be nice if the NAV screen could be an AirPlay receiver so that you could just AirPlay a video to your screen. But AirPlay is generally done over wifi. It would be nice if they car came with a Wifi hotspot where you could optionally attach a SIM card for LTE connectivity but even without that you could have a LAN (CAN - Car Area Network) so that you could do stuff like Wifi or share files, etc between devices in your car.
Old 04-23-13, 01:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by k20eg
I'd be interest to see a video of how this system works. I've been waiting for vaistech to come out with the ML+ for the GS but it's taking too long.
i don't have video but i have worked on the 4gs and have seen this in action. install it very straight forward and it works pretty darn nice.
Old 05-20-13, 05:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

so i happened to be at prestigious and oversaw them testing ipod video input to the 4gs. here were some shots i took. i couldn't stay for the whole time and they were still doing more testing though
Attached Thumbnails ipod video to nav screen via usb input?-img7737.jpg   ipod video to nav screen via usb input?-img7734.jpg   ipod video to nav screen via usb input?-img7736.jpg  
Old 05-21-13, 09:11 AM
larryinWA
Pole Position

Can someone provide a description of what you expect these 2rd party packages to provide? Is there addional hardware attached to the port? Does existing hardware need to be replaced? What existing software would be replaced? What do you expect the price to be?
Old 05-21-13, 11:53 AM
jscgs350
Driver

I don't expect to replace any hardware, but instead to incorporate additional hardware in-line with the existing hardware. I'd like to see an Android device mirrored on the screen similar to Vias's solution on other Lexus's and Toyota's. I believe Prestigious's solution does work with Android, but I need to catch up on this subject.
Old 05-21-13, 12:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

http://www.prestigioussociety.com/?page_id=604

you don't take stuff away, you just add plug and play hardware

with this setup, if i am correct, can mirror android as well
Old 05-21-13, 12:28 PM
jscgs350
Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
http://www.prestigioussociety.com/?page_id=604

you don't take stuff away, you just add plug and play hardware

with this setup, if i am correct, can mirror android as well
Yes, that's what I remember reading. I wish they used an micro hdmi connector instead of RCA.
Old 05-21-13, 01:21 PM
k20eg
Rookie

I happen to order this kit a few days ago, I should have this installed some time this weekend. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. I installed the navi lockout override myself without any problems hoping this install is as straight forward.

Quick Reply: ipod video to nav screen via usb input?