GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS-F vs LS-F

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-13, 10:09 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bnlexus
I read, read and re-read last night before Syd responded. I felt that he didn't buy the car but I too questioned my reading comprehension since I didn't start until high school.

S,
I'm glad you stick with the GS. LS is nice but the b*tt doesn't do it for me. I was thrilled by the front and body especially when modified though. Maybe when the new body style comes.
hey, what's happenin captain... (i know happening is spelled wrong, i to started late)yeah BN, i'm going to hold on to the GS, i can't see spending 90K on a car that is roomier (which i need) but i didn't really feel that "WOW" factor (that is until i hit the 8th gear) that was my 3rd test drive and i drove differently every time. still on the fence BN, but the base with options i can see myself buying.
Old 02-06-13, 01:54 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

FWIW, we do have the dot tracking on the nav, you just gotta turn it on.

Mine came on from the factory, I turned it off.
Old 02-06-13, 03:32 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW10ES
FWIW, we do have the dot tracking on the nav, you just gotta turn it on.

Mine came on from the factory, I turned it off.
i swear i didn't know we had it . that saying "you learn something new everyday" is true. need to know how to turn it on... thanx in advance.
Old 02-06-13, 04:04 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Im trying to think off the top of my head, its not in the setup screen, its like in the "display on map" screen...
Old 02-06-13, 05:00 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Im trying to think off the top of my head, its not in the setup screen, its like in the "display on map" screen...
LMK buddy , i'm not going anywhere. if i find it before you i'll let you know.
Old 02-06-13, 05:22 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I'll go play around with it after dinner
Old 02-06-13, 06:21 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

I'll go play around with it after dinner
found it. i must have eaten dinner a little faster than you
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8451358511/http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8451358511/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/76804690@N05/, on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8451358279/http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8451358279/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/76804690@N05/, on Flickr
took her around the corner and "BAM" we have tracking dots. i'll probably turn it off after i realize this feature makes no damn sense.
Old 02-06-13, 06:53 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Gives you something new to play with for a few days at least lol
Old 02-06-13, 08:09 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The LS F Sport looks sharp, but aside from the fact that it's not a true redesign, the thing that doesn't tempt me is that I would have to give up the Cabernet interior for black. Lexus offers a nice two-tone brown/black in the non- F Sport model. They should have offered something special in the F Sport other than just aluminum trim.
Old 02-06-13, 08:13 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
yeah... they want my money, is right. the base might be for a certain group but the F sport is for another. then again i always see 60+ drivers pushing porsche GTs, corvettes, nissan GTRs... and most of them are driving, not playing around in the street driving slow and or careful which means if you're a car person no matter what age 60,70,80 you're going to buy what you feel is for you. i for one love to see 60+ crowd pushing GT3, GTR, Vipers etc. but no, oneexcite, i didn't fall for it.
Not to hijack the thread, but I saw an ancient guy getting out of a Corvette today and he couldn't even open the door. He was parked in a tight space and could barely handle the weight of the door. He was going into the MRI lab next to where I get my hair cut.

I love fast cars, and if I buy one I'm going to drive it that way. If I get too old to go fast, I'm going to buy something comfy and "age appropriate".
Old 02-06-13, 08:58 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dseag2
The LS F Sport looks sharp, but aside from the fact that it's not a true redesign, the thing that doesn't tempt me is that I would have to give up the Cabernet interior for black. Lexus offers a nice two-tone brown/black in the non- F Sport model. They should have offered something special in the F Sport other than just aluminum trim.
i agree... i need some color for the interior, but the aluminum trim is much better in the LS F Sport because it's matte not glossy like ours. the wood trim in the LS base is amazing.

Not to hijack the thread, but I saw an ancient guy getting out of a Corvette today and he couldn't even open the door. He was parked in a tight space and could barely handle the weight of the door. He was going into the MRI lab next to where I get my hair cut.

I love fast cars, and if I buy one I'm going to drive it that way. If I get too old to go fast, I'm going to buy something comfy and "age appropriate".
can't stop laughing D... how ancient was he, like Moses ancient? some ancient people are still young at heart and sometimes it shows in the things they do... be it driving, walking etc. i'm going to be one of those rare ancient specimens with all his faculties still in tact driving a fast *** car..
Old 02-07-13, 05:54 AM
Mi1lion
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's when you buy a Bentley. You can get a massage while doing 190+ mph, and it doesn't require you to do a navy seal maneuver to get out of it.
Old 02-07-13, 07:48 AM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

...some ancient people are still young at heart and sometimes it shows in the things they do... ...
Yep, I witnessed this couple (probably in 70+) at a recent auto show. They were checking out and discussing about the new IS.

Last edited by 1111GS; 05-22-21 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-08-13, 01:06 PM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

found it. i must have eaten dinner a little faster than you

IMG_0489 by sydtoosic, on Flickr

IMG_0490 by sydtoosic, on Flickr
took her around the corner and "BAM" we have tracking dots. i'll probably turn it off after i realize this feature makes no damn sense.
Now we all know where you live.
I first saw these dots on our 08 Rx. For some reasons they showed up about a year after we moved here. It might have been turned on by accident. Since the streets around us are not on 08 map, I thought Lexus was doing some update over the air. I could see one use for this feature. Maybe when you go somewhere that is not on your map, you can record it so next time you can go back or maybe you want to save a favorite route to a particular location?
Old 02-08-13, 01:27 PM
LexFather

hey, what's happenin captain... (i know happening is spelled wrong, i to started late)yeah BN, i'm going to hold on to the GS, i can't see spending 90K on a car that is roomier (which i need) but i didn't really feel that "WOW" factor (that is until i hit the 8th gear) that was my 3rd test drive and i drove differently every time. still on the fence BN, but the base with options i can see myself buying.
Agreed. That 90k just opens up a can of car worms. Maybe if the car had over 400hp or so....

Agreed. in Japan the LS is available with tons of options. We get stuck with black leather only.

The F-sport program while doing well is mind-boggling....

CT-F-sport, new wheels, tuned suspension, Black trim only, CVT, F sport steering wheel, badged, black headliner, F sport grill, pedals, drive mode selector, FWD

RX-F-spoort, new wheels, tuned suspension, Black trim only, gets 8 speed auto, badged, black headliner, Fsport grill, pedals (you can get the F-sport front bumper on a non F-sport, it is a LExus option), no Variable driving mode. AWD only

IS F-sport, new wheels, tuned suspension, red/black leather, 8 speed auto ,badged, black headliner, Fsport grill, pedals, no different brakes, drive mode selector, RWD or AWD

GS Fsport, new wheels, tuned suspension, red/black leather, 6 speed auto, badged, black headliner ,F sport grill, pedals, different brakes, drive mode selector. RWD or AWD

LS F sport, ne wheels, tuned suspension, black leather only, 8 speed, badged, black headliner, F-sport grill, pedals, IS F brakes, drive mode selector, RWD or AWD

Trust, I am happy to see them all offered but there is no method to the madness

Quick Reply: GS-F vs LS-F