GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Voice command to suspend guidance?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-14, 10:13 AM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

people actually use the voice commands.... I find it it too annoying that I just manually do what I need to do
Old 01-13-14, 07:35 PM
luiq5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The map update version is 13.1. I am not sure if they also did a firmware update as part of the installation. Actually, the service department were not aware that the update would fix the lack of a cancel navigation voice command.
Old 01-13-14, 08:23 PM
GS4fun
Driver School Candidate

Hi Everyone,

1st time GS owner here. This is a great forum. Took delivery of a 2013 Pearl Lux this past weekend. Love the car, hate the NAV and voice command. I dislike the Enform implementation and will likely only use BT audio streaming for pandora. Would've gladly pay a couple hundred for a proper phone holder and use Waze for navigation. Found this thread because I was looking for solution to safely and quickly disable irrelevant routing, LOL.

Thanks for all the useful info!
Old 01-13-14, 09:16 PM
Nismo
Rookie

Originally Posted by GS4fun
Hi Everyone,

1st time GS owner here. This is a great forum. Took delivery of a 2013 Pearl Lux this past weekend. Love the car, hate the NAV and voice command. I dislike the Enform implementation and will likely only use BT audio streaming for pandora. Would've gladly pay a couple hundred for a proper phone holder and use Waze for navigation. Found this thread because I was looking for solution to safely and quickly disable irrelevant routing, LOL.

The Enform Pandora app built into the car is much better than simply streaming Pandora from the app on your phone. Try Enform for a while and I think you'll grow to like it. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good.

And as a side note... as a driver in a big city, one of my pet peeves is people who drive with the steering wheel in one hand and their smart phone in the other. Been hit by these idiots twice in the last year and I only see the problem getting worse. Enform isn't perfect, but it's better than drivers trying to operate their phone while driving.
Old 01-15-14, 09:20 PM
jmarias
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GS4fun
Hi Everyone,

Having had the GS for coming on 20 months now, I hear you and sympathize. I have worked through a couple of things similar to your questions. At least they seem to be working for me. Although I constantly tweak the solutions....

I agree with you about the Pandora/Enform solution. But I do think the Lexus solution is better than the phone in my set up (Android Motorola Droid Mini). But you have to have it up on the main screen all the time when using it. That leads to the phone mount.....

Given that I want Pandora or radio or satellite on the main screen (or occasional IHeart radio), I want Nav or better on the phone screen in a great place. I also use Waze and love it!. Back of that, I use Car Home Ultra for everything else, home cams, text, ..etc...But that measn you need a great mount. Try the Mountek nGroove Universal CD slot mount. It mounts in the CD slot which is at a perfect location. Easy to use and remove if you have to do so. But my guess is that you don't use the CD slot for anything. Search for my other posts and you will see a picture of it in use. It's a great mount! (You can send me the difference from the couple of hundred you are willing to pay vs. what it costs! ) This is really a great combo set-up!

To my own expense, I have learned to laugh when people post things like "Maybe Lexus will send an update to do x, y, or z". This is my 6th or 7th Lexus since 1999. One thing I have learned is that even though they might put in the hooks for actual downloaded updates, they just don't do it! It's stupid, anti-customer and when it becomes important to the more than the average buyer, it will drive people away. (I'm looking seriously at Audi now). You should expect that what you have when you drive off from the showroom is what you will have at end-of-life or end-of-lease. I have commented (b*tched) about it but no one except the lawyers are listening. Pretty sad course of events actually.

Luck!

Jim
Old 01-16-14, 03:36 PM
Badconexun
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2013 GS450h with map version V6613550. I do not have the "pause guidance" voice command.

Can anyone with a 2013 GS350/450h confirm their map version and whether or not they have the "pause guidance" voice command feature?

I talked to the tech team and service dept at my dealer today and they all said the 2013 models don't have it, but I see atleast 1 person on this forum with a 13 GS that does have it.

I'll update my maps if I know it adds to my voice command list.

HELP!
Old 01-16-14, 04:13 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Badconexun
I have a 2013 GS450h with map version V6613550. I do not have the "pause guidance" voice command.

Can anyone with a 2013 GS350/450h confirm their map version and whether or not they have the "pause guidance" voice command feature?

I talked to the tech team and service dept at my dealer today and they all said the 2013 models don't have it, but I see atleast 1 person on this forum with a 13 GS that does have it.

HELP!
Are your expanded voice commands on? Menu, Setup, Voice, Expanded Voice commands
Old 01-16-14, 06:56 PM
JellyBean
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Badconexun

HELP!
I was the one who earlier posted that my 2013 GS Lux responds to the "pause guidance" and "resume guidance" voice commands. The car is on version V6614000. Hope it helps.
Old 01-16-14, 07:24 PM
Badconexun
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info JellyBean.

I also turned on my expanded voice command tonight. I'll check tmrw morning on my way to work if it works.
Old 01-16-14, 10:09 PM
Joji
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the version info
My map sw is on V6613910

Looks like I need to go to dealer to get it updated
Old 01-17-14, 05:47 AM
Badconexun
Driver School Candidate

Confirmed that expanded voice command ON does not provide "pause guidance" with my map version software. Those of us with a 13GS will need jellybeans software version.
Old 01-24-14, 03:54 PM
GS4fun
Driver School Candidate

FWIW, I called Lexus to log a complaint about the inability to pause or stop navigation and that voice guidance speak over the phone conversation instead of automatically silence itself. During the complaint, the representative put me on hold to "research" the problem, but then came back to tell me that they are sorry about the "feature" LOL. They did not offer any additional explanation or update.

I know that WAZE also speak direction over the phone conversation. But, I didn't pay over grand even for the phone to run waze (free app, btw).

bottom line, 2013 GS NAV should be free. IMO, it's really a hazard. I called the 800-255-3987 then pressed 5 for comments and complaint.

Anyways, just want you all to know that I did my part.
Old 02-25-14, 02:14 PM
CBarr31
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JellyBean
I was the one who earlier posted that my 2013 GS Lux responds to the "pause guidance" and "resume guidance" voice commands. The car is on version V6614000. Hope it helps.
So it looks like we need to update the Map Version to V6614000 to have at least some of the functions available in decade old Prii, lol.

Does the new version also correct the navigation issues with talking during phone calls and not lowering radio volume when giving directions?

Thanks for the update.

Chris
Old 02-25-14, 02:51 PM
Tom450
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a 2013 gsh and updated the Nav last month to version V661400 which is the latest. This was software and firmware update. Just checked the voice commands and "Pause Guidance" and Resume Guidance" works. I also tried Cancel Guidance-no go but "Cancel" comes back as the Pause Guidance" command. Did not try anything else yet.
Old 02-25-14, 03:34 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom450
I have a 2013 gsh and updated the Nav last month to version V661400 which is the latest. This was software and firmware update. Just checked the voice commands and "Pause Guidance" and Resume Guidance" works. I also tried Cancel Guidance-no go but "Cancel" comes back as the Pause Guidance" command. Did not try anything else yet.
"Delete Destination" ?

Quick Reply: Voice command to suspend guidance?