GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Enform question

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-13, 04:58 PM
arkie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enform question

I am new to Enform, and I am having a problem. Sometimes I can connect and sometimes not. For the record my wife and I both have iPhone 4S phones, and I am mainly interested in Pandora. I sometimes get in the car and the car is connected to the wife's phone (which does not have Enform loaded), so I will connect mine and start my Enform app. No matter what I do I get a damn screen that tells me to call an 800 number to get help, so I give up stream Bluetooth instead of using the Pandora app. The next time I get in the car and try to get to the apps, it works. Any idea what I need to do differently? Is there a sequence of steps that I need to follow.

BTW, I think Enform is a POS that should work and be free. This is my third Lexus, and this is the first disappointing Lexus experience that I have had.
Old 01-02-13, 06:28 PM
mush
Pole Position

tried it once... too much work IMO
i just use a USB stick for mp3 or connect the phone via bluetooth and using the pandora/iheartradio app on the phone
Old 01-02-13, 06:35 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The problem is not the car but the fact that you have enform on 1 phone and not the other one (wife). You can rearrange the phone preferences to connect to your phone first. Also Iphone 4S have issues with enform because they do not run the apps in the background t like the later Iphones and Androids. This allows the phone to automatically turn on the enform app when it detects bluetooth connection to the Lexus. Its a common issue with apples and not the car. Sorry. I have 0 problems with my enform in 10 months and my motorola droid razr maxx phone, I am tech guy and I know how the system works and I am very impressed with the enform and its not POS at all. Just go to your dealer and get the tech guy to go through everything with you properly and fix the issue.
Old 01-02-13, 06:35 PM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by arkie
I am new to Enform, and I am having a problem. Sometimes I can connect and sometimes not. For the record my wife and I both have iPhone 4S phones, and I am mainly interested in Pandora. I sometimes get in the car and the car is connected to the wife's phone (which does not have Enform loaded), so I will connect mine and start my Enform app. No matter what I do I get a damn screen that tells me to call an 800 number to get help, so I give up stream Bluetooth instead of using the Pandora app. The next time I get in the car and try to get to the apps, it works. Any idea what I need to do differently? Is there a sequence of steps that I need to follow.

BTW, I think Enform is a POS that should work and be free. This is my third Lexus, and this is the first disappointing Lexus experience that I have had.
Enform and Pandora work for me about 90% of the time. I prefer it to BT streaming, but when my subscription expires, I probably will just stream Pandora with BT. The other apps are worthless to me.
Old 01-03-13, 06:53 AM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

Is Enform not free after awhile? I didn't realize that I was enjoying a free trial. How long is it supposed to last?
Old 01-03-13, 06:58 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Modeler
Is Enform not free after awhile? I didn't realize that I was enjoying a free trial. How long is it supposed to last?
1 year free.

Lexus Enform® with Safety Connect® [1][2][3][4]
Includes:
Destination Assist
eDestination
One-Year Included After Annual fee is $264.90

Safety Connect® [1][3] Only
Includes:
Enhanced Roadside Assistance [4]
Emergency Assistance Button (SOS)
Stolen Vehicle Location
Automatic Collision Notification
One-Year Included After Annual fee is $139.95
Old 01-03-13, 02:07 PM
ECL
Instructor

Originally Posted by Joeb427
1 year free.

Lexus Enform® with Safety Connect® [1][2][3][4]
Includes:
Destination Assist
eDestination
One-Year Included After Annual fee is $264.90

Safety Connect® [1][3] Only
Includes:
Enhanced Roadside Assistance [4]
Emergency Assistance Button (SOS)
Stolen Vehicle Location
Automatic Collision Notification
One-Year Included After Annual fee is $139.95
Plus the app suite is an additional $7.00 a month!
Old 01-03-13, 02:34 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ECL
with those numbers,Toyota couldn't throw in the APPs.
Old 01-03-13, 03:07 PM
SoCal1984
Rookie

Originally Posted by ECL
Are you telling me you have to pay $7.00 a month to use the app suite that streams pandora from your phone to the car? this doesn't sound right.
Old 01-03-13, 03:27 PM
hypnotika
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the difference between streaming Pandora via BT versus Enform? Data is still streamed from our phone's data plan right? Enform is just another platform to access Pandora?
Old 01-03-13, 05:55 PM
ECL
Instructor

Originally Posted by hypnotika
What's the difference between streaming Pandora via BT versus Enform? Data is still streamed from our phone's data plan right? Enform is just another platform to access Pandora?
With the app, you see pretty pictures of the album covers. That's about it. You just convinced me not to renew the Enform subscription. Pandora with commercials is free. For $3 a month, it is commercial free.
Old 01-04-13, 07:32 PM
Liphotoman
Driver School Candidate

As someone stated earlier, Enform is truly a POS!
It does nothing.
The phone gets hot and drains battery quickly when on.
Trying to them connect to the car is futile. The car tells me I have to have the Enform App running on my phone, but it is! The phone gives me a mesage telling me "an intermittent failure has occures with the third party provider" but the Intermittent appears to be permanent.

And then they charge for this too!

This is just truly pathetic.
Old 01-04-13, 07:38 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Liphotoman
As someone stated earlier, Enform is truly a POS!
It does nothing.
The phone gets hot and drains battery quickly when on.
Trying to them connect to the car is futile. The car tells me I have to have the Enform App running on my phone, but it is! The phone gives me a mesage telling me "an intermittent failure has occures with the third party provider" but the Intermittent appears to be permanent.

And then they charge for this too!

This is just truly pathetic.
Try to be more educative about what the problem really is. Its your phone and not enform. The problem lies with the Iphone not running apps in the background like Androids which are smarter and allow the phone to connect to Enform without you have to turn on the app every time you get into the car and to link it over and over. The problem again is the phone. I have no issues with android phones in this car. The iphone background processing is a bit limited and I know that because I do some programming. Apple wants to quit all programs when its not being used and that makes it harder for car to connect to phone to turn on the enform automatically. With my Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, the enform app is in standby mode until I get into the car and it links the bluetooth and automatically turns on the enform app. IT does NOT drain battery anymore than any other application. I am a Apple guy with all apple products at home but when the phone I got tired of the Iphone limitations and got the Android and I have NO issues with enform. The newer Iphone has little issues with the car compared to the Iphone 4 and 4s.
Old 01-04-13, 07:45 PM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rexus300
Try to be more educative about what the problem really is. Its your phone and not enform. The problem lies with the Iphone not running apps in the background like Androids which are smarter and allow the phone to connect to Enform without you have to turn on the app every time you get into the car and to link it over and over. The problem again is the phone. I have no issues with android phones in this car. The iphone background processing is a bit limited and I know that because I do some programming. Apple wants to quit all programs when its not being used and that makes it harder for car to connect to phone to turn on the enform automatically. With my Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, the enform app is in standby mode until I get into the car and it links the bluetooth and automatically turns on the enform app. IT does NOT drain battery anymore than any other application. I am a Apple guy with all apple products at home but when the phone I got tired of the Iphone limitations and got the Android and I have NO issues with enform. The newer Iphone has little issues with the car compared to the Iphone 4 and 4s.
Are you saying that eDestination feature works for you on the Android version of Enform?
Old 01-04-13, 07:47 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Modeler
Are you saying that eDestination feature works for you on the Android version of Enform?
I love the edestination feature. I pretty much use all the features with no issues. Its a great set up. I am hoping they will add google search so I can find things quicker when driving like in my Audi.

Quick Reply: Enform question