Search this Thread

Old 02-14-13, 08:14 AM
jsch222
Advanced

Received 258 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by SW10ES
Do you guys park in garages? If so you need this:

Optimum No Rinse: http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-no-rinse.html

Lifesaver in the winter, all you need is a bucket of water, a microfiber sponge (what I prefer), and a waffle weave MF towel. I wash the car in the garage in the winter.

100% safe, look for e videos on YouTube.
+1 for this product. Just tried it for the first time last week and ZERO complaints.
Old 02-14-13, 12:42 PM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SW10ES
Do you guys park in garages? If so you need this:

Optimum No Rinse: http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-no-rinse.html

Lifesaver in the winter, all you need is a bucket of water, a microfiber sponge (what I prefer), and a waffle weave MF towel. I wash the car in the garage in the winter.

100% safe, look for e videos on YouTube.
I agree - except for the "a bucket of water" - I rely on the two bucket method instead
I intend to use this in the summers too (not a whole lot of shade in the driveway - TX = hot summers)
Old 02-18-13, 09:58 AM
JOELC
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

HOLD OFF ON BUYING THE PADS!!!!!

I was told by EBC in the U.S. that these will fit. However, based on HIZGSF's inquiry I did some more research. I then got Three different answers from three different people at EBC!! The U.S. office is telling me that there is no distinction in their specs so that usually means they are the same application. Another guy at EBC said the pads will work because pads and calipers are the same regardless of year. He did not know however if the rotors were bigger in the FSport. I then called the UK head office. They didnt know and could not confirm. I then called Lexus who said they have two different brake pad parts for the GS and the Fsport.

So now I am unsure myself.

I will probably cancel my order now based on this new info. What I need to do is find a shop that has them in and can compare the OEM pad with the EBC pad side by side as it seems even the manufacturer themselves don't know for sure if they will fit. I will continue my search and report back when I find more info.
Old 03-22-13, 12:27 AM
mso4
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JOELC
HOLD OFF ON BUYING THE PADS!!!!!

I was told by EBC in the U.S. that these will fit. However, based on HIZGSF's inquiry I did some more research. I then got Three different answers from three different people at EBC!! The U.S. office is telling me that there is no distinction in their specs so that usually means they are the same application. Another guy at EBC said the pads will work because pads and calipers are the same regardless of year. He did not know however if the rotors were bigger in the FSport. I then called the UK head office. They didnt know and could not confirm. I then called Lexus who said they have two different brake pad parts for the GS and the Fsport.

So now I am unsure myself.

I will probably cancel my order now based on this new info. What I need to do is find a shop that has them in and can compare the OEM pad with the EBC pad side by side as it seems even the manufacturer themselves don't know for sure if they will fit. I will continue my search and report back when I find more info.

Any new update on this?
Old 03-25-13, 05:23 AM
JOELC
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default No word yet

Hi, unfortunately nothing in the plans as of yet. I called Hawk, EBC, Raybestos, Akebono, Street Plus and everyone said nothing in the plans. EBC told me if I sent them a set of pads with the clips and backplate they would speed up the process, but the package is $350+ and I dont know what the shipping would cost to U.K.!! I just dont know why these companies wouldnt get on it asap. There is a market out there.

We just have to wait it out.
Old 03-25-13, 06:20 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Coming from a '11 VR6 CC VW that had lots of break dust, can anyone give a comparison to how bad the F Sport brakes are on the rear wheel drive variant? I'll agree, it is certainly a pain to keep cleaning them off, but at least I've got 3 yrs of experience.
Old 03-25-13, 07:31 AM
ronfsp
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Got a set of Akebono ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set for my GS250 F Sport front brakes. Very good pads! The bite is there, very little to no dust! Really like no dust! No brake noise & it doesn't require bedding in! The brake pad for my 250 F Sport is the same as the non F Sport GS350. So non F Sport GS350 bro should really try this set of pads! I canguarantee u wun regret it. Below is the link...

Akebono ACT1118 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set : Amazon.com : Automotive Akebono ACT1118 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set : Amazon.com : Automotive
Old 03-25-13, 08:49 AM
ChuH
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default May have a solution

http://www.bendixcatalog.com/Applica...13&engine=1383

Never heard of the company Bendix (part of Honeywell).

Maybe the moderator can merge our posts.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...r-f-sport.html
Old 03-26-13, 07:31 AM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about different Lexus pads. The 3rd generation GS suffered from break dust, people complained, and Lexus issued different replacement pads that were completely dust-free. I had them replaced on my 2007 GS. We should all complain to Lexus!
Old 03-26-13, 07:50 AM
hypnotized
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My wheels are chipped severely from a combination of 4 things: salt, likely wheel cleaners, possibly brake dust, and possibly low quality paint. Lexus offers a wheel refinishing service for $800, so alternatively I purchased another set of wheels. The service tech I spoke with said it is a very common problem with Toyota wheels, hence the service. I assume brake dust is compounding the issue because my front wheels noticeably have more brake dust and paint issues. Maybe the dust is helping bond the salt to the wheels as well. Anyways it is very difficult to combat with my current pads.

My questions are

1) I have Duralast CMAX Ceremic Pads I am about to install (Autozone). Can anyone comment on their brake dust output?

2) Has anyone had their wheels refinished professionally by someone like MAACO?
Old 03-26-13, 07:56 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

i gotta say how much brake dust do you all get. I get some brake dust which is normal for these performance brakes. BMW is 10x worse I can drive about 5 miles and my rim is completely covered in thick brake dust. Can someone post a pic of the amount of brake dust you get, I'm very curious!
Old 03-26-13, 09:04 AM
Outrage
Lead Lap

I suspect individuals not used to owning a vehicle with semi-metallic brake pads would tend to notice the increased dust, which is also darker, versus previous ceramic brake pad equipped vehicles. I suspect Lexus choose the more aggressive semi-metallic brake pad material since it provides superior performance.
Old 03-26-13, 04:48 PM
Whitena
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought Lexus already went through this with 3rd gen.
Old 03-26-13, 10:10 PM
betashave
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hypnotized
1) I have Duralast CMAX Ceremic Pads I am about to install (Autozone). Can anyone comment on their brake dust output?
I had these installed on my Shelby GT500 and have been very pleased. They are quiet and minimize the brake dust (which was pretty heavy with the stock pads on that car too). Definitely considering these pads for our GS350 since AutoZone has them available for the non-Fsport GS.

I will add that the brake dust seems to be much less of an issue on our GS since we had OptiCoat applied. Much reduced brake dust on the wheels and what there is cleans off very easily. In fact, so far I'm more impressed with what OptiCoat did for the wheels than for the rest of the car.
Old 03-28-13, 12:35 AM
TCKeyz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bnlexus
I saw my neighbor washing his car with his jacket on when it was about 40ish outside. I love my car but cant do it. He was washing with his naked hands too. Its too cold for me. On the other hand I agree with you on the car grinders esp. we have a black car. I saw a brand new black 4gs rolling into a shell grinder a few months ago when it wasnt even cold, my heart ached.
Sorry if this reply is too late, but for next and upcoming winters, it's actually very fun to wash your car if you do it RIGHT! Simply fill the soap and rinse buckets with HOT/WARM water. It's the small things that makes the difference

Quick Reply: Hell Lots Of Brake Dusts!!!