GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Was Ready to Purchase a GS!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-12, 10:04 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm glad your very successful in your field. It really has nothing to do with the auto industry and how things work behind the scene.

If you check the 3gen GS section a member just purchase a used 07 GSh for 25k (retail) that's one example live from a fellow member. Unless this person walked in and paid full asking price it shows they are over 25k asking price. I have no reason to "make" up information that I have posted. Only trying to help someone out with something that is "fair" and not getting bent over. I know your good with numbers so I wont put the profit from trad-in to retail. This doesn't include money made on the loan of the car unless paid in full with cash. Yes any business needs to make profit to stay in business.

The fee to sell a car to another region is minimal. I have sold and purchased cars from other areas for several reasons. Wholesale profit actually helps the bottom line of any dealer in many ways I won't discuss on here.

I was on the other side of the fence myself and felt most of your methods/approaches were accurate until I started to work in the field. I also came from a very successful sales background but walked away for a family emergency and started to wholesale. I just know "too" much of what they do and its pretty bad. I fell bad for what most consumers have to deal with. You may think your negotiating a good deal, I thought so myself, but like someone just posted "I got my car for invoice or below" they have something coming to them.

I leased my cars for business reasons and always walked from my car, with extremely high mileage, prior to lease end with a credit applied to my new car. Having only paid for average lease mileage and driving upwards of 30k a year I was pretty happy.

At the end of the day if your happy your the one paying. I will only share accurate info that many won't/don't have access to.
Old 12-23-12, 10:26 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

That's one sale from a fellow member. What was the mileage of that car, was it modified? Was it in the OP's region? One data point doesn't make a case.

Lay out for me how my approach cost me money? How is one supposed to determine a fair deal and a fair trade in value, if not to use comparable sales?

Last edited by SW17LS; 12-23-12 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-23-12, 10:40 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

4 years ago I traded in my 2001 GS300 for 2008 GS, they gave me only $7,500 for it. A week later, the car was on their website with a price tag of $14,000.
Old 12-23-12, 03:19 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SW10ES
That's one sale from a fellow member. What was the mileage of that car, was it modified? Was it in the OP's region? One data point doesn't make a case.
Its over in the 3gen Section....

2007 GS450h
77k miles
ML Audio/Nav
Sport/Norm suspension

Lay out for me how my approach cost me money? How is one supposed to determine a fair deal and a fair trade in value, if not to use comparable sales?
Just keep doing what your doing you seem to have it under control
Old 12-23-12, 03:35 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Ok so I guess today was a good day. Carmax sucks they offered me 15k lower than my other offer. I went to the dealership that I service my car at and they offered me 23K so guess it worked out. I will post pics, hopefully I can pic it up tomorrow but most likely they are saying after christmas.
Old 12-23-12, 03:40 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

you All are something else. Its a shame all the back and forth finerpointing has to go on. That is not what this Forum is intended for. I will check later and see what the Final score is. Poor OP his situation and reason to post got totally lost. SW...FWIW...it seems you do take everything personal if someone doesnt agree 100%...they are just opinions...let it be u need to relax some as the "Holiday Season" comes upon us. I know i have had couple disagreements with you in the past and you let me know who was right. Again it's ok if someone has a different opinion than you...let it roll.....DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALLY. I totally agree with both of you....100% lol.
To all the' Lexus owners enjoy the Holiday Season & be Safe through your Travels' !!
Old 12-23-12, 03:51 PM
bigblack06

Orginally I went in for a used one but it was sold, so guess brand new was in my favor.
Was Ready to Purchase a GS!!-photo-1.jpg

Was Ready to Purchase a GS!!-photo-3.jpg

Was Ready to Purchase a GS!!-photo-7.jpg

Was Ready to Purchase a GS!!-photo-10.jpg

Was Ready to Purchase a GS!!-photo-4.jpg
Old 12-23-12, 03:52 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Ok so I guess today was a good day. Carmax sucks they offered me 15k lower than my other offer. I went to the dealership that I service my car at and they offered me 23K so guess it worked out. I will post pics, hopefully I can pic it up tomorrow but most likely they are saying after christmas.
looks like you are close...hopefully you can close deal after Christmas break and bring home a new GS350 WHICH is what this is all about.
Old 12-23-12, 04:00 PM
bigblack06

I gotta say this thing has some power, I mean I didn't think it would be that fast has pretty good passing power. Thanks all for your help!

Was Ready to Purchase a GS!!-photo-5.jpg

Was Ready to Purchase a GS!!-photo-6.jpg

Was Ready to Purchase a GS!!-photo-9.jpg
Old 12-23-12, 04:08 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Nice! welcome to 4GS club
Old 12-23-12, 04:10 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Congrats! That's great! Glad it worked out.

Originally Posted by JRey350hou
you All are something else. Its a shame all the back and forth finerpointing has to go on. That is not what this Forum is intended for. I will check later and see what the Final score is. Poor OP his situation and reason to post got totally lost. SW...FWIW...it seems you do take everything personal if someone doesnt agree 100%...they are just opinions...
LOL, I don't see how the OP's situation was lost at all. Looks like he made it work out, got the price he wanted for his car from another dealer and got his new GS, which if i remember correctly is what i told him to do...get multiple appraisals and offers. My only point was people are way too quick to vilify dealers for trying to maximize their profits. If you go into a negotiation understanding that's what they are going to try and do, and arm yourself with your own data and options you'll be more successful with less stress. He should enjoy his new GS and not even give the first dealer a second thought, the dealer he did the deal with wanted his business and his trade more than the first dealer.

I would venture to say there is a lot for people to learn from reading this exchange.

I actually take absolutely nothing on a forum personally. However, I know what I'm talking about when it comes to certain subjects and I'm going to voice and defend my opinion. Subjects I don't know much about I stay quiet about. I enjoy talking about these subjects with people...which is why I'm on a forum. So please, disagree with me whenever you like so we can have a good discussion.

Last edited by SW17LS; 12-23-12 at 04:16 PM.
Old 12-23-12, 04:16 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SW10ES
Congrats! That's great! Glad it worked out.

LOL, I don't see how the OP's situation was lost at all. Looks like he made it work out, got the price he wanted for his car from another dealer and got his new GS, which if i remember correctly is what i told him to do...get multiple appraisals and offers. My only point was people are way too quick to vilify dealers for trying to maximize their profits. If you go into a negotiation understanding that's what they are going to try and do, and arm yourself with your own data and options you'll be more successful with less stress. He should enjoy his new GS and not even give the first dealer a second thought, the dealer he did the deal with wanted his business and his trade more than the first dealer.

I actually take absolutely nothing on a forum personally. However, I know what I'm talking about when it comes to certain subjects and I'm going to voice and defend my opinion. Subjects I don't know much about I stay quiet about. I enjoy talking about these subjects with people...which is why I'm on a forum. So please, disagree so we can have a good discussion.
Ok Steve, sounds good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-23-12, 04:17 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

There ya go!
Old 12-23-12, 04:42 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

when i read your 1st post i knew you were going to do the damn thing. congratz, let us know what you think of her after you have some time behind the wheel. IOW give us your review. once again congratz... and enjoy her. everything happens for a reason. BTW i see you went silver.... can't stay away from that silver huh...

Last edited by sydtoosic; 12-23-12 at 04:46 PM.
Old 12-23-12, 05:12 PM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
when i read your 1st post i knew you were going to do the damn thing. congratz, let us know what you think of her after you have some time behind the wheel. IOW give us your review. once again congratz... and enjoy her. everything happens for a reason. BTW i see you went silver.... can't stay away from that silver huh...
Lol the salesmen said the same thing, I said silver has always been my choice. The only first is I have never owned a AWD GS so not sure how the difference will be but I guess I will see. Hey I was looking through the options the salesmen gave me and I see Bi-Xenon lights but does the F-Sport not come with adaptive lighting.

Quick Reply: Was Ready to Purchase a GS!!