GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Why is there a shortage of 2013 GS F Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-12, 09:34 AM
buffguy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why is there a shortage of 2013 GS F Sport?

Hi, new to the forums, I was looking to buy a GS F sport in Nebula Grey with black interior (or even cabernet) and ML Radio this week, but there is none to be found.

I searched the online inventory for southern california and there is only 32 f sports and most of those are sold and long gone. I wish the online search inventory was more accurate and upto date.

Is there a reason for this shortage? Is it due to the lease special? I asked the salesmen about ordering one from scratch and he told me it would take 4months to 1 years for it to come here. I don't know if he is he was lying or not, but that's would be too long to wait.

I guess my best bet is to wait a few months and hopefully one gets shipped here. Anyone else having problems looking for the gs that they want? Hopefully I can become a lexus family member soon.
Old 12-21-12, 09:42 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

4 months to 1 year i think that's quite BS.

but regarding the supply, i think it has to do with supply. lexus can only bring so many cars over, and with the booming ES (among other new cars), lexus will have to make the call.

if you go in and order your car, it shouldn't take more than 3 months max.
Old 12-21-12, 10:59 AM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by buffguy
Hi, new to the forums, I was looking to buy a GS F sport in Nebula Grey with black interior (or even cabernet) and ML Radio this week, but there is none to be found.

I searched the online inventory for southern california and there is only 32 f sports and most of those are sold and long gone. I wish the online search inventory was more accurate and upto date.

Is there a reason for this shortage? Is it due to the lease special? I asked the salesmen about ordering one from scratch and he told me it would take 4months to 1 years for it to come here. I don't know if he is he was lying or not, but that's would be too long to wait.

I guess my best bet is to wait a few months and hopefully one gets shipped here. Anyone else having problems looking for the gs that they want? Hopefully I can become a lexus family member soon.
go to keyes lexus in van nuys, i got mine 2 weeks ago and they actually have quite a few f sports.

they had a couple grey (one w red interior one w black), and a lot of silvers.

go see Jay in sales, tell him Garen sent you! :
Old 12-21-12, 12:15 PM
Malu59RT
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To answer your question, yes, it's a result of the lease specials. I was trying to purchase a Mark Levinson equipped GS350 F-Sport, and wanted starfire/black, and had to get one shipped from Florida, as there were no other cars anywhere to be found. However, I know Park Place Grapevine has the EXACT car you are looking for in inventory, I saw it there myself last week. From what I understand, the cars here are spec'd slightly differently, and we get HUD with Mark Levinson. Not sure if you can get the one from Park Place, or if it has to be built specifically for California, but hope you can! MSRP is $60,218 but I believe they include the accessory package for $300. I know Park Place will sell that car for $54k if you take delivery before end of the year.
Old 12-21-12, 12:41 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

have you tried CARS.COM
Old 12-21-12, 01:35 PM
stick22
Driver

modthispny is right. i was just at keyes this weekend looking for an fsport and they had at least 3 nebula greys with black interiors there. they also had a liquid platinum/cab combo. longo had a nebula grey/black and a red/black f sport as well.

i would just contact a bunch of dealers online and carsdirect as well to see what they have.
Old 12-21-12, 01:51 PM
Chuck W.
Rookie

I have shopped a lot of car brands over the years and Lexus' dealer inventories are the worst I have seen. Colors and options are a challenge. It was bad enough that I had to special order my car to get the options (specifically HUD and Radar Cruise) I wanted. I have read post from the east coast that they have the same problem.

Three to four months will fly by and the wait to get what you want is well worth it.
Old 12-21-12, 02:48 PM
hypnotika
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You shouldn't have a lot of trouble finding that color combo in SoCal. Just check the 30+ dealerships via online inquiry.
Old 12-21-12, 03:10 PM
rlj4246
Pole Position

Ordered mine and it took 3 months and two weeks and it was worth it to me.
Old 12-21-12, 03:18 PM
hypnotika
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, 2 weeks ago Longo Lexus had a Nebula Grey w/ a WALD kit for sale.
Old 12-21-12, 03:25 PM
buffguy
Rookie

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. The park place lexus has the color combo but it was a demo car.

I called keyes lexus in van nuys and spoke to a different gentlemen because Jay wasn't available and he told me that they have nebula grey and red in stock and that he can get the nebula grey and black for me from somewhere else. He told me to come in asap if I wanted the car. I then called Jay from the same dealership because modthispny recommended him. At least Jay was truthful, because he said they didn't have the color combo in stock and that he couldn't located them. I would be mad if I would have driven all the way there for nothing.
Old 12-21-12, 04:31 PM
patricksr5
Pole Position

Have you looked at Northern CA...Pleasanton or Stevens Creek Lexus?
Old 12-21-12, 05:22 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

go on ebay. every other new gs is a f sport version. not sure whats up with that.
Old 12-21-12, 08:18 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

It took me about 2 months to get the combo I wanted, but that was early in the year when it first came out. It was already on the dealer's order list and had ML and HUD.

And it seems to be more of a shortage of F Sport with the right color combos and equipment than a shortage of F Sports in general. You may have to order. If you want the car with your exact specifications, it is worth the wait.
Old 12-22-12, 12:36 AM
capture1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Malu59RT
To answer your question, yes, it's a result of the lease specials. I was trying to purchase a Mark Levinson equipped GS350 F-Sport, and wanted starfire/black, and had to get one shipped from Florida, as there were no other cars anywhere to be found. However, I know Park Place Grapevine has the EXACT car you are looking for in inventory, I saw it there myself last week. From what I understand, the cars here are spec'd slightly differently, and we get HUD with Mark Levinson. Not sure if you can get the one from Park Place, or if it has to be built specifically for California, but hope you can! MSRP is $60,218 but I believe they include the accessory package for $300. I know Park Place will sell that car for $54k if you take delivery before end of the year.
What lease specials? Is it the Dec money factor at .00049?

Quick Reply: Why is there a shortage of 2013 GS F Sport?