Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 4GS owner vehicles

Conservative build tread- Fire Agate Pearl/Flaxen Interior

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-13, 07:32 AM
jscgs350
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=TriniGS;7806112]Here you go. I'm not a fan of the sides or rear but the front seems to belong on the car.

http://lexus.jp/models/gs/fsport/index.html

http://www.modellista.co.jp/product/gs/index.html

Thanks! I'm on the fence about yes/no on the chrome. If you get some pics in the sun please let us know, otherwise, I like it. Congrats!
Old 03-07-13, 09:34 AM
LexFather

Trini, bro...nice work...we need to have the wive's drive us around soon for a mini-meet and pics
Old 03-25-13, 11:14 AM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fuh sure. Need to make it happen but you're a busy man. Heard your Assistants has Assistants. You doing it P Diddy style.
Old 03-25-13, 11:45 AM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Okay got the lip painted and installed last week. Good news she likes it. Not so good news, she scraped it within an hour lol. She called me as soon as it happen. I was hoping for the worst but it got scraped on the bottom so no love lost.

Arhhhh there goes the chances of springs.

Anyhow here it is. I have since installed the silver piece at the bottom (no pics yet). I think it accentuates the spindle grill and have to admit the lip looks likes it belongs on the car. I can see why its a factory option in Japan.

From the angle of the picture I see where the car can be transformed into a coupe. Not to sure about the side profile looking coupe-ish but I see potential for the front lol.

Wow something still cannot believe I actually like the 4Gen GS. I hated the darn thing a year ago.
Attached Thumbnails Conservative build tread- Fire Agate Pearl/Flaxen Interior-photo-6-.jpg  
Old 03-25-13, 02:33 PM
jscgs350
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that I can see it in more light I like it even better, very nice! I can imagine the chrome piece at the bottom, and I would agree that it would look good too.

How much lower did the front go after the install?
Old 03-25-13, 02:40 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

lookin good Trini.... i liked it better without the chrome lip piece but now that i look at it, the chrome piece will accent the chrome surround on the grill. go with the chrome piece, it looks a little plain (just a little) without it. what's next?
Old 09-13-13, 09:14 AM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Well its been a while since I've update so here is an update. Her car is now completed. She loves the overall look of it unfortunately she does not drive it as much since we got an RX. I'm actually exploring the idea of installing coil-overs to get than medium between the RSR Down and Super Down plus she gets the added benefit of dampening with the coil-overs. Thats more a mod for me than for her , lets see how that goes since she is quite happy with her springs, not trying to rock the boat.

Ready to take it to few car meets now

MODS LIST

RSR DOWN SPRINGS
The car been dropped about a month but only been driven about 200 mines. I think the springs have settled now. The drop is very conservative, this is the ride height it should be from the factory. Come on Lexus. The RSR down Springs still maintained that factory smooth ride, its a little firmer and maintains factory alignment specs. Definitely a great set of springs for the conservative drop from a reputable company. I believe this was one of the first companies to offer springs for the GS350 community. Support them because they been supporting us. Got these directly from RSR, they also have the Super Down Springs and Coil-overs.

VOSSEN CV4
Wow, want can I say or not say about about Vossens, CV4, F-32+ 20x9, R-45+ 20x10.5. The quality of these wheels are great and aesthetically they are beautiful. She loves the wheels it seems like an upgraded factory option. Her first choice was actually the CV-7 in Matte Graphite Machined but there was already someone on the forum with a fire-agate and CV7's. I may actually still change out to those wheels since that is actually what she wanted. I'm starting to trust her modding choices now. She saw a Panamera tastefully done with some wheels the other day and shook her head and said that's nice, want me to take a picture for you lol.

Big up blueprint for guidance on drop and wheels and letting me know the wifey can ride clean too. Her Vossens ROCK...

Continental Tires
Went with these mainly for the tread-wear and warranty. Went with F-245/35/20 and R-285/30/20 but the tires seem to have a little bit of stretch. Other brands on same size did not.

Modellista Front Lip (Japan factory Option)
Definitely one the best front lip spoilers for the Non-Fsports. This is sold in Japan as a factory option and not in the US. Lexus USA made a huge mistake by not making it available here because it softens the controversial front end. Its all subjective but I'm a lot of people did not get the GS because of the front end. Anyhow great lip first in the US. L-tuned parts took care of me.

MudGuards (Japan factory Option)
Another factory option not available in the US but I got it for functionality as apposed to looks. Its really unnoticeable unless I mention it. Got these from Nigel JDM parts.

Factory Rear Tunck Spoiler
This was the first mod for the car. We did not choose this option during the buying process but these came from Sewell Lexus painted at a great price.

JC SportLine Carbon Fiber Roof Spoiler
Actually stumbled on this by mistake on AliExpress. The fitment is perfect and the quality seems good. I had her help me install it with double sided tape but we misaligned it during the install. To the common eye it still looks fine.
Attached Thumbnails Conservative build tread- Fire Agate Pearl/Flaxen Interior-photo-9-.jpg   Conservative build tread- Fire Agate Pearl/Flaxen Interior-photo-8-.jpg   Conservative build tread- Fire Agate Pearl/Flaxen Interior-side.jpg   Conservative build tread- Fire Agate Pearl/Flaxen Interior-photo-12-.jpg   Conservative build tread- Fire Agate Pearl/Flaxen Interior-photo-16-.jpg  

Old 09-13-13, 10:37 AM
terrycs
Instructor

Looks good! I assume no clearance issue with the lip?
Old 09-13-13, 03:59 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Very nice Trini... Car is looking sweet. Can't go wrong with CV4s. You have to bring her to a meet so I can see her.
Old 09-13-13, 09:57 PM
fraglerock
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too dope, looks great!
Old 09-17-13, 08:30 PM
RobertE
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks really sweet. Is the roof spoiler the one marked for the GS250 at AliExpress? Also who did you deal with at L-Tuned for the front lip. Again ride looks great
Old 09-19-13, 12:29 PM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by terrycs
Looks good! I assume no clearance issue with the lip?
NO clearance issues with the lip whatsoever. It actually still clears the parking space stop blocks.
Old 09-19-13, 12:29 PM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by fraglerock
Too dope, looks great!
Thanks thanks
Old 09-19-13, 12:34 PM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RobertE
Looks really sweet. Is the roof spoiler the one marked for the GS250 at AliExpress? Also who did you deal with at L-Tuned for the front lip. Again ride looks great
Yep that's the one from Ali Express. I was actually looking for new lip for my 3rd Gen GS and stumbled upon this. I dealt with Luis. The estimate was 8-10 weeks but I believe I got it within 6.
Old 12-12-13, 08:28 PM
LexFather

Any updates?

Quick Reply: Conservative build tread- Fire Agate Pearl/Flaxen Interior