Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 4GS owner vehicles

Conservative build tread- Fire Agate Pearl/Flaxen Interior

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-13, 04:10 PM
jscgs350
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking forward to see that front lip. Can you post a link to their site?
Old 03-06-13, 04:19 PM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It seems the material is very flexible so it's not polyurethane which is what i would of preferred. My Carson lip was polyurethane and it took a few good hits before it finally met its demise. Lets see how this lip holds up with the wife driving.

The Modellista came with an optional silver piece at the bottom but I'm not sure if to use it yet. I have test fit pictures.
Attached Thumbnails Conservative build tread- Fire Agate Pearl/Flaxen Interior-photo-14-.jpg  
Old 03-06-13, 04:57 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

The lip is already painted?
Old 03-06-13, 05:12 PM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Okay so here is a test fit with the silver bottom piece. I"m actually liking the look with it on. Wife loves it but she think the lip might be too low. Lets see when its installed. Hopefully it does not impede the chances of her getting lowering springs.
Attached Thumbnails Conservative build tread- Fire Agate Pearl/Flaxen Interior-photo-6-.jpg   Conservative build tread- Fire Agate Pearl/Flaxen Interior-photo-7-.jpg   Conservative build tread- Fire Agate Pearl/Flaxen Interior-photo-8-.jpg   Conservative build tread- Fire Agate Pearl/Flaxen Interior-photo-9-.jpg   Conservative build tread- Fire Agate Pearl/Flaxen Interior-photo-15-.jpg  

Old 03-06-13, 05:22 PM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Here are pictures without the silver piece.
Attached Thumbnails Conservative build tread- Fire Agate Pearl/Flaxen Interior-photo-10-.jpg   Conservative build tread- Fire Agate Pearl/Flaxen Interior-photo-11-.jpg   Conservative build tread- Fire Agate Pearl/Flaxen Interior-photo-12-.jpg   Conservative build tread- Fire Agate Pearl/Flaxen Interior-photo-13-.jpg   Conservative build tread- Fire Agate Pearl/Flaxen Interior-photo-16-.jpg  

Old 03-06-13, 05:22 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

so far so good Trini... i'm liking the MGs, from the pics you barely notice them. did you notice a decrease in dust on your back bumper and on the sides of the car? the lip looks good but the pics in the garage don't do it justice. i want to mod but decided not to because i'll be jumping into the LS. what's next on the mod list? i like the lip better without the silver piece.
Old 03-06-13, 05:28 PM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jscgs350
Looking forward to see that front lip. Can you post a link to their site?
Here you go. I'm not a fan of the sides or rear but the front seems to belong on the car.

http://lexus.jp/models/gs/fsport/index.html

http://www.modellista.co.jp/product/gs/index.html

Old 03-06-13, 05:32 PM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
The lip is already painted?
Unfortunately, it did not come painted. There was an option to get it pre-painted but only in black or white
Old 03-06-13, 05:36 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

been meaning to ask the FAP owners if they are having scratch and swirl problems and if the paint is as soft as the Obsidian. i know it's pearlized and has more stages, i don't see any imperfections on your wife's GS.
Old 03-06-13, 06:01 PM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
so far so good Trini... i'm liking the MGs, from the pics you barely notice them. did you notice a decrease in dust on your back bumper and on the sides of the car? the lip looks good but the pics in the garage don't do it justice. i want to mod but decided not to because i'll be jumping into the LS. what's next on the mod list? i like the lip better without the silver piece.
Yep its barely noticeably. I washed the car last week and did notice the rear bumper by the wheel did not have those streaks of dirt as before. The front did not have them also. However on an unrelated topic , the front wheels had some serious brake dusts. The silver wheels were black.

Hmm, you jumping to the LS huh.Thats a nice jump LOL. Springs and wheels are next but she is still 50/50 on the springs. If she does not want springs then that also means no wheels. Hopefully when she blueprint wife's f-sport with a drop she might like it.
Old 03-06-13, 06:16 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TriniGS
Yep its barely noticeably. I washed the car last week and did notice the rear bumper by the wheel did not have those streaks of dirt as before. The front did not have them also. However on an unrelated topic , the front wheels had some serious brake dusts. The silver wheels were black.

Hmm, you jumping to the LS huh.Thats a nice jump LOL. Springs and wheels are next but she is still 50/50 on the springs. If she does not want springs then that also means no wheels. Hopefully when she blueprint wife's f-sport with a drop she might like it.
just keep showing her how much nicer the car would look with a drop . i do it all the time. "hey boo come look at this, doesn't that look good"... works every time
Old 03-06-13, 06:47 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Looks good Trini, I like it with the chrome trim on.
Old 03-06-13, 11:04 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Chrome trim for the win! Looks great so far!
Old 03-07-13, 04:33 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

I like it without the chrome part looks better, seems to be coming along and yes I agree the side skirts and rear look terrible in that video. Your wife sure loves to mod!!
Old 03-07-13, 07:01 AM
Bayman
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
been meaning to ask the FAP owners if they are having scratch and swirl problems and if the paint is as soft as the Obsidian. i know it's pearlized and has more stages, i don't see any imperfections on your wife's GS.
Syd, I have the RX in FAP and I think the paint has been fine so far. I've never had Obsidian, so I can't compare. I'd love to hear from other FAP owners who've had Obsidian or any other dark color.

Quick Reply: Conservative build tread- Fire Agate Pearl/Flaxen Interior