Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 4GS owner vehicles

I startz thread for reasonz ....Build Thread

Old 11-27-12, 07:46 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by natnut
I want to point out that the GS350 F-Sport Autoblog reviewed did not have the Rear Steering ( DRS) option.And yet it still drove better than the 535i

Imagine how much more the gulf in performance would have been had the GS been outfitted with the DRS option.
Thanks. Will also use DRS instead of "rear steer" I've actually driven the 535 on an autocross vs the 3GS and driving the 5 a few times including a modded one. While an amazing vehicle in its own right it is just to big and ponderous. It used to drive smaller than it was (like the GS now) but now it handles bigger than it is, surely due to being based off the heavier 7 series. Funny how tables have turned. It is more spacious though and love that drop down rear seat.

Originally Posted by dseag2
F-Sport springs, body kit, black pearl emblems... I will be watching your mods to see what I want to do next.
lol...I better tint it soon, she brought it up last night.

Originally Posted by Maseroche
Excellent choice! I agree on how much the rear steer feature sharpens up the handling and makes it much more entertaining. Looking forward to your planned mods.
Thanks. Very happy with the rear steer (DRS). Even with parking and doing U-turns it helps! It really is nifty.

Old 11-27-12, 10:14 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats on the 4GS F-Sport. Too bad it's your wife's car and not yours. I would love to see you mod the snot out of it!
Old 11-30-12, 05:41 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

in for updated pics
Old 11-30-12, 08:08 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Stormforge
Congrats on the 4GS F-Sport. Too bad it's your wife's car and not yours. I would love to see you mod the snot out of it!
Well I'm still looking for another car so we will see.... Just last night she commented out the blue in bed "Mike, I LOVE my car" so I'm glad it seems we made the right choice. My wife is very stylish (I personally love her style) and many here have met her. I think the RX 400h while a great "logical" choice with better MPG and utility, it was simply extremely pedestrian to get into. Yuck I hate to say it but it drives slow footed, it a great vehicle but missing flair.

The GS has "flair" in spades and to me matches her personality and style much more. And mine as well.

That red leather... I"M RICK JAMES *****!!!

Originally Posted by passnu2
in for updated pics
I will get have it washed and I hope to have her drive it to Caffeine and Octane Sunday morning for some pics as I go every month.

She has learned the rules already though as she said "I don't want to go, I'm stock, I need my CV4s and it needs to be lowered"

God bless her

Old 11-30-12, 09:01 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Well I'm still looking for another car so we will see.... Just last night she commented out the blue in bed "Mike, I LOVE my car" so I'm glad it seems we made the right choice. My wife is very stylish (I personally love her style) and many here have met her. I think the RX 400h while a great "logical" choice with better MPG and utility, it was simply extremely pedestrian to get into. Yuck I hate to say it but it drives slow footed, it a great vehicle but missing flair.

The GS has "flair" in spades and to me matches her personality and style much more. And mine as well.

That red leather... I"M RICK JAMES *****!!!

I will get have it washed and I hope to have her drive it to Caffeine and Octane Sunday morning for some pics as I go every month.

She has learned the rules already though as she said "I don't want to go, I'm stock, I need my CV4s and it needs to be lowered"

God bless her
yes, God Bless her. my wife could care less. she'll buy mods for the car but she wouldn't know the difference btwn a lip kit and HIDs. or when she sees how it looks on the car she'll say "oh that's cute".
Old 11-30-12, 09:32 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

She just need to make you a nice big dinner so you have "food" coma and pass out...then go rob the GSh and put the parts on her car and jump back in bed. You won't even know what happened when you wake up
Old 11-30-12, 11:35 AM
Vossen Wheels
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In for Precision Series!!
Old 11-30-12, 11:43 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Congrats to you my friend and the wifey!
Old 11-30-12, 11:56 AM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats on the new purchase... hopefully soon my wife will also join the 4GS club and hope i can squeeze in some mods haha looking forward to your mods.
Old 11-30-12, 12:11 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

This is awesome.. so happy for my homie Mike and his wifey. Good things happen to good people!!!
Old 11-30-12, 12:28 PM
PrinceAkim
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man congrats! She deserves it and you're a great dude. Great story, that red interior is sick!!!! Reading this entire thread made me look at online for my next car, but being in the process of purchasing another home and a baby on the way quickly killed that dream. I'll just live vicariously through you! Congrats again, I can't wait to see both rides.
Old 12-06-12, 09:45 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
yes, God Bless her. my wife could care less. she'll buy mods for the car but she wouldn't know the difference btwn a lip kit and HIDs. or when she sees how it looks on the car she'll say "oh that's cute".
lol...she's slowly becoming a baby enthusiast

Originally Posted by passnu2
She just need to make you a nice big dinner so you have "food" coma and pass out...then go rob the GSh and put the parts on her car and jump back in bed. You won't even know what happened when you wake up
(head coma is better)

lol

Originally Posted by Tee
Congrats to you my friend and the wifey!
Thanks. We will bring it out soon

Originally Posted by 600rr05
congrats on the new purchase... hopefully soon my wife will also join the 4GS club and hope i can squeeze in some mods haha looking forward to your mods.
Sounds like a plan!

Originally Posted by CJITTY
This is awesome.. so happy for my homie Mike and his wifey. Good things happen to good people!!!
Thanks bro much appreciated. Sorry for the text message that was meant for the wife fawk ...keep that to yourself in exchange for bribe

Originally Posted by PrinceAkim
Man congrats! She deserves it and you're a great dude. Great story, that red interior is sick!!!! Reading this entire thread made me look at online for my next car, but being in the process of purchasing another home and a baby on the way quickly killed that dream. I'll just live vicariously through you! Congrats again, I can't wait to see both rides.
Thanks mahn appreciate it a lot. Good luck on the crib!

Old 12-06-12, 09:57 AM
LexFather

Okay so this is clearly going to be a build/live thread so lets update.

Positives

Put over 400 miles on her the first week as we are driving it around. We both love it. What is most important is she just loves her new GS. Some observations.

The ML stereo is incredible. You keep turning the volume up with no distortion. Its incredible and WAY WAY better than the ML system in my GSh.

We fit a 6"7 guy in the back and he said he was fine. We moved the seat up of course but he was comfy. There is more room than my GSh but it isn't that much larger.

We fit 2 people and a babyseat in the rear and it was fine. They are both under 6 feet. The new 4GS rear armrest is much classier and better than the one in the 3GS armrest

She loves her rear sunshade that moves up and down when in reverse.

Her friends that have seen the car love it and she looks to be the new future driver for work lunches lol.

I find myself driving faster than I should especially in corners. Not good, I haven't had a ticket in awhile and I don't want to pay for the mayor stripper fund.

Negatives (if you want to call them that)
We both noticed tons of dirt buildup on the rear and the sides. If I don' t do a bodykit I will 100% do mudflaps. Though some of it is likely due to the dealer coating the tires with tire shine. The rear maybe due to the diffuser on the F-sport, it gets very dusty.

Oddly enough the side view puddle lamps are halogen. The 3GS is LED. WTF? Why the move back? So now I got to replace that, the LED looks way better and is brighter.

The bodysill on the driverside is chipped already, likely her shoes and I think this might be an issue for others in the future. The way they designed the bodysill it sticks out from the open door so your shoe, heel, etc can scrape it. Really odd design.

She complained MPG is not as good as her hybrid RX 400h. I filled it up with gas and that solved that problem

B/C of the dash design to the 3GS I noticed the glovebox is much lower and can hit my knee. The airy design of the 3GS doesn't have this issue.

Other Observations

The huge NAV screen makes all other cars feel seriously dated in that aspect. I've driven I think 4 different cars this week and the NAV looks so small lol. I really like the big screen.

I also realized how much I like HUD driving cars without it. It really is a nifty option.

I hate the stock wheel gap. Makes me want to kick a baby.

Old 12-06-12, 10:22 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

you sure the puddle light on the 3gs are led? i recall having one of my blown and had to change it, and it's a normal bulb that is blue tinted giving it the "white" look. i remember when it lights up, it has a growing effect. led can't do that
Old 12-06-12, 11:25 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by rominl
you sure the puddle light on the 3gs are led? i recall having one of my blown and had to change it, and it's a normal bulb that is blue tinted giving it the "white" look. i remember when it lights up, it has a growing effect. led can't do that
I'll try to take pics to share. I'll walk by both in the garage and the 3GS puddle lights are very bright and pure (maybe they are not LED then) while the 4GS it is very yellow and just ewwwwww

Both interiors have LED lights and the 4GS seems brighter and more intense.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I startz thread for reasonz ....Build Thread