Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 4GS owner vehicles

I startz thread for reasonz ....Build Thread

Old 11-25-12, 08:12 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the 4GS FSport addition to your family! That is great from the factory and still has soooo much potential too! Can't wait to see what you do with it and how this opens up your other options.
Old 11-26-12, 12:57 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

DUDE...that color combo is pure secks...excuse my language Again, congrats to you and the misses Looking forward to seeing mods!
Old 11-26-12, 02:31 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

That interior is beautiful!
Old 11-26-12, 07:25 AM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
i think i can safely say "what took you so long".
Patience is a virtue. Congrat's Mike! Might have to becareful running a 10.5 back there with a beefy tire since you got the DRS option.

#teamvossen

Soo... Skipper, Lexon or Wald?
Old 11-26-12, 10:20 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Congrats Mike LOVE that interior !!!
Old 11-26-12, 10:42 AM
Vossen Wheels
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

F Sport + Rear Steer + CABERNET INTERIOR =

Glad the Mrs. is as excited and happy about it as you are, Mike! Can't wait to see more photos!
Old 11-26-12, 11:23 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mike, congrats on the new ride. Can't wait to see it with the new Precision Vossens.
Old 11-26-12, 12:44 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
i think i can safely say "what took you so long". i think we were all waiting on you to get your hands on one of these puppies (for yourself). not surprised with the review, i expected positive reviews. congratz, nice color combo as well. mind if i ask if you're doing coil overs or springs?
Well since I have an abundance of access I was okay with the GS fetish but again this is my wife's car. Which means she will drive to work and when we go anywhere else I'll be driving lol. She loved her RX 400h and the RX 350 F-sport is really awesome but some key features are missing compared to the GS (no adjustable steering, no Mark Levinson, seats are not as adjustable, smaller NAV screen etc etc).

What sold her was the interior and as I've driven/ridden in countless cars the past year it is IMO one of the best interiors at any price level from anyone and the Cabernet red interior is just jaw-dropping to us. She loves it.

Suspension wise I think the GS F-sport handles pretty damn perfect so I don't think I want to do coilovers where I would lose the suspension changes. Plus being her car I don't want it slammed 2+ inches to the ground. If I did lower it I would likely go with Accuair or Airrunner suspension as she can raise, lower the car at will. But I think she would rather not go that route lol.

So we pretty much agreed to the F-sport springs coming this month which will lower it an inch and keep the Sport + mode.

Originally Posted by TripleL
Mike, Congrat's to the Mrs!! That's one sweet loaded up ride!

I always say, " A happy wife is a happy life" well you sir should now be set for life

I hope you both enjoy it in good health.
Yes sir, that advice is one to live by lol. We literally had both papers in front of us between the RX and GS F-sport. We had a really laid back time, they had Boston Market for employees so we just ate and relaxed. She could not make up her mind for a few hours lol (#firstworldproblems) She drove them both, looked them over and over. I told her no pressure, whichever one she wanted (though of course I would prefer the GS)

She she texted some friends and they all were like "GS GS GS GS"!!! lol. Again though, the interior IMO really sold her, she loves it and I think is glad to be back driving a car.

Originally Posted by Mjthind
Congrats! Now Mrs. Blueprint can get to her tea parties faster and in style...LOL
I loved how your 3gen GS450h looked, and I know for a fact you aren't gonna disappoint us with this build and can't wait for the finished product!!!
I told her she will clearly be the driver for nights out even more so now. Thanks for the 3GSh compliments, this will also be a clean build and it will be fun to have her input instead of me building my car to my specs.

Originally Posted by c-low
so jealous lol start modding!
Yes, she knows the mantra "Stock sucks"

Originally Posted by masboy
man 3GS slowly moved to 4GS quick.....not faiirrr

contrats Mike!!! love the color. make me jealous...
3GS is still here. Thanks, agreed on the color combo, love it. I need to start a thread on it lol...got it wrapped matte white...my first time having a car wrapped

Originally Posted by Trexus
Congrats Mike on getting a GS F Sport with rear steer! Man I wish I was next door so I could come over and check it out...
Dude, we would be flying around some back roads here. The Rear steer is amazing.

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Congrats on the new GS F-Sport. Glad to see the new GS doesnt need all those improvements like springs and sway bar. Imagine if you added those how turns would be with those changes.
It is the first GS I've ever driven where I don't even think it needs a STB. It drives that damn good. I don't want to add to much rubber when I add the Vossen's as not to lose some of the fun in trade for traction.

I need to do my review on the FRS as well. Its like the team behind the LFA, IS F revised suspension, FRS, GS all are the same. These new cars from Toyota/Lexus are really drivers cars!

Originally Posted by SC400slide
GS-'sF are really cool. Congrats.bup:
Thanks!

Originally Posted by dseag2
Great color with the SP and Cabernet. That Cabernet will just get more beautful everytime you see it. And now you're experiencing first-hand what the rest of us have loved for so long about our F Sports. I know what you mean about staying put in the seats around corners. I occasionally take my 80 year-old mom to lunch, and I can leave it in Sport + mode and take the corners and she barely notices. Great choice!

You've now had 3 generations of GS's, right?
Thanks, we hope to enjoy it. Yes GS 400, GS 430, GS 450h, now GS 350 F-sport, the only one not here currently is the GS 400. The seats are fantastic.

Originally Posted by Mr Johnson
Congrats on the 4GS FSport addition to your family! That is great from the factory and still has soooo much potential too! Can't wait to see what you do with it and how this opens up your other options.
Always a pleasure to hear from you! I honestly think handling wise its good to go, would love slightly more power but you know how that goes. More than anything really want to tidy up the looks like we did on the Vossen Project GS and I love IAMJAVDG's GS.

Originally Posted by adamls2
DUDE...that color combo is pure secks...excuse my language Again, congrats to you and the misses Looking forward to seeing mods!
No its okay, it is the secks. intense secks lol.

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
That interior is beautiful!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by IAMJAVEDG
Patience is a virtue. Congrat's Mike! Might have to becareful running a 10.5 back there with a beefy tire since you got the DRS option.

#teamvossen

Soo... Skipper, Lexon or Wald?
THanks bud. We both LOVE your GS, tops in the game now. We need to talk kits

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Congrats Mike LOVE that interior !!!
Thanks bud, really appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Vossen Wheels
F Sport + Rear Steer + CABERNET INTERIOR =

Glad the Mrs. is as excited and happy about it as you are, Mike! Can't wait to see more photos!
You will see her soon in person. I kind of don't care to post stock photos, we know what that looks like.

Originally Posted by Ice350
Mike, congrats on the new ride. Can't wait to see it with the new Precision Vossens.
Hey bud, thanks so much, appreciate it!

Last edited by LexFather; 11-26-12 at 12:53 PM.

Old 11-26-12, 01:01 PM
LexFather

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/26/2...f-sport-review

Too funny, this review came out today Best driving car in class!

Old 11-26-12, 01:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

white on red is the combo to go on the gs fsport

congrats. still looking forward to your next car
Old 11-26-12, 01:34 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Looking good! Any other plans or potential mods?
Old 11-26-12, 02:10 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by rominl
white on red is the combo to go on the gs fsport

congrats. still looking forward to your next car
Thanks sir!

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
Looking good! Any other plans or potential mods?
Yeah...to bring it home...lol...she's driving the company car home tonight lmfao

F-sport springs most likely..pretty certain. Maybe a bodykit, maybe black pearl emblems. Would love to have some cross drilled rotors, no need for a BBK here since it has one up front. JDM Fogs, Vossen Precision Series wheels, not sure which one yet.

Oh and tint, she wants TINT asap

Old 11-26-12, 07:59 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/26/2...f-sport-review

Too funny, this review came out today Best driving car in class!
I want to point out that the GS350 F-Sport Autoblog reviewed did not have the Rear Steering ( DRS) option.And yet it still drove better than the 535i

Imagine how much more the gulf in performance would have been had the GS been outfitted with the DRS option.
Old 11-26-12, 08:07 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Thanks sir!

Yeah...to bring it home...lol...she's driving the company car home tonight lmfao

F-sport springs most likely..pretty certain. Maybe a bodykit, maybe black pearl emblems. Would love to have some cross drilled rotors, no need for a BBK here since it has one up front. JDM Fogs, Vossen Precision Series wheels, not sure which one yet.

Oh and tint, she wants TINT asap
F-Sport springs, body kit, black pearl emblems... I will be watching your mods to see what I want to do next.
Old 11-26-12, 11:16 PM
Maseroche
Driver

Excellent choice! I agree on how much the rear steer feature sharpens up the handling and makes it much more entertaining. Looking forward to your planned mods.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I startz thread for reasonz ....Build Thread