Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 4GS owner vehicles

I startz thread for reasonz ....Build Thread

Old 04-26-13, 06:02 PM
LexFather

Well we have been putting a few more miles on her enjoying the ride. Took her to Chattanooga and drove up "Lookout Mountain" so more pics and winding road feedback. (I know I need to post my Dragon Run feedback).

Also got the 5k service done at Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett and got the following TSB's done
-The Recall for the trunk handle (they will also fill your car up with gas)
-The F-sport Brake TSB for squeaky brakes (new pads installed, no issues or squeaks and brakes feel just as strong)
-Light Trunk TSB (from my understanding a bodyshop installs the weights in the trunk). My wife said she can't really tell the difference but I thought it was heavier. It is really lame there is no power trunk closer

Overall I'm now falling in love with her (We call her Scarlett). This is the first GS that took me some time to love instead of "DO WANT" initially. Next is a bodykit hopefully Whereas I fell for my GS 450h for the technical aspects of the hybrid this F-sport really goes for my heart. I can only imagine a full blown GS-F and the woody it would give me

We are pretty cool with my wrap guy and he is offering to wrap it but so far no good on that

Old 04-26-13, 07:53 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

good to know you and wifey are enjoying the GS, now we know Lexus did a good job on this one... a couple wants they forgot to add, but while you're driving you don't even think about it. Glad you're having fun with her... BTW don't put a coat (wrap) on Scarlett, keep her naked... we like her naked. lol
Old 04-26-13, 08:45 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Love the drop. Perfection!
Old 06-24-13, 05:58 AM
LexFather

Cool

Sorry everyone for no updates.... I'll have a few thoughts to add on our ownership experience so far. She got her first professional photoshoot done in May here is a preview

Old 06-24-13, 02:06 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Sorry everyone for no updates.... I'll have a few thoughts to add on our ownership experience so far. She got her first professional photoshoot done in May here is a preview

, when does the commercial start?
Old 06-24-13, 04:06 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
Video sometime soon...I want more mods on it first...

Old 06-24-13, 04:29 PM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I asked the salesman about getting the F-Sport lowering springs and was told that they are no longer available. I like the slightly look, like yours.. just enough to reduce that tire/wheel well gap
Old 06-24-13, 05:11 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Video sometime soon...I want more mods on it first...
oh oh, here we go again.
Old 06-24-13, 06:49 PM
lithe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice build thread Blueprint, mods are subtle-almost OEM+, which is perfect.

I would've been curious to see the F Sport springs though. Confusing since the stock car has the F Sport pkg...?

I've also heard good things about Swift springs, I wonder how they compare with the RSR?

Maybe snap a pick of the rear, 285 section-width tires should look nice from that angle!

Again, congrats!

Your praise of the DRS has me considering RWD for my climate. It's ok (snow tires of course), but AWD is so much fun-esp in the winter, IMO.
Old 06-24-13, 07:44 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Your wifey's GS is looking real good...
Old 06-25-13, 03:18 PM
ISSForged
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The pictures look great! Love the drop and fitment!
Old 06-26-13, 10:31 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
I asked the salesman about getting the F-Sport lowering springs and was told that they are no longer available. I like the slightly look, like yours.. just enough to reduce that tire/wheel well gap
Yeah F-sport is done. RS*R has two springs the Down which is on this car is a conservative 1" drop. I call it the executive drop perfect for the wife and not worrying about anything rubbing etc. It still looks way better than stock. The spring rate is only up about 10% or so thus it rides like stock but better.

oh oh, here we go again.
Never ends does it

Originally Posted by lithe
Very nice build thread Blueprint, mods are subtle-almost OEM+, which is perfect.

I would've been curious to see the F Sport springs though. Confusing since the stock car has the F Sport pkg...?

I've also heard good things about Swift springs, I wonder how they compare with the RSR?

Maybe snap a pick of the rear, 285 section-width tires should look nice from that angle!

Again, congrats!

Your praise of the DRS has me considering RWD for my climate. It's ok (snow tires of course), but AWD is so much fun-esp in the winter, IMO.
F-sport springs have been promised since last summer and always were delayed. Now they officially canned them. For those that don't know RS*R is one of the highest respected names in Japan in regards to suspensions. This "Down" drop was perfect for our needs.

Originally Posted by Trexus
Your wifey's GS is looking real good...
Thanks bro!

Originally Posted by ISSForged
The pictures look great! Love the drop and fitment!
Thanks mahn, yall are killing it too

Old 06-26-13, 10:35 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,094 Likes on 1,358 Posts

very tasteful setup.
Old 06-26-13, 10:42 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

F-sport springs have been promised since last summer and always were delayed. Now they officially canned them.

Car looks great Mike

Sad to see the F-Sport springs not being offered. I thought lexus made great strides on the F-Sport brand with the IS and 3rd gen GS ... this seems like a step backward to me ... I hope they at least offer the other items like sways, intake, and exhaust. IMO it would be a very bad decision by lexus to NOT offer them.

Lexus needs to PUSH the performance/aftermarket stuff!!!
Old 07-03-13, 01:39 PM
LexFather

This was earlier today...I'm sure many are interested in this

Thought many here would enjoy these new comparison pics. It is very obvious in person how much more styled the IS is and its much sharper and edgy. The GS looks softer and rather sedate in comparison. Both have proper RWD proportions which I love and both are lowered (thanks RS*R).

We can all argue about the face. I expected to like the GS more, I actually like the white grill bar separating the "spindle" but the IS it works super well in person. The IS front end is not something flattering in photos, both cars look better in person. The separate LED in person also looks better, I didn't like it much in pics. The IS looks like a damn concept car up front.

The sides show the more styled IS vs the GS. The GS keeps its curved C-pillar its had since 1993. The IS actually offers a non hoff-meister kink which is REFRESHING, it seems all cars do it now. You can note the styled lower sills, a new Lexus cue it seems and replacing the chrome at the bottom. The IS has grown in size while the GS didn't grow in length so What was a 180 vs 190 is now 184 vs 190.

The rear also shows the difference, the IS gets a split down trunk which helps and the space is pretty good. The GS is bigger but doesn't drop down. The GS has the LS exhaust covers while the IS has a traditional exposed exhaust. Both have trunk hinges that cut into trunk room.

The interiors are both red but the GS is real leather to the IS Nu-Luxe. The Nu-Luxe is actually really good, everyone thought it was leather till I said something. However nothing like the real thing in the GS and its very high grade. Both interiors are very well put together.

Also the IS interior is more bright red to the GS which is more wine, "cabernet' is the perfect name for it. The GS interior is a clear step or two above in quality and the GS offers more features and tech. The IS interior isn't bad at all, but its entry level in some bits. The IS "LFA" gauge is maybe one of the coolest things in a car today but the GS gauges while traditional hold their own. The GS NAV screen is huge and makes the IS (or any car with a small screen) feel "old".

You can see the white differences with the IS 350 F-sport ultra white being specific to the F-sport, its very pure white but still has pearl in it. The GS is Starfire pearl which now looks more "pearl" compared to the more white IS.

Enjoy!!!

Oh yeah the drive.....well more to come

Originally Posted by Diego@Vossen
Next up - 3IS Vs. 4GS

Side by Side

Similar engine bay's

Take your pick.

3IS

4GS

Big brother

Little bro

Modern designs