GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Need recommendations. Current lease GS F-Sport. Do not like 19 inch rims

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-12, 09:08 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Need recommendations. Current lease GS F-Sport. Do not like 19 inch rims

I am not liking the standard 19 inch F-Sport rims in the grey color and I really like the forged 19 inch optional wheels instead. I already have the car for 8 months with 28 months to go. If I do get these 19 inch for 400 per (1,600 total), I will have to move the tires from the standard 19 inch to these new rims.... I already have a separate winter rims/tires from tire rack right now in size 18. What do I do with the standard 19 inch rims? Store them till lease end and put them back on and sell the forged ones or sell the current 19 inch rims now??? Sewell parts have the 19 inch forge at 100 dollars off!!

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2013/5463.html
Old 11-22-12, 09:39 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexus300
I am not liking the standard 19 inch F-Sport rims in the grey color and I really like the forged 19 inch optional wheels instead. I already have the car for 8 months with 28 months to go. If I do get these 19 inch for 400 per (1,600 total), I will have to move the tires from the standard 19 inch to these new rims.... I already have a separate winter rims/tires from tire rack right now in size 18. What do I do with the standard 19 inch rims? Store them till lease end and put them back on and sell the forged ones or sell the current 19 inch rims now??? Sewell parts have the 19 inch forge at 100 dollars off!!

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2013/5463.html
what's good Rex. how was the Lamb Kebabs? hope you and yours enjoyed TG. i know i did. after i ate i couldn't move. back to business. i would keep the OEM 19's and put them back on when the lease is up, unless you plan on keeping the car. on the other hand in 2015 the GS is probably going to have a lot more goodies, so you'll probably trade for the 2015 model which means keep the wheels and put them back on at lease end, and get the 2015 GS350 F-Sport.
Old 11-22-12, 10:00 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

syd you do think like me! I am feeling the same way, get the F-sport forged rims and transfer it to the new 2015 GS 350 with the new engine/transmission and goodies and not worry about getting new rims again! Its likely the 2015 GS will have similar looking rims as it has now so it can be transferred to my GS at the lease end if possible. If not then I can at least keep the current 19 inches in storage somewhere.

We had a great feast! Too many people during the party but still was fun and the kebabs made the turkey taste bland! I hope you also had a pleasant thanksgiving with the family and that your neighborhood has recovered from the mess that hurricane Sandy created.
Old 11-23-12, 11:38 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

people actually want those OEM wheels on our cars. the techies warned me to watch my wheels. (i'm not worried) a guy in my neighborhood has an IS300 and asked if i wanted to sell him my wheels. i told him hell to the NO.
glad you had a good time... family and food is a good combo. we're good on this end, it's going to take a lot more than Sandy to keep us down.
Old 11-23-12, 07:54 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm very happy with my stock 19" wheels, but I am intrigued by the aftermarket F Sport rims. If you do switch, I would love to see your car. As Syd said, you should keep your stock rims to switch back if you sell your car. Even Lexus aftermarket rims will probably take away from the value since most people want the original ones. We're a different breed here.

BTW, I know this is a really bad pic, but I took it in DFW parking garage. It is the aftermarket F Sport rim on a black 4GS. I've also been contemplating a switch.
Attached Thumbnails Need recommendations. Current lease GS F-Sport. Do not like 19 inch rims-fsport-wheel.jpg