GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

F-Sport Front Wheels, BRAKE DUST!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-12, 01:16 PM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL im not even mad, about what? About the other guys that said they have no brake dust, when there clearly is brake dust. I saw your post and read it clearly that you said you have brake dust and your not that worry about it and you put some kind of coating on your rim. next time i will be more specific and post the username of the person im talking about.
Old 10-17-12, 01:29 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GSTONY
LOL im not even mad, about what? About the other guys that said they have no brake dust, when there clearly is brake dust. I saw your post and read it clearly that you said you have brake dust and your not that worry about it and you put some kind of coating on your rim. next time i will be more specific and post the username of the person im talking about.
let's chalk it up to a minor misunderstanding... we're cool GSTONY... you are one of the few that i like to read posts from.
Old 10-17-12, 01:34 PM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Anyway once you have a 4 piston brakes and up you will notice quite alot of Brake dust, all you have to do is clean them no need to sacrifice braking power for something that has less dust because people are lazy to clean them literally take no more then 10 min to clean them. Big brake kit that i had on all my cars has save my life quite a few times and they all created deadly dust silver rims looked like dark gunmetal rims.
Old 10-17-12, 01:38 PM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I know this is an F-sport thread, but FYI I have a luxury AWD here and not much brake dust at all. For comparison I am using the dust produced from the '08 IS-F that I previously owned. Those pads were the horrendous and were quickly changed out for Carbotech Bobcat and all was well thereafter. I trust Mike at Carbotech will be producing pads for the GS shortly.
Old 10-17-12, 01:40 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

So let's count....how many people with AWD and no dust compared to RWD with dust....
Old 10-17-12, 01:42 PM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
let's chalk it up to a minor misunderstanding... we're cool GSTONY... you are one of the few that i like to read posts from.
Hey thanks ya just little misunderstanding its all good you fix your door panel yet??
Old 10-17-12, 02:34 PM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Look, just get me a binder full of women and I will forget this whole thing happened!
Old 10-17-12, 03:08 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Hey thanks ya just little misunderstanding its all good you fix your door panel yet??
they had to order it. it should be here tomorrow.
Old 10-17-12, 03:11 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by djpeakSD
Look, just get me a binder full of women and I will forget this whole thing happened!
issues, issues, issues. you guys keep me laughing. LOL
Old 10-17-12, 05:40 PM
bradtopp
Pit Crew

Very minimal brake dust on mine after a normal week of driving several hundred miles. My wheels and car get washed every weekend with my own two hands.

Ok who ever said they have no brake dust is for sure lying to them self. Larger brakes or not it's the pads that create the dust, also i have a awd fsport with 18.500km on the odo. And i have crazy brake dust but dosent bother me grew up with alot of sports car and i tell you no sport car will have no brake dust. Just wash the rim if it really bothers you that much. And to who ever said the brakes are not that good gots to be trippin. The are very good took it to the track and it was amazing minimal brake fade and i can brake much later before i enter the turn. Unless you been driving cars with 6 piston brake or more then i understand where your getting at. And those 3 awd say they have no brake dust must cant tell from rim colour to brake dust because when i first pick up my awd fsport back in late FEB right on day one had brake dust.
Old 10-17-12, 07:36 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by djpeakSD
cool sig you got there DJ
Old 10-17-12, 09:21 PM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

they had to order it. it should be here tomorrow.
Nice! Did they replace it for free?
Old 10-17-12, 09:34 PM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I figured I would chime in. This pic is of exactly one day driving (40 Miles). I do have an Fsport so bigger brakes and this is of the front wheel.
Old 10-18-12, 05:52 AM
Nexson
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=djpeakSD;7548600]I figured I would chime in. This pic is of exactly one day driving (40 Miles). I do have an Fsport so bigger brakes and this is of the front wheel.
QUOTE]

Yup, that is pretty bad for 40 miles. I will take a picture of mine as well.
Old 10-18-12, 06:55 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Nice! Did they replace it for free?
i wish... 980.00 incl. install.

Quick Reply: F-Sport Front Wheels, BRAKE DUST!!