New Member hoping to be owner soon with lots of questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-12, 09:04 AM
rjnico757
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member hoping to be owner soon with lots of questions

Hey Everyone,

I am seriously considering the 13' GS350 F-Sport, I have owned all acuras so far, 04 TSX, 07 TL Type S and currently I own a 2009 TL SH-AWD. I loved my first two acuras because they actually had great steering feel and handling, the SH-AWD that I have now I guess you can say I bought out of loyalty because I never have fallen truly in love with it, the AWD is nice and makes the car handle great but theres no soul to it the EPS steering is awful no feel what-soever and Acura who I thought was on top of their tech game back when I had my tsx and tl-s is now falling behind (smaller nav screen, no HUD, no power tilt/telescope wheel,etc.) so Im looking to get that feel again that I really got with the TL-S and in all my research the GS F-Sport seems to be similar to that car but even better because its RWD from all the reviews that praise its steering feel and handling, so sorry to drag on but below I have lots of questions I was hoping you guys could help me with.

1.) I know for sure I want the cabernet interior but I am torn between black, nebula gray or starfire white, now I know noone can pick the color for me but owners of these colors chime in and tell me how you like them...

2.) The interior looks very nice from photos but one thing that bothers me and Im sure you guys have heard it in various reviews, the dash that spans across kind of reminds me of old cadillac coupes from the 70's I was wondering to the people that own and drive this car everyday how does the dash layout really look/feel in person?

3.) As far as the piped in engine sound is it totally fake like the new M5? or is just amplifying the sound of the engine? I know in my Type S it had active noise cancellation and it was set to cancel out alot of road noise but let in the good engine/intake noise, is it similar in this car?

4.) Is the handling and steering as good as everyone says? Im using the TL-S as my benchmark because IMO it was one of the best handling/steering FWD sedans it was very accurate and perfectly weighted and had nice feel

5.) Last but not least, this is 2 questions really but to the guys that added foglights how did you go about it? and does the look integrate well with the car? and are the F-Sport springs available as of now and how does it ride? I'd really like that 1 inch drop to close out most of the wheel gap but without making the car too harsh

Thanks for your time everyone and I hope to a new owner very soon!
Old 10-06-12, 09:44 AM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey and welcome i can answer your question as i too had a tl-s in white diamond pearl, one of the funnest car ive owned. I have a starfire pearl with black interior i think its look great and and feel awsome. The noise is just a sound creator it does sound great and bring character to the car. Handling is very good for a big car compared to the tl i think it handles alot better. As of now there are no f sport springs there are 2 coil over that are available but got to order from japan. Hey also were you on acurazine?? Here my tl http://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=759104
Old 10-06-12, 10:39 AM
kdsr123
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1.) I was between the nebula grey and the white, i told the salesman to find either. I ended up with white.

2.) the dash is very nice. not very noticeable to me when im driving. I like how the dash gives a cover to the nag screen, so you never get a glare.

3.) The sound doesn't sound fake at all.

4.) right now im in a IS loaner, and when i go about 90, the steering feels very hard. The steering in the gs is amazing at high speeds, but keep in mind i have the dynamic steering option.

5.) I dont have foglights, but what i read was a switch has been added to an empty spot, people have used the toyota tundra foglight switch.

hope i answered your questions for you.
Old 10-06-12, 04:46 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 420 Likes on 267 Posts

1. I picked SFP with the Cabernet interior. Perfect color combo imo.

2. I like it. You'll definitely have to check it out in person though.

3. Sounds real enough to me.

4. One of the best handling I've ever driven and I only took a test drive. Very light steering, but very responsive.

5. can't answer that, no fogs
Old 10-06-12, 04:56 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

fogs you can do for between $69 and $450 I think, Nigel's jdm store has them, look at classified section... full price is for everything OEM... cheapest is for a separate switch and non-oem fogs that look the same as oem.
Old 10-06-12, 07:00 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I have Liquid Platinum with Cabernet and love it. It really shines and accentuates the lines of the car. However, if I had to go with a second choice I would go with SFP because the wheels are a nice contrast with it.