GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Hit and ran by a woman!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-12, 06:52 PM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry about what happened to your car. You were lucky to catch her in the act and then catch her. No question that she is dishonest. You may be placing yourself in legal jeopardy by posting her license plate though.
Old 10-05-12, 08:23 PM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ouch mann..not to a brand new car. so what has happen now. did you get the report now?
and it looks like that volvo is loaded with options too. With the folded mirror, BLIS and those rims too
Old 10-05-12, 10:29 PM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh no the poor GS , man ! I know that parking lot I am there at least two or three times a week, my Nissan Pathfinder maybe old but there's not a day I worry someone is going to hit me there people in that lot are very careless when they go into the spots there! The second floor is the safer place in my opinion to park the car.
Old 11-07-12, 12:40 PM
pttlwin
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good news guys!! They are going to fix my car. The other party was found guilty...finally after a long month. It would cost around 1500 or more to fix.
Old 11-07-12, 01:10 PM
TopKnife
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to hear what happened.

But after the initial frustration subsides, it may not be such a bad thing. I had a 350Z that I woke up one morning finding it on bricks and all 4 wheels and tires were gone. I felt like I was raped. Surprisingly, my insurance paid me an insane amount of money (not sure why the stock rims and tires were so expensive). I had enough money to get the aftermarket rims and tires I always wanted, as well as some additional aftermarket goodies.

Take this as an opportunity to mod.
Old 11-08-12, 08:11 PM
pttlwin
Rookie

man..I am just worried about the paint..Pretty sure work shop can fix the bumper but hoping paint will be like original paint....Do you guys have any ideas? Let me know. Right now, the other insurance would pay the estimated amount given by work shop that lexus dealer uses to fix lexus cars.
Old 11-08-12, 09:50 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 427 Likes on 270 Posts

Sorry to tell you but it wont be like the original paint. It may be close but wont be exactly the same. Even between batches at the factory there are differences even if they're minimal. If you want the paint to match you'll have to get the whole car redone
Old 11-08-12, 10:50 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pttlwin
man..I am just worried about the paint..Pretty sure work shop can fix the bumper but hoping paint will be like original paint....Do you guys have any ideas? Let me know. Right now, the other insurance would pay the estimated amount given by work shop that lexus dealer uses to fix lexus cars.
just be a PITA and ask whoever will listen that woks there about the shop they use to fix their cars. you should be fine if this shop does their cars. or you can try Billy The Kid Collision, 26 Skidmore Road in Deer Park L.I. he does all lexus cars for Rockville Centre and Massapequa. he does lexus exclusively and trust me they give him a lot of business.
Old 11-09-12, 06:04 AM
pttlwin
Rookie

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
just be a PITA and ask whoever will listen that woks there about the shop they use to fix their cars. you should be fine if this shop does their cars. or you can try Billy The Kid Collision, 26 Skidmore Road in Deer Park L.I. he does all lexus cars for Rockville Centre and Massapequa. he does lexus exclusively and trust me they give him a lot of business.
Yeh.. I went to lexus dealer near my house and told them I needed to get estimate to fix my car. They told me to wait for awhile and one guy came and gave me estimates. He was from the work shop I am going now. So basically that work shop has like a contract with the lexus dealer and lexus fix their cars there. I checked the estimate and saw that they would replace the bumper with OEM bumper costing around 480 dollars for the bumper alone then the sensor about 200 bucks. Total labor fees and paint and coming out about $1500....