GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Hard body

Old 12-03-12, 04:25 PM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Sorry that he's not with you anymore. I think he drives slow because he loves you. When you have loved ones, you'll drive slow and be more careful. I drive even more slow these days because I want to enjoy the ride. Since we're on the topic, a camry tried to smoke me at the red light the other day.
Old 12-03-12, 06:22 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bnlexus
Sorry that he's not with you anymore. I think he drives slow because he loves you. When you have loved ones, you'll drive slow and be more careful. I drive even more slow these days because I want to enjoy the ride. Since we're on the topic, a camry tried to smoke me at the red light the other day.
now that's funny a "camry"
Old 12-04-12, 07:39 PM
chiefguy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
i just uploaded some more pics to my Macbook last night from my Sony Cyber Shot. i'll have to get a camera for christmas. but yes bn, this HB is ridiculous. i'm going to experiment when spring arrives. IMO the results are going to be bananas. even though i don't think we can get these cars any shinier.
Beautiful car! Did you have the spoiler added to the Lux model? I thought I saw a spoiler in one pic...
Old 12-04-12, 11:19 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chiefguy
Beautiful car! Did you have the spoiler added to the Lux model? I thought I saw a spoiler in one pic...
actually i have the F Sport... the spoiler is standard.
Old 12-05-12, 04:31 AM
chiefguy
Rookie

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
actually i have the F Sport... the spoiler is standard.
Oh ok...but you have the Lux wheels...they look nice. The Lux wheels have grown on me....i like them more and more each time I see them. I'm getting the Lux car, so no spoiler, but the same wheels.
Old 12-05-12, 06:32 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chiefguy
Oh ok...but you have the Lux wheels...they look nice. The Lux wheels have grown on me....i like them more and more each time I see them. I'm getting the Lux car, so no spoiler, but the same wheels.
actually i have the OEM F Sport wheels. i had them refinished in Hyper Silver powder coat... needed some contrast and the dark wheels weren't doing it for me.
Old 12-05-12, 09:05 AM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

I wondered why your wheels looked different. I'm gonna have to get the wheel shield you recommended. I think I get too much dirt on my front wheels. It rained so heavy last night. To my surprise the car was not that dirty in the morning. Not sure if it had anything to do with the HB. That was her first shower. I was driving and enjoyed watching the water rolling off the paint as if it were rolling off the windshield coated with Rainx. He might be mistaken yours with mine.
Old 12-05-12, 12:04 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bnlexus
I wondered why your wheels looked different. I'm gonna have to get the wheel shield you recommended. I think I get too much dirt on my front wheels. It rained so heavy last night. To my surprise the car was not that dirty in the morning. Not sure if it had anything to do with the HB. That was her first shower. I was driving and enjoyed watching the water rolling off the paint as if it were rolling off the windshield coated with Rainx. He might be mistaken yours with mine.
i kind of figured he had ours cars mixed up. i was going to see how long it took him to figure it out. the Wolfs Rim Shield does help alot with the brake dust and other contaminants. after a week i have little to no brake dust on my front wheels... no need for wheel brushes anymore. rinse with hose, wash with mitt & shampoo and you're done. those Lux wheels have got to be a PITA to clean, so the Rim Shield would be good.
Old 12-07-12, 08:01 AM
ronfsp
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Guys wanna ask how long is the cure time for the 1st coat if i wanna apply 2nd coat on the same day?

Even though my car already has CS2 paint sealant done on my car since day 1 after collecting my car, i still find Wolf's Hard Body shine hard to resists! The shine & protection it gives is amazing!!!

I intend to use Wolf's Shine & Seal first before applying the 1st coat. Can Wolf's Shine & Seal be polished by hand? Or do i need to use a machine like what's written on the bottle "work the polish in at about 600 RPM and then adjust the speed as necessary"?

After which in future if i wanna apply the 3rd, 4th, 5th coat, Do i still need to polish with Shine & Seal first before apply Hard Body? Or i juz need to wash clean & apply Tough Body?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-07-12, 08:42 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ronfsp
Guys wanna ask how long is the cure time for the 1st coat if i wanna apply 2nd coat on the same day?

Even though my car already has CS2 paint sealant done on my car since day 1 after collecting my car, i still find Wolf's Hard Body shine hard to resists! The shine & protection it gives is amazing!!!

I intend to use Wolf's Shine & Seal first before applying the 1st coat. Can Wolf's Shine & Seal be polished by hand? Or do i need to use a machine like what's written on the bottle "work the polish in at about 600 RPM and then adjust the speed as necessary"?

After which in future if i wanna apply the 3rd, 4th, 5th coat, Do i still need to polish with Shine & Seal first before apply Hard Body? Or i juz need to wash clean & apply Tough Body?

Thanks in advance
the cure time between coats is 3hrs. if you have CS2 on your paint i think you'll be fine. Shine&Seal is a polish/sealant with little cut. if you use it you might strip some or all of the CS2. if you don't use it, then just use an IPA wipedown x2 then the HB. IMO the HB will adhere much better with the Shine&Seal. so you may want to strip the CS2 and apply the Shine&Seal. whatever you're comfy with.

yes you can apply Shine & Seal by hand... if you're not planning on a correction process, because it has very little cut. if you plan on correcting use the PC and a stronger polish

don't use any Shine&Seal for future applications of HB. all you need to do is::: wash, dry, IPA wipedown x2, then apply the HB.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 12-07-12 at 08:52 AM.
Old 12-07-12, 08:47 AM
stick22
Driver

this stuff looks pretty dang miraculous.

how long should people give themselves for application post wash and pre sealant?
Old 12-07-12, 08:55 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

this is car ****... HB Beading 101
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8254198086/http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8254198086/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/76804690@N05/, on Flickr

Rim Shield Beading 101
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8254196216/http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8254196216/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/76804690@N05/, on Flickr
Old 12-07-12, 09:06 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by stick22
this stuff looks pretty dang miraculous.

how long should people give themselves for application post wash and pre sealant?
after strip, wash, clay, IPA wipedown. it should take you 20/25 minutes for 1 coat of HB.
Old 12-07-12, 09:57 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

syd: Any plans to come to Toronto in the Spring?
Old 12-07-12, 10:24 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mehran888
syd: Any plans to come to Toronto in the Spring?
all i'll need for payment is some wood fire grilled Talapia, Rice Pilaf and some steamed vegetables. oh... almost forgot, a 7 layer German Chocolate Cake, 1 slice will do. 1 tall glass of sweet tea to wash it all down, and a couch because i'll probably go right to sleep after all that good food. i won't get to do your car until the next day. . you know what M... Canada is actually on my list of cities that i will be visiting. my neighbor says that Toronto is a beautiful city.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hard body