Hard body

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-13, 09:52 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Vasili
Ok, thanks for the tip.

How've I been? I've never had a bad day yet. Everyday I wake up. My eyes work, my legs work, my wife works...how can I complain?

The bumper is fine. Can't even tell there was problem. All is good. Tomorrow will be 50 degrees. Good day for a full wash. Shot some hop tonight at a local gym. Not bad for an old guy!

How's things by you, bro?
no problem V. as long as everything works then you're good. i played ball with my son and his friends and they were impressed with my skills for an old guy but didn't like the fact that i was holding the ball alot... little did they know i was taking a break, catching my breath. BTW, clay will not strip the HB. you'll have to use a Citrus car shampoo/APC mix to strip most of it, clay if needed, then do a light polish to get the rest off. i'm good on this end, no complaints.
Old 03-14-13, 10:33 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

detailedimage.com have 25% off spring sale going on now, with $5 shipping or free shipping over $150.

Just ordered some stuff and 22ple vx1 pro glass coating (thanks to Syd for your introduce). Any tips for prep the car ready?
Old 03-15-13, 08:10 AM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
no problem V. as long as everything works then you're good. i played ball with my son and his friends and they were impressed with my skills for an old guy but didn't like the fact that i was holding the ball alot... little did they know i was taking a break, catching my breath. BTW, clay will not strip the HB. you'll have to use a Citrus car shampoo/APC mix to strip most of it, clay if needed, then do a light polish to get the rest off. i'm good on this end, no complaints.
Egads! Now, I gotta buy Citrus car shampoo!!! It never ends...

My wife is gonna love you more for this.

Alright, what brand of Citrus car shampoo do you suggest? And where do I get it? I'm thinking Meguiar's APC or Simple Green should suffice?
Old 03-15-13, 08:39 AM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

The end is ...still far.
Old 03-15-13, 09:16 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

will Dawn strip the HB?
Old 03-15-13, 09:37 AM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bnlexus
The end is ...still far.
I'm thinking this is the next sequel to the Never Ending Story once again...

Or, syd has his investment money tied up in these items!
Old 03-15-13, 09:51 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Egads! Now, I gotta buy Citrus car shampoo!!! It never ends...

My wife is gonna love you more for this.

Alright, what brand of Citrus car shampoo do you suggest? And where do I get it? I'm thinking Meguiar's APC or Simple Green should suffice?
i would use Chemical Guys Citrus Wash And Clear Megs APC will suffice. tell wifey i said "hey" if you have a foam gun, foam it good first and then wash it with the same Citrus wash and APC.

Originally Posted by bnlexus
The end is ...still far.

Originally Posted by jtrue28
will Dawn strip the HB?
i think dawn is too harsh, so to be on the safe side i use the citrus car shampoo and APC.
Old 03-15-13, 11:20 AM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

I'm thinking this is the next sequel to the Never Ending Story once again...

Or, syd has his investment money tied up in these items!
You may be right. I question myself too. If you haven't placed your order yet, add the SNS and wheel cleaner so you won't have to pay shipping again. SNS and Sonax wheel cleaner work.
Old 05-14-13, 12:52 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
i think dawn is too harsh, so to be on the safe side i use the citrus car shampoo and APC.
I just mean, in terms of if I ever want to strip everything off to start over. I typically use Zaino wash for each car wash.
Old 05-14-13, 03:19 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jtrue28
I just mean, in terms of if I ever want to strip everything off to start over. I typically use Zaino wash for each car wash.
Then yes J... Dawn will strip everything off, maybe wash her twice just to make sure. I was a Zaino fanatic for a couple of years. zaino is a good product. I OD'd with the ZFX , Z5 and Z2, with the Z8 as the LSP. I was in the garage for 13 hrs. And emerged with the cleanest shiniest Smoky Granite Mica ES 350 in NY.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 05-14-13 at 03:27 PM.
Old 06-24-13, 09:30 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Alright, so I practically spent all weekend applying HB to my car. Started with a Dawn soap wash, to strip any and everything off of the car. I then spot treated some stubborn bug spots with clay. I dried the car, let it sit for a little while and then applied Wolfs Shine and Seal with a porter cable. That process was recommended by the instructions on the Wolfs Hard Body. (Plus I bought the "kit" from Detialers Domain...) That process was not fun. It was much more difficult than I thought it would be using a DA polisher.

After that was complete, I applied the HB. This step was actually very easy. I then let it sit overnight and did a 2nd layer Sunday morning.

I wasn't able to remove some of the residue from the HB, so after a few hours I took a bottle of warm water and sprayed her down and wiped it off. That fixed the residue.

I haven't been able to take any pictures yet. And of course, as Murphy's law states, it is now pouring down rain, while I sit at work. Perfect time to test the HB, but I'm really hungry and I figure if I drive around in the rain, it will make more work for me when I get home. If I let her sit and the rain dry up, using a QD tonight after I get home won't be so bad.

/ohwell