GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

possible new gs owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-12, 11:18 PM
215GS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default possible new gs owner

I am a former owner of a 2012 audi s4 unfortunately it got in a accident and its a total loss. I went into the lexus dealer looking at is350s and i came across this gorgeous pearl white with brown interior gs in the showroom and i was in love. Body lines and styling were amazing including the aggressive front end. I am a die hard audi fan and i love german cars but boy i was impressed with the new gs. The interior was soo rich and comfy. It was almost mind blowing i felt like a kid at a candy store i didnt know where to begin. Anyways ill stop my story to ask you guys who have owned this car. How is it? I drove it and it is really good. The car really sells itself. I am planning to lease a fully loaded gs350 awd. The dealer claimed a "special" this month for leasing. Its about 3k down but since i am a current owner of an audi i get a rebate of $1500 so that makes my down payment 2500 down and after some fees and bs its a 2700 down and about 600 a month. Is that a fair deal or should i keep looking?
Old 09-08-12, 06:23 AM
obadea
Intermediate

Received 99 Likes on 36 Posts

not sure about lease prices because I bought, but the car is amazing and you would not regret your purchased. I have the same color interior that you looked at, called flaxen and it's beautiful.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 09-08-12, 08:50 AM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 215GS
I am a former owner of a 2012 audi s4 unfortunately it got in a accident and its a total loss. I went into the lexus dealer looking at is350s and i came across this gorgeous pearl white with brown interior gs in the showroom and i was in love. Body lines and styling were amazing including the aggressive front end. I am a die hard audi fan and i love german cars but boy i was impressed with the new gs. The interior was soo rich and comfy. It was almost mind blowing i felt like a kid at a candy store i didnt know where to begin. Anyways ill stop my story to ask you guys who have owned this car. How is it? I drove it and it is really good. The car really sells itself. I am planning to lease a fully loaded gs350 awd. The dealer claimed a "special" this month for leasing. Its about 3k down but since i am a current owner of an audi i get a rebate of $1500 so that makes my down payment 2500 down and after some fees and bs its a 2700 down and about 600 a month. Is that a fair deal or should i keep looking?
What is the cash price?
What is the residual?
What is the lease acquisition fee?
What is the money factor?
What is the term of the lease?
Can you do Multiple Security Deposits instead of a down payment?
Old 09-08-12, 09:56 AM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love my 2013 Lexus GS. I have the F- sports version and I traded in a less then 1 year old 2011 BMW 535i xdrive sedan for it and this GS blows the BMW away in every category.
Old 09-08-12, 10:06 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

i own one as well,,, it's a great car you won't be disappointed. you only live once go ahead and do the damn thing.as faifai mentioned see if you can do the MSD instead of downpayment.
Old 09-08-12, 12:52 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default I traded in an Audi S5 Cab

I actually traded my '11 S5 Cabriolet for my '13 GS F-Sport because I needed something with more room. The S5 Cab had the same supercharged V6 and similar interior as your S4, so I can totally relate. I've had my GS since March, have 2,800 miles, and I've loved every minute of driving it. I thought I would really miss the S5 Cab, but I haven't. I would highly recommend the GS!
Old 09-08-12, 02:36 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
I actually traded my '11 S5 Cabriolet for my '13 GS F-Sport because I needed something with more room. The S5 Cab had the same supercharged V6 and similar interior as your S4, so I can totally relate. I've had my GS since March, have 2,800 miles, and I've loved every minute of driving it. I thought I would really miss the S5 Cab, but I haven't. I would highly recommend the GS!
Wow, low mileage!! I have mine' since March and have 7,000 miles on it.
Old 09-08-12, 08:27 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexus300
Wow, low mileage!! I have mine' since March and have 7,000 miles on it.
I work from home and travel every other week, so my car is usually sitting in some garage. I am always so happy to jump in it when I get home from business trips. Makes the end of the trip the best!
Old 09-08-12, 09:51 PM
JBFGS300
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great thread guys just got my GS F sport and love it! You really get so much for so little in the grand scheme of things i traded in my 09 ISF for this car and honestly do not miss the ISF even though it was a great car! Have had many BMWs and Mercedes but the Service, Reliability, and value for what you get can not be touched with this 13 GS F sport reminds me when the 98 GS came out it was ground breaking.

Justin
Old 09-08-12, 11:56 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JBFGS300
Great thread guys just got my GS F sport and love it! You really get so much for so little in the grand scheme of things i traded in my 09 ISF for this car and honestly do not miss the ISF even though it was a great car! Have had many BMWs and Mercedes but the Service, Reliability, and value for what you get can not be touched with this 13 GS F sport reminds me when the 98 GS came out it was ground breaking.

Justin
How does GS compare to IS F. Don't you miss the V8 and 8 speed transmission? Congrats BTW!
Old 09-09-12, 01:25 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Justin
Agree with this. The 4GS gives reminds me of my 2GS in that they both seem to be complete cars : spacious/practical enough for a nuclear family and to run errands, comfortable enough for a luxury cruiser yet sporty when you're in the mood, has the typical Lexus reliability and looks different/stylish enough to stand out on the street.
Old 09-09-12, 04:54 AM
JBFGS300
Driver

Originally Posted by NewSpace
How does GS compare to IS F. Don't you miss the V8 and 8 speed transmission? Congrats BTW!
Do I miss the ISF yes and no was a little small for my taste and missing some key options i wanted but yes i loved the power and full package it is hard to beat if your a speed junkie. But I already have a sports car I needed a daily driver I do 18-20k a year. The new GS-Fspt is fast enough, great navigation, stereo, seats, good mpg for daily driver, Bluetooth streaming, xm, pandora, vented seats a must have!, the interior is way above par for 50k and the red is amazing. Plan on seeing this car modded first round tints, lowered (when released), concave or deepdish 20s, some custom blacked out chrome parts ( grill, door molding, emblems)

Justin
Old 09-09-12, 04:56 AM
JBFGS300
Driver

Also have had 3 people approach me in first 24hrs I owned this to look inside and were amazed of sportiness, and that lexus did a red interior! Everyone super impressed with Lexus's new direction.
Old 09-09-12, 07:05 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Do I miss the ISF yes and no was a little small for my taste and missing some key options i wanted but yes i loved the power and full package it is hard to beat if your a speed junkie. But I already have a sports car I needed a daily driver I do 18-20k a year. The new GS-Fspt is fast enough, great navigation, stereo, seats, good mpg for daily driver, Bluetooth streaming, xm, pandora, vented seats a must have!, the interior is way above par for 50k and the red is amazing. Plan on seeing this car modded first round tints, lowered (when released), concave or deepdish 20s, some custom blacked out chrome parts ( grill, door molding, emblems)

Justin
Good points Justin. If you get a chance, let us know what options you got. DRS?
Old 09-09-12, 07:30 AM
JBFGS300
Driver

Originally Posted by NewSpace
Good points Justin. If you get a chance, let us know what options you got. DRS?
I got just the way that 90% of F sports are packaged from the factory i went it cars with other options just did not see the value of any of them for me personally.

My car:
F Sport Pkg
Blind Spot
Park Assist
Navigation
Trunk Mat, Locks, Cargo Net, rear bumper protector

MSRP $56,538
Purchased for $51,591

As for extra option DRS for $1700 did not see a reason for this handles great for the touring luxury sedan that it is, Mark Lev upgrade also did not hear a $1400 dollar difference my GS has a better stereo then my ISF Mark lev hands down they really took the pioneer in this new GS to the next level imho, HUD display had this in my two previous Z06s never used it more of a look what my car has kind of option, Dynamic CC cool option but alot of money and here in Miami driving you really need to be alert so no need for it. And if you do decide you want a car with all of this in a certain color combo good luck it will be a custom order and you will not get it super discounted like the above deal. I bought my car from JM Lexus what a great experience. They also sell the most Lexus's in the US by twice as many as the second highest dealer in the US so they have some inventory and do over 700+ just new cars a month some months.

Quick Reply: possible new gs owner