GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

F-Sport Wheels - Unremovable Spots

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-14, 07:36 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,050 Likes on 664 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Is 1E8 touch up paint something you got from the Lexus dealer?
Why yes!

Sewell website sells 1E3 but no dealers here carry that and have to order for like 2 weeks. I got no time for that, so I told them to give me the best one they got. The guy came out with 1E8 and I'm quite happy with it.
Old 08-08-14, 10:13 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Refinish or new wheels is totally at the discretion of the dealership. But if I just took delivery and caught it in the first week I'd be asking for new wheels.
Old 10-14-14, 01:24 PM
FSPORTGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the exact same problem with stains under the rim clear coat. I took my car to the dealer and they said it wasn't a warranty issue. I then called the 800 Lexus customer service number. They contacted the dealer and once again said it wasn't a warranty issue. They sent me an email with $200 worth of service credit as a good will offering. I would much rather have my rims fixed.
Old 10-14-14, 02:48 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

I don't think the wheels have any clear coat and the paint is really thin!
Old 10-15-14, 07:48 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Why yes!

Sewell website sells 1E3 but no dealers here carry that and have to order for like 2 weeks. I got no time for that, so I told them to give me the best one they got. The guy came out with 1E8 and I'm quite happy with it.
Yes, too long to order.
Attached Images  
Old 10-17-14, 10:44 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FSPORTGS
I have the exact same problem with stains under the rim clear coat. I took my car to the dealer and they said it wasn't a warranty issue. I then called the 800 Lexus customer service number. They contacted the dealer and once again said it wasn't a warranty issue. They sent me an email with $200 worth of service credit as a good will offering. I would much rather have my rims fixed.
You got screwed. Send the service credit back. There should be a regional Lexus rep that can come to the dealer and investigate your car. Also bring up Clublexus forums and show them pictures from this thread. You may also want to mention people who have had their dealers fix this problem under warranty or as a "goodwill" service.

My dealer refinished mine even though I was in for my 10k service (although it took some arm twisting and forum name dropping). I bought my car from Park Place Lexus in Plano, TX. Also, you can deal with other Lexus dealerships, it's a factory warranty issue and if the dealer is going to be hard headed, try another.
Old 10-28-14, 02:26 PM
fazey99
Driver School Candidate

Update on my situation. After waiting for about two months for the regional service rep, he blamed the stains on something that, "I must of applied". I explained to him that I have had almost every car you can think of (BMW M3, 2 BMW M5's, MB CLK55, MB E63 and so on) and the same detailer has washed all my cars. I also explained that my work truck (Ford F-150 FX4) has a similar finish and has never had an issue. I also traded in a RR Sport that had upgraded wheels finished in gunmetal and never had any issues. I also mentioned this forum. He did not want to address my situation and after forming a show, they agreed to re-finish the wheels. I received the car the following day. The refinish looks alright. The color applied is darker than the factory finish. I also have clear coat overspray that I will need to have buffed out. I am definitely not happy about the over all results or how I was treated by the district service rep. I probably will not let this go.
Old 11-28-14, 01:02 AM
ZbynekZ
Driver

I had same problem with the wheels. Changed for new set under the warranty.

European HQ said I am the first case in EU. I'm not sure if this makes me proud
Old 11-08-15, 06:31 PM
bwalsworth
Driver School Candidate

I used some mothers aluminum polish and a microfiber towel and my wheels look great
Old 11-17-15, 11:16 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bwalsworth
I used some mothers aluminum polish and a microfiber towel and my wheels look great

That's because you don't have this issue.. it's a paint issue.. no amount of polishing is going to do anything.
Old 11-24-15, 11:04 PM
Prinny
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So an update... no luck. They say that if it were like the first 5000 miles or so then possibly something could be done, but my car has 30k.
Old 11-25-15, 09:39 AM
nadeemp8
Driver School Candidate

Yeah not sure about the finish on these wheels. Definitely not as strong as most of the other factory wheels and aftermarket wheels I've encountered in my life...
Old 05-24-16, 09:06 AM
MikeyRoth
Driver School Candidate

Check this out guys. This just happened to me. I need to gather more photos for back up for this case. I have seen this on plenty other rims just like this.

Old 05-25-16, 11:46 AM
MikeyRoth
Driver School Candidate

Check this out. This happened on Monday. Please let me know if you found out anything about this issue?
Attached Thumbnails F-Sport Wheels - Unremovable Spots-img_0926.jpg   F-Sport Wheels - Unremovable Spots-img_0927.jpg   F-Sport Wheels - Unremovable Spots-img_0928.jpg   F-Sport Wheels - Unremovable Spots-img_0929.jpg  
Old 05-25-16, 02:58 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Lines and glitters.

Quick Reply: F-Sport Wheels - Unremovable Spots