GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

mgp caliper covers

Old 11-21-12, 05:51 AM
Skeezy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrpartsman
Here is a pic of the real BBK, 6 piston, 14 inch rotors, i am gonna have it available very soon, it takes abt a month to get but well worth it.
How much did that run you?
Old 12-02-17, 05:32 PM
Reston4GS
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Skeezy
How much did that run you?
I agree, if I had the $4000 to use for just the front brakes than yeah that would be great, but for $200 front and rear to get it to look good, I think it’s a reasonable option. No different than tinting the tail lights vs replacing them completely. It’s a just a cosmetic mod verses a brake upgrade. IMHO of course.
Old 12-02-17, 06:41 PM
eddie420

Received 610 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by Reston4GS
I agree, if I had the $4000 to use for just the front brakes than yeah that would be great, but for $200 front and rear to get it to look good, I think it’s a reasonable option. No different than tinting the tail lights vs replacing them completely. It’s a just a cosmetic mod verses a brake upgrade. IMHO of course.
I just bought these. Mine will ship in 2 weeks. We'll see how they hold up.
Attached Thumbnails mgp caliper covers-n1avrss.png  
Old 12-02-17, 09:47 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie420
Not a fan...also you might have problems with the fronts since there’s barely any clearance between the calipers and the rims.
Old 12-03-17, 05:41 AM
Reston4GS
Rookie

Originally Posted by eddie420
that's funny I was looking at the exact thing except with the Lexus logo and name.
Old 12-03-17, 09:16 AM
eddie420

Received 610 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
Not a fan...also you might have problems with the fronts since there’s barely any clearance between the calipers and the rims.
I have a white GS350F Crafted Edition so I figured a little bit of red accenting to match the inside will look nice. And yes on the clearance issue, that is a possibility I will run into that. I'll work something out.

Originally Posted by Reston4GS
that's funny I was looking at the exact thing except with the Lexus logo and name.
That was the other option I was contemplating. Except I was going to have white letters on black covers.
Old 12-03-17, 09:28 AM
JWBlakk
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by codraw
just came upon this site while browsing some mod possibilities, has anyone heard of them or used their covers yet? the installation looks pretty straight forward.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CaliperCovers?v=f-3HTj2H3h8

you can customize engraving:
http://www.calipercovers.com/_e/2013...per_Covers.htm

your thoughts?
I have these covers on as we speak and they don’t look too bad and are great quality aluminum and reduce brake dust...plus I had no clearance issues with my aftermarket wheels. However, I’m going to paint the front calipers instead though because that does look a lot better IMO and I’m keeping the rear covers on as I hate the look of the rear calipers. I’m not tracking the car so definitely not spending thousands of dollars for colored calipers and don’t need the bbk stopping power haha. If you get the covers though, they look better with drilled/slotted rotors and without those fake piston pin bolt looking things lol. I don’t see anything wrong if you want the covers but now that I have them, I agree that painting the calipers and a decal (at least the fronts) look way better! Here are some pics of the covers on my car currently.

Old 12-03-17, 01:11 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 666 Likes on 589 Posts

Contact us for pricing on the caliper covers by MGP!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 12-03-17, 03:26 PM
Reston4GS
Rookie

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Contact us for pricing on the caliper covers by MGP!

-Josh
Will do, thanks!
Old 01-18-23, 08:39 AM
Kingmatt24
Intermediate

Received 183 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by JWBlakk
I have these covers on as we speak and they don’t look too bad and are great quality aluminum and reduce brake dust...plus I had no clearance issues with my aftermarket wheels. However, I’m going to paint the front calipers instead though because that does look a lot better IMO and I’m keeping the rear covers on as I hate the look of the rear calipers. I’m not tracking the car so definitely not spending thousands of dollars for colored calipers and don’t need the bbk stopping power haha. If you get the covers though, they look better with drilled/slotted rotors and without those fake piston pin bolt looking things lol. I don’t see anything wrong if you want the covers but now that I have them, I agree that painting the calipers and a decal (at least the fronts) look way better! Here are some pics of the covers on my car currently.

did these end up holding up well before you painted the calipers? I think I’m 100% going with caliper covers instead of painting on my next car. I painted my caliper red 2 years and and they came out great and held up well and look great with the decals. Cost about $15 total for everything. But they get dirty quick and loose their “pop” quick and the brake dust is ridiculous on black wheels. The first drive after a car wash all my wheels are dirty
Old 01-18-23, 08:41 AM
Kingmatt24
Intermediate

And did you have any fitment issues when installing? I have a family member who’s had these covers on their car for 6+ years and they held up pretty well
Old 01-18-23, 11:55 PM
ViperTim
Pit Crew

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

$289!!!!

Do people seriously pay $289 just to slap some plastic crap on their calipers which only function is to tell other people that they don’t know how to something that pre-school children knows - paint.
Sorry but this is just tragic.
The following users liked this post:
CAKETOWN (01-19-23)
Old 01-19-23, 04:35 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,255 Likes on 997 Posts

Those Caliper covers for front and back cost $289???????
Old 01-19-23, 05:23 AM
Kingmatt24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ViperTim
$289!!!!

Do people seriously pay $289 just to slap some plastic crap on their calipers which only function is to tell other people that they don’t know how to something that pre-school children knows - paint.
Sorry but this is just tragic.
They’re actually high quality aluminum and not the plastic crap people glue right on top of their existing calipers. And they have pretty good benefits other than looks. Brake dust is basically non existent and keep your wheels/car cleaner and aluminum covers act as a heat sink too. Price is pretty crazy for covers but if they work as intended with no issues I wouldn’t care at all tbh
Old 01-19-23, 05:30 AM
Kingmatt24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jgscott
Those Caliper covers for front and back cost $289???????
by the looks of it they seem to start at that price. I just randomly created a custom pair for a f sport RC that came out to $348 but found a code online that took $59.16 off and brought it to bring it to $288 so that’s pretty funny

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: mgp caliper covers