GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Cabernet Too Light On Seats???

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-12, 11:15 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Cabernet Too Light On Seats???

if you need pics i'll post,,, however i don't think we need them. The color on my seats is lighter than the color on the DP leather and center console leather. you can def tell the diff once you look at it. has anyone with the CAB INT noticed this or is it just me. the door panel and center console leather is darker with more sheen and the seat leather is lighter and sort of dull looking.
Old 07-19-12, 11:23 AM
rockyman
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have lqd platinum fSport with cab interior and have not noticed anything odd.
Old 07-19-12, 01:52 PM
Mylriahd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it possible the perforations are playing a trick on your eyes? I think the pattern might help give the impression that the color is different from the non-perforated sections
Old 07-19-12, 04:17 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mylriahd
Is it possible the perforations are playing a trick on your eyes? I think the pattern might help give the impression that the color is different from the non-perforated sections
,, no...
Old 07-19-12, 08:24 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The console exactly matches my seats, but I have noticed the leather on the doors is a bit "richer" and more orange in color. Maybe it's the lighting? Doesn't bother me.

BTW, I've also noticed a metallic color within the perforations of the seats, which is probably due to the seat heaters/coolers. That could be why the seats look more flat in color than the other areas. If that's it, I'll take the seat coolers over an exact match.

Last edited by dseag2; 07-19-12 at 08:29 PM.
Old 07-19-12, 08:53 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dseag2
The console exactly matches my seats, but I have noticed the leather on the doors is a bit "richer" and more orange in color. Maybe it's the lighting? Doesn't bother me.

BTW, I've also noticed a metallic color within the perforations of the seats, which is probably due to the seat heaters/coolers. That could be why the seats look more flat in color than the other areas. If that's it, I'll take the seat coolers over an exact match.
they look like sparkles don't they??
i thought i was tripping. or ,,,,, IDK. but when i switched cars i noticed the sparkle in the seats. it's def in the perforations but nowhere else. thanx dseag2
Old 07-19-12, 09:02 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
they look like sparkles don't they??
i thought i was tripping. or ,,,,, IDK. but when i switched cars i noticed the sparkle in the seats. it's def in the perforations but nowhere else. thanx dseag2
Yep, they do look like sparkles and I was trying to vacuum them up because I thought something had fallen in the holes.
Old 07-20-12, 06:29 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Could have a lot to do with the seating surfaces actually being leather, whereas everything else is vinyl.
Old 07-20-12, 08:33 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Could have a lot to do with the seating surfaces actually being leather, whereas everything else is vinyl.
the door panel material, the material (not even going to call it leather) running the length of the console is actually vinyl. well i'll be damned.
Old 07-20-12, 09:16 AM
LexusGSFGO
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've heard and also read somewhere on this forum that its all leather, including the top of the dash.

Last edited by LexusGSFGO; 07-20-12 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-20-12, 10:20 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Can't be. Feel the seating surface and the steering wheel, then rub your hand just down the side of the seat...there's a noticeable difference there. Remember that feeling, because that's how all the other non-seating surfaces feel as well. It's cheap vinyl and no one will convince me otherwise. The dash is vinyl too.

Kind of makes you sick to think they can't even afford to use real cow skin, in a $60K car.
Old 07-20-12, 10:52 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Can't be. Feel the seating surface and the steering wheel, then rub your hand just down the side of the seat...there's a noticeable difference there. Remember that feeling, because that's how all the other non-seating surfaces feel as well. It's cheap vinyl and no one will convince me otherwise. The dash is vinyl too.

Kind of makes you sick to think they can't even afford to use real cow skin, in a $60K car.
dash is synthetic while rest is real leather (semi-aniline on seats, rest regular leather).... dunno, it all looks a lot nicer leather than my 2007 GS250 or IS220d with semi-aniline leather.

not so sure how good would have real thing handled dash sun exposure, so i am actually happy it is not real thing as long as it looks good.

I just had a nice drive and it is pretty hard to fault GS interior, a bit sterile in feel (germanic) but a lot better than before in every possible way I can think of. Those 18 way seats are crazy.
Old 07-20-12, 11:19 AM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

For $60k you're not getting a Bentley. The interior in the GS is fantastic.

You can buy a 528i with a 4-cylinder engine and barely comparable equipment (but no M-Sport package) for $65k if you'd prefer.