Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Fourth Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Scanning audio presets issue

Old 07-15-12, 11:17 AM   #1
DomPel
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Scanning audio presets issue

I have owned/leased a number of Lexus vehicles over the last several years. However, this is the first time I have seen this anomaly. With my past models, scanning my audio presets are always done within a 'band' (SAT1, SAT2, FM1, etc.). For example, if scanning in SAT1, when the highest preset station is reached, continued scanning will return to my FIRST preset within SAT1.

However on my 2013 GS, continuing to scan will go to my first preset on the NEXT band (e.g. SAT2). Then continued scanning completes the presets in this band and continues to the next until looping through every preset in EVERY band.

I find it hard to believe that this was intentionally designed this way. Does anybody know if this is a bug or is there some custom setting to scan only a single band? Thank you.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
DomPel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-12, 04:45 PM   #2
HUSKERnKS
Pole Position

It was designed that way. You get 6 pages of presets. Any band any order.

I personally like it.
HUSKERnKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-12, 01:41 PM   #3
kssod
Rookie

I like the idea, just too bad that the station name is not also displayed. I don't think I have been in a car with sat radio in the past 7 years that doesn't use the name in the presets, including my 2007 corvette, and several Acura.
With 36 presets how can Lexus expect us to keep straight which station is which?
kssod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-12, 12:51 AM   #4
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by kssod View Post
I like the idea, just too bad that the station name is not also displayed. I don't think I have been in a car with sat radio in the past 7 years that doesn't use the name in the presets, including my 2007 corvette, and several Acura.
With 36 presets how can Lexus expect us to keep straight which station is which?
Right on! This was a huge oversight on their part.
62 Austin Healey Sprite (sold), 64 Triumph TR-4 (sold), 68 Chevrolet Corvette 427 c.i. 435 h.p. (sold), 73 Chevy Nova SS-350 replaced with 427 cid big block (sold), 82 & 89 Porsche 928s (sold), 90 Taurus SHO (sold), 96 Fix Or Repair Daily Taurus (sold), 95 Lexus SC-400 (sold), 99 Corvette (sold), 02 Corvette Z-06 (sold), 04 Lexus SC-430 (sold), 06 Lexus GS-300AWD (sold), 09 Mazda CX-7 (sold), 08 Lexus IS-F MMR (sold), 11 Jeep Grand Cherokee (current), 13 GS-350 RR (current)
jkeifer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-12, 06:54 AM   #5
Chrisr61
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kssod View Post
Agreed!!! I also have an 07 Vette, along with an F150 and both of those radios display the station names. I'm sure Lexus can do it, but for some dumb reason, chose not to.
Chrisr61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-12, 06:54 AM

Tags
2013, 36, 430, audio, clublexus, ct200h, display, gs, lexus, personalized, preset, presets, radio, scan, set, settings, system