Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

F-SPORT Front Bumper on my Lux GS350?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-12, 10:49 AM
nyczyang27
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-SPORT Front Bumper on my Lux GS350?

Hey guys, I own a Non F Sport Luxury GS350 model and some guy backed up into me and ruined my front bumper. His insurance company (allstate) is covering 100% of the damages. I think this might be a good reason to switch to the F-Sport front bumper since it's the same price as the non fsport bumper. I love the aggressive look of it. I'm planning on taking to the dealership to get it repaired because their body shop is known to be the best in the area especially for Lexus cars.

Anyways, is the F-Sport front bumper compatible to my non fsport? It looks like both bumpers are the same price I'm thinking i don't need to take any money out of my pocket for the conversion. I don't really care about too much about the fogs if its not possible to install with the F sport bumper.

Last edited by nyczyang27; 07-14-12 at 11:01 AM.
Old 07-14-12, 11:10 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

what are you going to do about the LUX wheels? i think your wheels and the F-Sport bumper will clash. getting F-Sport wheels will solve that problem. that's a damn shame,,, people just don't pay attention to what they're doing and **** up your property. their ins. is paying which is a good thing. good luck with whatever you choose to do. maybe look into a titanium bumper,,, just in case. j/k
Old 07-14-12, 11:49 AM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

If u have the lux. package, then u have the foglights, you have to figure out what you gonna do with it.
Old 07-14-12, 12:02 PM
nyczyang27
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
what are you going to do about the LUX wheels? i think your wheels and the F-Sport bumper will clash. getting F-Sport wheels will solve that problem. that's a damn shame,,, people just don't pay attention to what they're doing and **** up your property. their ins. is paying which is a good thing. good luck with whatever you choose to do. maybe look into a titanium bumper,,, just in case. j/k
Are you sure that my Lux wheels will rub the F-Sport bumper? If thats the case, I won't get FS bumper.. I don't really want to spend anymore money on this car.

Originally Posted by mrpartsman
If u have the lux. package, then u have the foglights, you have to figure out what you gonna do with it.
I know i have the fog lights. What I'm thinking is that the fog lights won't be able to fit the new FS bumper unless heavy modding will be required.
Old 07-14-12, 12:19 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

You should pm Joe-z, he can help u with that.
Old 07-14-12, 03:14 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

^F-Sport bumper has nothing to do with the wheels!!! LOL

If you get the F-Sport bumper you need the JDM fog light bezels ... as the US F-Sport ones don't have a hole for the fog light.

Old 07-14-12, 07:54 PM
Dustin2011
Pole Position

You should totally do this. Getting the JDM fog light bezels will make it look even better than US F-Sport models.
Old 07-14-12, 08:03 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

When the earlier poster said your Luxury wheels will clash, he was just saying they wouldn't look particularly right with the F-Sport bumper. They actually may look small at 18", since the F-Sport wheels are 19". That is what I would see as the biggest challenge.
Old 07-14-12, 08:34 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by nyczyang27
Are you sure that my Lux wheels will rub the F-Sport bumper? If thats the case, I won't get FS bumper.. I don't really want to spend anymore money on this car.

I know i have the fog lights. What I'm thinking is that the fog lights won't be able to fit the new FS bumper unless heavy modding will be required.
not saying the lux wheels will rub on F-Sport bumper,,, by clash i mean that the aggressive bumper might not look right with the lux wheels, as a matter of fact i know it wouldn't look right.
Old 07-14-12, 09:16 PM
Outrage
Lead Lap

This is what an F Sport trim level would look like with the Luxury Package wheels.

http://www.lexus.com.ph/models/F/GS-...t/gallery.html

That is exactly how the GS 350 F Sport is sold in the Philippines. I think it looks fine.
Old 07-14-12, 10:58 PM
nyczyang27
Driver School Candidate

That looks pretty good actually. Do you guys know if my fogs that i have right now will fit the JDM fog light bezel for the F-Sport bumper? If so, do I just need to buy the bezel and nothing else? I'm assuming this since i already have the fogs and wiring pre-installed because of luxury model.
Old 07-16-12, 09:24 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nyczyang27
Hey guys, I own a Non F Sport Luxury GS350 model and some guy backed up into me and ruined my front bumper. His insurance company (allstate) is covering 100% of the damages. I think this might be a good reason to switch to the F-Sport front bumper since it's the same price as the non fsport bumper. I love the aggressive look of it. I'm planning on taking to the dealership to get it repaired because their body shop is known to be the best in the area especially for Lexus cars.

Anyways, is the F-Sport front bumper compatible to my non fsport? It looks like both bumpers are the same price I'm thinking i don't need to take any money out of my pocket for the conversion. I don't really care about too much about the fogs if its not possible to install with the F sport bumper.

Hey sorry to see that.

If you follow our thread here, we had a base 350 which we changed and added the F-sport bumper too.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...roject-gs.html

Everything is plug and play. Make sure you get the head lamp washer caps for it.

The cool thing is Joe-Z found out that you can use your fogs in the F-sport bumper if you want by ordering the JDM fog lamp cut outs, the base/luxury 350 fog lamps them fit right in, again plug and play. Otherwise if you don't want the fogs you have to take them out and not attach to the USDM F-sport bumper.

Hope that helps. We prefer the F-sport bumper.
Old 07-16-12, 09:58 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Outrage
This is what an F Sport trim level would look like with the Luxury Package wheels.

http://www.lexus.com.ph/models/F/GS-...t/gallery.html

That is exactly how the GS 350 F Sport is sold in the Philippines. I think it looks fine.
yeah,, you're right it doesn't look bad at all. take into account that in your pic the car looks like it's dropped.
Old 08-07-12, 11:23 AM
nyczyang27
Driver School Candidate

So i just got my car back from Lexus and they did an awesome job on the conversion.

Heres a pic of the new & old bumper.

Old 08-07-12, 12:29 PM
kdsr123
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that looks great!

Quick Reply: F-SPORT Front Bumper on my Lux GS350?